Grassroots Campaigns

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.0

Office Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

it was a group interview. First, you have to fill the application form when you arrive ( even you have already submit the resume before). You have to introduce yourself briefly in the group, and answer some unrelated questions. (What kinds of fruit do you like?) Then, you will have individual interview which they told me that everyone needs to be canvasser first...then waited to be promote to office coordinator.

Field Manager/Recruitment Specialist Interview

You get a phone call where the recruitment specialist basically asks you why you want the job, what your experience is, etc. You get an in-person interview and you will usually know right away whether or not you get the job. They will ask you about your involvement or interest in social and political issues. They like passionate people. Directors have more than one interview.

Canvass Director Interview

interviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in October 2014.

They were slightly too eager to hire...red flag. Also, they mislead about what the position really is, it is a door-to-door position with extremely vigorous hours and if you do not meet the quota then you are all but useless.

Interview Questions

Long hours small pay not worth it

Assistant Canvass Director Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Met them at a career fair at my campus. I gave them my information, not expecting much from it. The next day they texted me and informed me they would like to move forward and speak to me on the phone. They never told me it was an interview, I was thinking it was in informal conversation where they would tell me about the organization and ask about my interest and would then move on to a interview at a later date. So I was kind of blindsided, but luckily a friend who was also looking to join the organization received the call earlier and told me. It was not one of my best interviews, some of the questions they asked were a bit difficult, since I didn't have any direct experience organizing or strong leadership positions under my belt. Ultimately they offered me a lower position in the Berkeley office, which I was not all that interested in as I am from Los Angeles and had no plans to move out on my own right after graduation. I asked how long I would have to think about it and was informed I would be contacted via email in the following week. The email never came and I never heard from them again. After reading other people's experiences with the company I knew I didn't want the job, so it all worked out anyway.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about a time where you taught someone a skill.
      What is your experience with community organizing.

Answer Question

I read a review about an individual who relocated and had a horrible experience. The review stated that he/she was given a hotel night after night but the situation was unstable. They wouldn't find out what hotel they were staying in until the end of the night. They offered me a position where I would have to relocate, so that didn't sit well with me. Also the pay for the amount of work you do is low. It seems like a lot, but when you factor in hours it's fairly low.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

I submitted an application on the company website and was contacted in less than a week by a recruiter. I had a short 20 minute phone interview first, followed by 1 hour in person interview. My interviewer was very upfront about the large time commitment the position entails, which is 80+ hours a week. After traveling all the way to NYC on a holiday weekend for the interview, I literally never heard from them again, despite attempts to follow up. This is incredibly disrespectful to prospective candidates. A simple, sorry we've decided to go in a different direction would have taken less than 5 minutes and not left such a negative impression on me. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Grassroots Campaigns Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in August 2014.

applied online

1st interview was about 15 to 20 mins fairly easy and laid back more about the company and the messages they trying to pull through

2nd more informative about the job more information about the job and your personal opinion on the social problems and issues

dint do third one because i read about this online.

Interview Questions
    • not really difficult its more of your own opinions on the grassroots company   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in August 2014.

Easy ; Was called and lady wanted me to come in to interview the next day. Overall the process was Very Easy ; Was Hired On The Spot.. But WILL get fired if you don't make them enough money on your first day.

Interview Questions
    • There was None. All she asked was How would you try to get money from someone? and tell me about your last leadership position.   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

Got a call the morning after sending in my name and e-mail and phone number. There was a scheduled interview where a number of other applicants were seated. We were given a short introduction on the company and different campaigns they are working on. I was taken to another room for a personal interview, given a survey to fill out, and hired on spot.

Interview Questions
    • None. I swear they don't care who you are, you will probably be hired on spot. You're basically easily disposable and easily replaceable with the amount of people desperate for jobs nationwide.   Answer Question
    none.

Field Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns in July 2014.

Initial interview was very clear and concise. Second interview was confusing and vague. Second interview seemed pointless, because all of the same questions from the first interview were asked. However, those questions were worded awkwardly.

Interview Questions
    • If dropped in the middle of a college campus, what would you do?   Answer Question

Street Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grassroots Campaigns.

The initial review was on my college campus, where I was asked if I could handle stress and if I had communication skills. I passed the review, but I suspect everyone passes if they stay positive and say that they are great at talking to people. For the official interview, I did well when I talked about being in a fraternity, and had a lot of experience meeting new people. I suspect anyone that stays positive and says that they are social will get the job, though.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good candidate for this job?   View Answer