Grassroots Campaigns, Inc.

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in November 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to a craigslist ad and a few days later I got a call asking me to come it. There was about 6 of us and one interviewer. I think this was all a formality, they were going to hire us for a 3 day trail. In that 3 days if you hit the one day quota you will be officially hired. They give you adequate training to be able to get this number by the last day. I was able to get it on my second.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. The most generic interview questions you can think of (Weaknesses, strengths, why do you want to work here...etc)   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Show up at the office--you get a few minutes for a personal interview. Talk about your political interests, experience--it's pretty simple.

Interview Question – What causes do you care about?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website. I got a call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. When I got to the interview I had to fill out a paper application that they had. There was one other person there for an interview. The person in charge of the interview told us about what campaigns they working on and how they work. Afterwards, we had a one-on-one interview. The interview didn't take that long. They only asked a few questions, most which were from the paper app I had just filled out. The questions were:
- Why made you interested in working for us?
- (Because they were doing a campaign for Planned Parenthood) How would you respond to someone saying that you're just supporting abortion/baby killing?
-Describe your past work experience and leadership experience.
-Why are you passionate about this campaign and protection of women's rights?
They gave me a job on the spot and told me that I would have the next three days to raise a certain amount while out campaigning before I could be officially staffed.

Interview Question – I don't think any of the questions were really tough.   Answer Question

Canvasser

Interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very simple. Give them a call and schedule a time to meet. During the interview, basic questions are asked about personality and previous work experience. Only went through 1 interview.

Interview Question – They were all pretty generic, shouldn't pose any problems.   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – I first encountered the company at a career fair at my university. After chatting with them for a little bit they signed me up for an interview the following day at their local office. I came dressed in business-formal attire even though my interviewer was dressed quite a bit more casually. The process was pretty straight-forward; she asked me a couple questions about my resume and why I was interested in this job in particular. After the interview was over she explained that they were looking to hire on more field managers and explained the pay method for that position, and offered me the job on the spot. I accepted immediately.

Interview Question – What would you say if you were trying to persuade someone who seemed hesitant about the cause you were advocating?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary not negotiable

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in January 2012.

Interview Details – i went in, sat through a presentation, talked about my experience and was hired on the spot. there were many other people in the interview session, and it seemed like they were all hired too.

Interview Question – what would you say if someone said no to donation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they told me the salary and i agreed to it. there was no negotiating.

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – Group presentation of what they do, salary, etc. Then, one on one interview.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied after I saw a job posting on Craigslist for political campaign jobs. I sent in some information online and someone got back to me the next day asking about my past experience and what I felt I would bring to the job. After that they asked me to come in to the office for an interview. There were a few other people there waiting to interview as well.

They gave us some history about the company and the work they've done and then we were each called back for interviews one at a time. They asked me about my work/school experience and my leadership skills. The guy I talked to said there were opportunities for more leadership based roles and with my experience I would be a good candidate, then he offered me a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a lot of room for negotiating. They had a base pay scale and a bonus structure based on individual performance. I was able to negotiate my schedule though. They let me choose which days of the week I wanted to work.

Canvasser Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – A friend suggested that I apply to canvassers job she had just finish over her summer break form college. I call early the next morning expecting to maybe get an interview in a week or two, but was surprised to be invited to come to there urban office for a mid-afternoon interview. When I arrived I found about eight or nine other applicants awaiting for the same position, apparently this organization dose group hiring daily. Once designated interview time arrived, the interview came into the waiting area and introduced himself and asked us all to stand and introduce ourselves to the whole room. After introductions where completed and resumes gathered, everyone was given a two page questioner to complete and the one on one interview began in the adjoining office. The one on one interview process was very simple and straight forward with the typical questions about prior work experience and expectation. Once the interview was over I was offered the position and I accepted it.

Interview Question – How do you respond or redirect a person who says no, and states that they do not feel comfortable responding to solicitor for donations on the street.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc.

Worked for Grassroots Campaigns, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. Canvasser interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. employees and interview candidates.