Grassroots Campaigns

1.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in August 2014.

Easy ; Was called and lady wanted me to come in to interview the next day. Overall the process was Very Easy ; Was Hired On The Spot.. But WILL get fired if you don't make them enough money on your first day.

Interview Questions
  • There was None. All she asked was How would you try to get money from someone? and tell me about your last leadership position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in February 2014.

Called and told him a little about myself and previous experience, he cut me off and was like come down for an interview you sound like an awesome fit! The next day I came in for an interview with absolutely no resume, in business casual, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was pretty cut and dry it's minimum wage with a little comission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in August 2013.

I applied online through their website. I got a call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. When I got to the interview I had to fill out a paper application that they had. There was one other person there for an interview. The person in charge of the interview told us about what campaigns they working on and how they work. Afterwards, we had a one-on-one interview. The interview didn't take that long. They only asked a few questions, most which were from the paper app I had just filled out. The questions were:
    - Why made you interested in working for us?
    - (Because they were doing a campaign for Planned Parenthood) How would you respond to someone saying that you're just supporting abortion/baby killing?
    -Describe your past work experience and leadership experience.
    -Why are you passionate about this campaign and protection of women's rights?
    They gave me a job on the spot and told me that I would have the next three days to raise a certain amount while out campaigning before I could be officially staffed.

Canvasser Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple. Give them a call and schedule a time to meet. During the interview, basic questions are asked about personality and previous work experience. Only went through 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty generic, shouldn't pose any problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in December 2012.

Show up at the office--you get a few minutes for a personal interview. Talk about your political interests, experience--it's pretty simple.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in June 2012.

Group presentation of what they do, salary, etc. Then, one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in April 2012.

I first encountered the company at a career fair at my university. After chatting with them for a little bit they signed me up for an interview the following day at their local office. I came dressed in business-formal attire even though my interviewer was dressed quite a bit more casually. The process was pretty straight-forward; she asked me a couple questions about my resume and why I was interested in this job in particular. After the interview was over she explained that they were looking to hire on more field managers and explained the pay method for that position, and offered me the job on the spot. I accepted immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were trying to persuade someone who seemed hesitant about the cause you were advocating?   View Answer
    salary not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in January 2012.

i went in, sat through a presentation, talked about my experience and was hired on the spot. there were many other people in the interview session, and it seemed like they were all hired too.

Interview Questions
    • what would you say if someone said no to donation?   View Answer
    they told me the salary and i agreed to it. there was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in January 2012.

I had applied after I saw a job posting on Craigslist for political campaign jobs. I sent in some information online and someone got back to me the next day asking about my past experience and what I felt I would bring to the job. After that they asked me to come in to the office for an interview. There were a few other people there waiting to interview as well.

They gave us some history about the company and the work they've done and then we were each called back for interviews one at a time. They asked me about my work/school experience and my leadership skills. The guy I talked to said there were opportunities for more leadership based roles and with my experience I would be a good candidate, then he offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What political issue concerns you?   View Answer
    • What do you think you will bring to this position?   View Answer
    There wasn't really a lot of room for negotiating. They had a base pay scale and a bonus structure based on individual performance. I was able to negotiate my schedule though. They let me choose which days of the week I wanted to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in November 2011.

I responded to a craigslist ad and a few days later I got a call asking me to come it. There was about 6 of us and one interviewer. I think this was all a formality, they were going to hire us for a 3 day trail. In that 3 days if you hit the one day quota you will be officially hired. They give you adequate training to be able to get this number by the last day. I was able to get it on my second.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. The most generic interview questions you can think of (Weaknesses, strengths, why do you want to work here...etc)   Answer Question