Graybar Electric Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was a long process with two interviews asking real world experience questions. More about problem solving and solution application using current knowledge than your standard "If you were and animal what would you be" type interview questions. Then there was a personality test, drug test, and a lot of paperwork (for the on-boarding process)

Interview Questions

• If you were going to talk to a customer who didn't know they had a problem, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Graybar Electric

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Naperville, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Upon being contacted by a Graybar HR rep through indeed.com, I was impressed with how fast results were accumulating. It took less than a week and one phone interview to make it to stage 2 which involved a sales assessment & background check. After passing both tests, a face-to-face interview took place between myself, the Branch Manager, and a District Sales Manager who were both extremely friendly. We discussed initiatives, scope of the market, expectations for 2012, and the life of an outside sales representative leaving the mood in high spirits. It seemed a fruitful partnership was definitely coming together until the second interview with the branch manager where about half-way through I was told "Just remember, don't screw with me," which I felt was very unprofessional. Unfortunately this set the tone of who would ultimately be my boss and quickly decided not to pursue anything further with Graybar.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses when negotiating a sales opportunity?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle being rejected?   Answer Question

The pay was low compared to other sales jobs and was not thrilled with the direction of the company after number crunching their 2010 financial statement.

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric (Norcross, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager first. Then a second meeting was set up with the hiring manager's boss. Whole process took about a month. Drug test and background check. I hear they may have added a IQ/Intelligence Test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. Pay scale is very defined.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Graybar Electric in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted 3 weeks after submitting resume. There were five people in the interview and it was apparent not one of them had read the resume. The questions they asked were answered in the resume.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Graybar Electric in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screen then (2) one on one interviews before job offer presented over a 3 month period

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What have you been doing during the extended unemployment period?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No salary grade non-negotiable