Graybar Electric

Graybar Electric Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

Branch Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Graybar Electric.

I really can't remember, it wasn't that hard, I just was told about the history of the company and what they sell. It was relaxed and in a conference room. You have to submit a drug test before you can accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything that was tricky. It was an upfront and honest interview. Asked to clarify some things on my resume, or go into more detail.   Answer Question
    It is what it is. There is no allowance for negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric.

Met representative at career fair. Interview process consisted of phone interview, then an interview with HR and branch manager. Both were extremely nice and respectful. It was a pleasure to speak with them.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric.

Applied online. Was contacted by Manager for a brief phone interview, was then asked to come in for a face to face with the same manager. Went in for the face to face with the hiring manager, interview lasted maybe 45 minutes. Seemed as if he had interviewed maybe 10 people throughout the day, back to back. Fairly laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. General questions about sales strategy, sales achievements, etc.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Was a take it or leave it style job, with a set in stone salary, vacation time, etc.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graybar Electric.

Smooth. Had a phone screen with the director and then I was flown out two week later and got the job within one month.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in June 2013.

The process takes around 3 weeks. First it is necessary to have an inside connection or a great resume, you meet with the area manager, then the next week you meet with the regional boss. Afterwards you are asked to fill out an application online and a hiring opportunity is then given shortly after. Overall, I first met with the area manager at a local restaurant and then for the regional boss, I met with both the regional and area at the same time. The area manager contacted me shortly and told me that I had been selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to bring to the table and how does your past experience help with the position.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graybar Electric in May 2012.

Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in December 2011.

Upon being contacted by a Graybar HR rep through indeed.com, I was impressed with how fast results were accumulating. It took less than a week and one phone interview to make it to stage 2 which involved a sales assessment & background check. After passing both tests, a face-to-face interview took place between myself, the Branch Manager, and a District Sales Manager who were both extremely friendly. We discussed initiatives, scope of the market, expectations for 2012, and the life of an outside sales representative leaving the mood in high spirits. It seemed a fruitful partnership was definitely coming together until the second interview with the branch manager where about half-way through I was told "Just remember, don't screw with me," which I felt was very unprofessional. Unfortunately this set the tone of who would ultimately be my boss and quickly decided not to pursue anything further with Graybar.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses when negotiating a sales opportunity?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle being rejected?   Answer Question

The pay was low compared to other sales jobs and was not thrilled with the direction of the company after number crunching their 2010 financial statement.

Zone Service Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Graybar Electric in November 2011.

The initial interview was after I had spent several weeks with the facility staffing, interview was a (are you interested in the position) conversation lasting maybe an hour. Final interview was approximately (1) hour in length without any hiccups.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked were difficult as I had encountered most scenario's presented.   Answer Question
    Relatively easy.

Warehouse Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Graybar Electric in September 2011.

Understanding of computers and SAP program. Be able to operate at full capacity.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about electrical products   View Answer
    Keep your license and maintain good work ethic

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in August 2011.

Business professional. Go through a series of "on-the-spot" questions to see how you handle thinking on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • List these three topics in level of importance to you. 1 - Product Knowledge. 2 - Building Relationships. 3 - Customer Service   View Answer

I countered asking for a higher salary. Risky, but if they really want you it pays off.