Gravitant Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gravitant

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gravitant in July 2014.

One of the staffing agency called me about the position of Senior Software Engineer at Gravitant. Staffing agency told me that they will pay me $115K per year. I went ahead with interview process. They started with Phone screen interview and then they called me for face-to-face the following weeks.

My face-to-face interview was almost 6 hours long (yes 6 hours!!!) . 5 different guy took my interview separately at 5 different times. I have to sit in the room for 30 minutes alone in between one person to another person. It was 98 degree outside and office space was too hot as they had lowered their air condition to very minimum to save money. Most of the time, they asked me lots of questions very irrelevant to Computer Programming. They asked very few technical questions. Most of the interviewer were very rude. This company is totally Indian dominated and 97% are Indians. Lots of people are packed into small work environment as they only leased out 3rd floor of Synergy Plaza, and work place seem to be very crowded with less office space. After I am done interviewing, Vice President took me to his room, and asked me lots of personal questions. He also told me that I will be working 10-12 hours a day (without overtime) if I accept this position. I can tell that this company have no work-life balance.

The following next week, I got very low ball offer from this company on my email. I showed this offer to my staffing agency recruiter and he was surprised and shocked. Me and Staffing agency had deal over accepting this position with pay of $115K per year before me accepting the interview.. I rejected the offer and they counter-offer my offer with only $2000 sign on bonus. I said thanks, but no thanks.

Granted, that its start-up company, but I should be at least get free stocks option without pay with low ball offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you live with your parents? How long you been living in Austin?   Answer Question

you will be working 10-12 hours a day without overtime pay, as mentioned by Vice President so there is definitely no work life balance, I did not like the work place and culture. All people were very rude and non-friendly. Very low ball offer.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gravitant in July 2014.

Phone screen interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with the Director of Product with 2 hours on onsite interviews the following week.

The interview process was pretty informal and everyone was friendly enough. I had 4 separate 30 minute interviews with different VPs of the company. 2 of the interviews were in a rush and cut the interview short.

They asked standard background questions specific to their backgrounds (ie. the VP of Engineering asked mostly about my engineering background). There were nothing tricky or too difficult.

One thing I noticed was the company was almost 90% Indian including all the people that interviewed me.

I did not get an offer which is fine because the office environment looked incredibly drab and boring but I what I didnt appreciate was a lack of response from management after the interview. I followed up a couple of times the next week for a status and they did not get back to me. I think if someone takes the time to come in for interviews, it is courtesy to atleast let them know via email.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gravitant in July 2014.

It moved quickly (in a good way), and the communication was very open and straightforward the entire time. One of the best hiring processes I've even been involved with. I had a couple of phone interviews, and then a couple of on-site interviews with certain individuals and the overall marketing team. In total, the whole process took less than a month, and they made an offer just a few days after my second on-site visit.

Interview Questions
    • They are very particular about wanting to know specific results / numbers / data from previous experience. The team asked me a few times to elaborate on certain points of my resume and to describe in detail some of the results in my previous roles.   Answer Question
    Their offer greatly exceed my expectations, so I didn't even feel the need to negotiate.