Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Brief 10 minute information session with other potential empolyees. Get called in for an individual interview that lasts about 3 minutes. They let you know right away if they want you to come back. But if you do come back, it is for a paid observation day where you shadow a seasoned canvasser and then try it yourself.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to convince me to donate $50 to your campaign right now?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

You don't have to submit a resume or cover letter. You apply online and they invite you to their office, at which point you fill out a basic application and they have someone talk to you as a group about the job. One by one you get called out of the room to do an interview that only lasts a few minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you were talking to someone and they didn't seem interested, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the Chicago office. I had previously worked at the LA office for two weeks in 2008. They said they couldn't hire me again because I was under quota before, even though I got a $1500 donation my last day and raised over $2000 in two weeks. Overall they were very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied online and then was called into an interview. It was a very relaxed process. Arriving at the office, there was a circle of chairs lined up and we were interviewed separately in a room with one of the Assistant Directors at the office.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to you to work on behalf of and represent (specified non-profit organization)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

You enter a shady looking room and sit in chairs as one leader gives a overview of what the company stands for. Then one by one they call you and sit you down in front of an interviewer and interview you. The interview was basic questions. Not bad at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Just filled out a basic application and talk to a director and got hired for observation day. The interviewer seemed very nice and even gave me a recommendation to be Field Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for grassroots? Do you have any experience with personal communication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick. Filled out some paper work and then went in for a 1:1 interview. Talked about my leadership experience and what I have done in my first year of college. I was offered to work for Grassroots and I did one day of training. The training made me realize that I definitely do NOT want to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online with a form, got a call within five minutes. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Went to their office and was in a room with a few other people who were going to be interviewed. Got a few minute intro to what Grassroots was and what they did, then we introduced ourselves in the group (name, where we were from, what is one issue we cared about). Then the private interviews started. My interview lasted about three minutes before the interviewer told me that I sounded like a good fit. I was given paperwork and told to come back on the day I had indicated I could start, for the three day "training period," where you got a chance each day to get the minimum of $120 in donations in order to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you ask someone to donate and they say that they support the cause, but don't want to give money at this time. What would you say?   1 Answer
    • What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screening, followed up with a group info session / interview, and was completed with a one-on-one. I was offered a position as a canvasser and accepted. There is a three day training period, where you must meet a fundraising quota in order to become officially staffed. The job isn't for everyone, but it is possible to do well if your skills fit the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pointless and a waist of time....the don't even knw how to interview someone!!!! They ask off the wall question not eve pertaining to the job. If I had anything to do with it I would put that entire crew back in to training and give them drug test!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with us?   1 Answer