Grassroots Campaigns Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.9

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

it was a group interview. First, you have to fill the application form when you arrive ( even you have already submit the resume before). You have to introduce yourself briefly in the group, and answer some unrelated questions. (What kinds of fruit do you like?) Then, you will have individual interview which they told me that everyone needs to be canvasser first...then waited to be promote to office coordinator.

Interview Questions

Interview

You get a phone call where the recruitment specialist basically asks you why you want the job, what your experience is, etc. You get an in-person interview and you will usually know right away whether or not you get the job. They will ask you about your involvement or interest in social and political issues. They like passionate people. Directors have more than one interview.

Canvass Director Interview

Application

interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in October 2014.

Interview

They were slightly too eager to hire...red flag. Also, they mislead about what the position really is, it is a door-to-door position with extremely vigorous hours and if you do not meet the quota then you are all but useless.

Interview Questions

Long hours small pay not worth it

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Met them at a career fair at my campus. I gave them my information, not expecting much from it. The next day they texted me and informed me they would like to move forward and speak to me on the phone. They never told me it was an interview, I was thinking it was in informal conversation where they would tell me about the organization and ask about my interest and would then move on to a interview at a later date. So I was kind of blindsided, but luckily a friend who was also looking to join the organization received the call earlier and told me. It was not one of my best interviews, some of the questions they asked were a bit difficult, since I didn't have any direct experience organizing or strong leadership positions under my belt. Ultimately they offered me a lower position in the Berkeley office, which I was not all that interested in as I am from Los Angeles and had no plans to move out on my own right after graduation. I asked how long I would have to think about it and was informed I would be contacted via email in the following week. The email never came and I never heard from them again. After reading other people's experiences with the company I knew I didn't want the job, so it all worked out anyway.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time where you taught someone a skill.
      What is your experience with community organizing.

Answer Question

I read a review about an individual who relocated and had a horrible experience. The review stated that he/she was given a hotel night after night but the situation was unstable. They wouldn't find out what hotel they were staying in until the end of the night. They offered me a position where I would have to relocate, so that didn't sit well with me. Also the pay for the amount of work you do is low. It seems like a lot, but when you factor in hours it's fairly low.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

I submitted an application on the company website and was contacted in less than a week by a recruiter. I had a short 20 minute phone interview first, followed by 1 hour in person interview. My interviewer was very upfront about the large time commitment the position entails, which is 80+ hours a week. After traveling all the way to NYC on a holiday weekend for the interview, I literally never heard from them again, despite attempts to follow up. This is incredibly disrespectful to prospective candidates. A simple, sorry we've decided to go in a different direction would have taken less than 5 minutes and not left such a negative impression on me. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

they sit you in a room with a bunch of other people and make you want regret everything that you ever did to get there. got the job offer and never went back. it was horrible. dont do it to yourself. please. seriously like everyone got the job all they want is bodies to stick out in the middle of some street and im not even sure that they know what the organizations they are petitioning for actually do

Grassroots Campaigns Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online

1st interview was about 15 to 20 mins fairly easy and laid back more about the company and the messages they trying to pull through

2nd more informative about the job more information about the job and your personal opinion on the social problems and issues

dint do third one because i read about this online.

Interview Questions

• not really difficult its more of your own opinions on the grassroots company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy ; Was called and lady wanted me to come in to interview the next day. Overall the process was Very Easy ; Was Hired On The Spot.. But WILL get fired if you don't make them enough money on your first day.

Interview Questions

• There was None. All she asked was How would you try to get money from someone? and tell me about your last leadership position.   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Interview

Got a call the morning after sending in my name and e-mail and phone number. There was a scheduled interview where a number of other applicants were seated. We were given a short introduction on the company and different campaigns they are working on. I was taken to another room for a personal interview, given a survey to fill out, and hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• None. I swear they don't care who you are, you will probably be hired on spot. You're basically easily disposable and easily replaceable with the amount of people desperate for jobs nationwide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviews are granted to anyone with a pulse and as long as you don't say something exceptionally stupid and contrary to the leftist agenda of the organization, you will be hired. But you are not really hired. After the interview you will be granted 3 days in which you may make quota which is to earn $140 in donations. People who fall short of this are let go and coming back with a zero in the first 3 days basically guarantees being fired at the end of the shift.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with us? Why do you think you're a good fit? Why do you think women should be treated equally in society, etc. etc. etc. Very basic stuff. Your answers generally determine what campaign they will have you fundraising for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None to be had.