Grassroots Campaigns Canvasser Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

You enter a shady looking room and sit in chairs as one leader gives a overview of what the company stands for. Then one by one they call you and sit you down in front of an interviewer and interview you. The interview was basic questions. Not bad at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grassroots Campaigns

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Just filled out a basic application and talk to a director and got hired for observation day. The interviewer seemed very nice and even gave me a recommendation to be Field Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for grassroots? Do you have any experience with personal communication?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online with a form, got a call within five minutes. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Went to their office and was in a room with a few other people who were going to be interviewed. Got a few minute intro to what Grassroots was and what they did, then we introduced ourselves in the group (name, where we were from, what is one issue we cared about). Then the private interviews started. My interview lasted about three minutes before the interviewer told me that I sounded like a good fit.

I was given paperwork and told to come back on the day I had indicated I could start, for the three day "training period," where you got a chance each day to get the minimum of $120 in donations in order to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you ask someone to donate and they say that they support the cause, but don't want to give money at this time. What would you say?   1 Answer
    • What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screening, followed up with a group info session / interview, and was completed with a one-on-one. I was offered a position as a canvasser and accepted. There is a three day training period, where you must meet a fundraising quota in order to become officially staffed. The job isn't for everyone, but it is possible to do well if your skills fit the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pointless and a waist of time....the don't even knw how to interview someone!!!! They ask off the wall question not eve pertaining to the job. If I had anything to do with it I would put that entire crew back in to training and give them drug test!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

they sit you in a room with a bunch of other people and make you want regret everything that you ever did to get there. got the job offer and never went back. it was horrible. dont do it to yourself. please. seriously like everyone got the job all they want is bodies to stick out in the middle of some street and im not even sure that they know what the organizations they are petitioning for actually do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy ; Was called and lady wanted me to come in to interview the next day. Overall the process was Very Easy ; Was Hired On The Spot.. But WILL get fired if you don't make them enough money on your first day.

Interview Questions

• There was None. All she asked was How would you try to get money from someone? and tell me about your last leadership position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews are granted to anyone with a pulse and as long as you don't say something exceptionally stupid and contrary to the leftist agenda of the organization, you will be hired. But you are not really hired. After the interview you will be granted 3 days in which you may make quota which is to earn $140 in donations. People who fall short of this are let go and coming back with a zero in the first 3 days basically guarantees being fired at the end of the shift.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with us? Why do you think you're a good fit? Why do you think women should be treated equally in society, etc. etc. etc. Very basic stuff. Your answers generally determine what campaign they will have you fundraising for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None to be had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Coral Gables, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

When I got to the office I felt very out of place. I was all dressed up and ready for a serious interview and the person who interviewed me was in shorts and a t-shirt. I understand they have to dress the part for their street canvassing but they could have at least let us know it was casual. They gave us a group presentation describing the job and what we would be doing then called us for an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I approaching people and maintaining small talk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Called and told him a little about myself and previous experience, he cut me off and was like come down for an interview you sound like an awesome fit! The next day I came in for an interview with absolutely no resume, in business casual, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was pretty cut and dry it's minimum wage with a little comission