Graybar Electric

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Graybar Electric in May 2012.

Process was easy, but I had to chase down the Director to get him to return my calls. Interviewing was easy, and the on boarding was smooth. Hiring process didn't take long either. I was surprised how quickly it went once it started.

Other Interview Reviews for Graybar Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in December 2011.

Upon being contacted by a Graybar HR rep through indeed.com, I was impressed with how fast results were accumulating. It took less than a week and one phone interview to make it to stage 2 which involved a sales assessment & background check. After passing both tests, a face-to-face interview took place between myself, the Branch Manager, and a District Sales Manager who were both extremely friendly. We discussed initiatives, scope of the market, expectations for 2012, and the life of an outside sales representative leaving the mood in high spirits. It seemed a fruitful partnership was definitely coming together until the second interview with the branch manager where about half-way through I was told "Just remember, don't screw with me," which I felt was very unprofessional. Unfortunately this set the tone of who would ultimately be my boss and quickly decided not to pursue anything further with Graybar.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses when negotiating a sales opportunity?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle being rejected?   Answer Question

The pay was low compared to other sales jobs and was not thrilled with the direction of the company after number crunching their 2010 financial statement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in July 2009.

Met with the hiring manager first. Then a second meeting was set up with the hiring manager's boss. Whole process took about a month. Drug test and background check. I hear they may have added a IQ/Intelligence Test.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate. Pay scale is very defined.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Graybar Electric in January 2012.

I was contacted 3 weeks after submitting resume. There were five people in the interview and it was
    apparent not one of them had read the resume. The questions they asked were answered in the resume.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Graybar Electric in January 2010.

Phone screen then (2) one on one interviews before job offer presented over a 3 month period

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What have you been doing during the extended unemployment period?   View Answer
    No salary grade non-negotiable