Graybar Electric

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in August 2011.

Interview Details – Business professional. Go through a series of "on-the-spot" questions to see how you handle thinking on your feet.

Interview Question – List these three topics in level of importance to you. 1 - Product Knowledge. 2 - Building Relationships. 3 - Customer Service   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I countered asking for a higher salary. Risky, but if they really want you it pays off.

Account Manager Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by Manager for a brief phone interview, was then asked to come in for a face to face with the same manager. Went in for the face to face with the hiring manager, interview lasted maybe 45 minutes. Seemed as if he had interviewed maybe 10 people throughout the day, back to back. Fairly laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. General questions about sales strategy, sales achievements, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Was a take it or leave it style job, with a set in stone salary, vacation time, etc.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Graybar Electric in May 2012.

Interview Details – Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was very traditional and straightforward. Met with Manager and co-workers.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired through a job placement agency. I had a phone interview, which was followed by a 30 minute face-to-face interview with 2 current managers. They asked many detailed questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses? It's always hard to be honest and face them head one. Not surprised.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. I was hired a student.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Graybar Electric.

Interview Details – Smooth. Had a phone screen with the director and then I was flown out two week later and got the job within one month.

Interview Question – What would you change about your current position.   Answer Question

Warehouse Leader Interview

Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source - interviewed at Graybar Electric in September 2011.

Interview Details – Understanding of computers and SAP program. Be able to operate at full capacity.

Interview Question – How much do you know about electrical products   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep your license and maintain good work ethic

Zone Service Center Manager Interview

Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Graybar Electric in November 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was after I had spent several weeks with the facility staffing, interview was a (are you interested in the position) conversation lasting maybe an hour. Final interview was approximately (1) hour in length without any hiccups.

Interview Question – No questions asked were difficult as I had encountered most scenario's presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process takes around 3 weeks. First it is necessary to have an inside connection or a great resume, you meet with the area manager, then the next week you meet with the regional boss. Afterwards you are asked to fill out an application online and a hiring opportunity is then given shortly after. Overall, I first met with the area manager at a local restaurant and then for the regional boss, I met with both the regional and area at the same time. The area manager contacted me shortly and told me that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Question – What are you going to bring to the table and how does your past experience help with the position.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Graybar Electric in December 2011.

Interview Details – Upon being contacted by a Graybar HR rep through indeed.com, I was impressed with how fast results were accumulating. It took less than a week and one phone interview to make it to stage 2 which involved a sales assessment & background check. After passing both tests, a face-to-face interview took place between myself, the Branch Manager, and a District Sales Manager who were both extremely friendly. We discussed initiatives, scope of the market, expectations for 2012, and the life of an outside sales representative leaving the mood in high spirits. It seemed a fruitful partnership was definitely coming together until the second interview with the branch manager where about half-way through I was told "Just remember, don't screw with me," which I felt was very unprofessional. Unfortunately this set the tone of who would ultimately be my boss and quickly decided not to pursue anything further with Graybar.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The pay was low compared to other sales jobs and was not thrilled with the direction of the company after number crunching their 2010 financial statement.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graybar Electric

Worked for Graybar Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Graybar Electric interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Graybar Electric employees and interview candidates.