Graphic World

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graphic World

Journal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Graphic World.

Two steps of on-line email testing including a basic editing exam, proof reading, and some logic questions. Nothing surprising or difficult. Two in person interviews on separate days. Questions were the standard expected interview questions. Focus was on problem solving situations, client service issues, etc.. Interviewers were friendly and did not interrupt responses. They were interested in the answers supplied. Overall, a good experience.

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Graphic World in October 2011.

I was invited to take an editorial test which consisted of a spelling/grammar quiz and a proofreading exercise. I was given a dictionary and a Chicago Manual of Style for reference, which I appreciated. Afterwards, I had a very brief interview with HR, who was new to the job, and could answer none of my questions. It was a pleasant but brief exchange, and I was told that if the production manager was happy with the results of the test, I would be called back for a second interview. The fact that I wasn't called back for a second interview is not what burns me about the experience--what bothers me is, I was never contacted again. No "Thank you, but we've chosen a different applicant" e-mail, nothing. If I am going to take time from my current job to drive in for an interview and take an editorial test, the least I expect is a follow-up e-mail once the decision is made. It is common courtesy and takes all of 30 seconds. Instead, the lack of consideration informed me about what kind of morale and environment I could expect at Graphic World: not very good.

Freelance Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Graphic World in May 2008.

I was given one interview and signed on as a contract employee. The interview was extremely difficult. The interviewer reviewed my portfolio and asked me only a few questions, but they were very in-depth. Be prepared to describe exactly what you can do. Don't hold back; feel free to show off.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a sheet of typed information and asked to proofread it.   View Answer
    I'd suggest accepting exactly what they give you - I guarantee it will be far better than your expectations.