Graybar Electric

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Westwood, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview Details – Met representative at career fair. Interview process consisted of phone interview, then an interview with HR and branch manager. Both were extremely nice and respectful. It was a pleasure to speak with them.

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst
Bel-Ridge, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Graybar Electric in July 2010.

Interview Details – A phone screen and interview. Nothing terribly difficult, they'll ask basic questions about experience and some difficult things you've had to do. They look for people who question things, but be wary that you'll need to differentiate between what you can question. If you're too enterprising or a curious personality, then this would not be a good place for you too work.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. The hardest part would be the excel test, assuming they still do it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent as far as I know.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in August 2011.

Interview Details – Business professional. Go through a series of "on-the-spot" questions to see how you handle thinking on your feet.

Interview Question – List these three topics in level of importance to you. 1 - Product Knowledge. 2 - Building Relationships. 3 - Customer Service   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I countered asking for a higher salary. Risky, but if they really want you it pays off.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by Manager for a brief phone interview, was then asked to come in for a face to face with the same manager. Went in for the face to face with the hiring manager, interview lasted maybe 45 minutes. Seemed as if he had interviewed maybe 10 people throughout the day, back to back. Fairly laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. General questions about sales strategy, sales achievements, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Was a take it or leave it style job, with a set in stone salary, vacation time, etc.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Graybar Electric in May 2012.

Interview Details – Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was very traditional and straightforward. Met with Manager and co-workers.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired through a job placement agency. I had a phone interview, which was followed by a 30 minute face-to-face interview with 2 current managers. They asked many detailed questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? It's always hard to be honest and face them head one. Not surprised.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I was hired a student.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview Details – Smooth. Had a phone screen with the director and then I was flown out two week later and got the job within one month.

Interview Question – What would you change about your current position.   Answer Question

Warehouse Leader Interview

Warehouse Leader
Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source - interviewed at Graybar Electric in September 2011.

Interview Details – Understanding of computers and SAP program. Be able to operate at full capacity.

Interview Question – How much do you know about electrical products   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep your license and maintain good work ethic

Zone Service Center Manager Interview

Zone Service Center Manager
Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Graybar Electric in November 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was after I had spent several weeks with the facility staffing, interview was a (are you interested in the position) conversation lasting maybe an hour. Final interview was approximately (1) hour in length without any hiccups.

Interview Question – No questions asked were difficult as I had encountered most scenario's presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy.

Worked for Graybar Electric? Contribute to the Community!