Great Clips Hair Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Great Clips (Garland, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by the salon manager, who then forwarded my application to the General Manager. She called me the same day and interviewed me. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one positive I can bring to their organization?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Manager from GC called several weeks after I dropped off a resume and she wanted me to come in for an interview and also asked me to bring a model and my clippers and perform a fade on my model. So, it was a little intimidating. I was offered a job.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Great clips has a system ! Even a interview system. I took a personality test abd a technical test . Seven day training . Then a Academy. The interview was about ine hour long. They asked questions about my skills and future work schedule. You will Have to work weekends!

Interview Questions

• Best accomplishment in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Great Clips (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

They are always hiring. Quick interview, then a technical interview; to basically see if you can even hold your sheers. I was hired immediately and promised their flexibility with my need for scheduling specifications.

Interview Questions

• main question for them is whether or not you're immediately available and if you are open to their scheduling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Great Clips (Westminster, CO).

Interview

I was interviewed by a wonderful womsn. She truly explained everything to me. She explained the pay scale , as well as commission. She showed me great examples of product bonuses.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make sure you focus on your customer in the chair with no drstractions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a better wage then I was expecting so I took it

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

The manager was polite and on time. the questions were pretty standard. it took about 15 minutes. I got hired and was promised alot of things that were not true at all. the manager is no longer there. The new manager doesnt really know whats going on. I continue to stay because i get paid wether we are busy or not.

Interview Questions

• trying to explain how to handle a difficult client situation you have dealt with in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Great Clips (Robinson, PA).

Interview

Single interview, 20 minutes tops, much promised and not much delivered. Thought it was a great job the first day. However, my overall experience with Great Clips was not so great. Lots of blame shifting goes on there. No accountability when it comes to the General Manager. If your not in the click it will be hard for you there. The rules are astringent and change often. Lots of undesirable people frequently visit the salon, not to mention the people in the assisted care homes come often and are not well groomed. High production and lots of pressure to produce haircuts of a =passable=quality.Pressure high to sell products to customers. Weekly Rah Rah one- on- one meetings with management to always produce more. I make 8.50 an hour presently, and never received a raise the entire time of my employment with the company. I am truly working at a McDonalds like salon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Great Clips (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

One easy personal interview, then 1 technical interview where you do a haircut. It was super easy, I feel like i could have done poorly, and still gotten hired just because they are desperate for stylist.

Negotiation

they will hire anybody who has a cosmetology license and a pulse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips (Greensboro, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

they want to make sure you're licensed, a team player, customer oriented, can/will adapt to great clips system, flexible, and listens to customer. If you limit your hours in any way or sound unsure of your speed or willingness to change your habits, they will not even consider hiring you.

Interview Questions

• How many haircuts do you feel comfortable doing in an hour?   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time you gave a customer excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • how many times did you call out in the past 3 months?   1 Answer
    • How did you know your last customer left with the haircut they desired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, this was my first job, so they told me what i would be paid and i accepted.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

My first interview was a one on one with the general manager. She was very friendly and definitely made me feel comfortable. After the interview process I took an assessment and signed a paper allowing them to do a background check on me. After that a technical interview was scheduled. When I came to the technical the GM wasn't there so the stylists watched me do the technical. The three haircuts I had to do were a long layered haircut, an inverted bob, and a fade. My haircuts weren't the best but one of the stylists showed me how to correct them and told me I would learn with more practice. I honestly thought I wouldn't get hired but then a few days later I got a call and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• You have to give examples of many different situations for example when you got into an argument with a coworker, when a customer was upset and how you dealt with it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try negotiating, but I wish I would have. After I work for a year I plan to ask for a raise.