Great Clips Hair Stylist Interview Questions

2.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Robinson, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Great Clips.

Single interview, 20 minutes tops, much promised and not much delivered. Thought it was a great job the first day. However, my overall experience with Great Clips was not so great. Lots of blame shifting goes on there. No accountability when it comes to the General Manager. If your not in the click it will be hard for you there. The rules are astringent and change often. Lots of undesirable people frequently visit the salon, not to mention the people in the assisted care homes come often and are not well groomed. High production and lots of pressure to produce haircuts of a =passable=quality.Pressure high to sell products to customers. Weekly Rah Rah one- on- one meetings with management to always produce more. I make 8.50 an hour presently, and never received a raise the entire time of my employment with the company. I am truly working at a McDonalds like salon.

none

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Great Clips.

One easy personal interview, then 1 technical interview where you do a haircut. It was super easy, I feel like i could have done poorly, and still gotten hired just because they are desperate for stylist.

they will hire anybody who has a cosmetology license and a pulse

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Great Clips.

My first interview was a one on one with the general manager. She was very friendly and definitely made me feel comfortable. After the interview process I took an assessment and signed a paper allowing them to do a background check on me. After that a technical interview was scheduled. When I came to the technical the GM wasn't there so the stylists watched me do the technical. The three haircuts I had to do were a long layered haircut, an inverted bob, and a fade. My haircuts weren't the best but one of the stylists showed me how to correct them and told me I would learn with more practice. I honestly thought I wouldn't get hired but then a few days later I got a call and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • You have to give examples of many different situations for example when you got into an argument with a coworker, when a customer was upset and how you dealt with it, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't try negotiating, but I wish I would have. After I work for a year I plan to ask for a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Great Clips in June 2011.

I interviewed with the owner, but he was already familiar with me from visiting competition salon which i was working in

no negotiation.

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Great Clips in December 2011.

Initial interview is the basic interview questions to see if you will fit in company culture. Be prepared to be asked how much you love cuts and perms, and don't mention it if you like doing color. This is not the place for that.
    It is usually one on one, or there will be the assistant manager and the head manager. Do no wear leggings, dress in business casual.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was actually being asked to do a zero fade when I was right out of beauty school and had no clue.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niles, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Great Clips.

I inquired online. The next day I was asked to come in for an interview. There were two interviews. The first was one on one interview with the manager. The second was a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't negotiation. It was a set pay. Above minium wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Great Clips in June 2009.

I came in and asked for the employment form, filled it, brought it back and the manager called me and asked to come for the interview, so I talked to a manager of the salon, she asked basic questions and mostly was describing their rules, next day i have brought a friend to show a men`s hair cut. So I`v got excepted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, the manager was talking to me at the first meeting as I`m going to be working there already. They have high turn over of stylist there, they take mostly anybody.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Great Clips in June 2009.

Racist lady looking down on you but looking at you like .. well maybe you stand a chance. Acting like you are wasting her time , she takes deep breaths and always has people agreeing with her because she cannot be cruel on her own being a coward that thrives on people she needs to make her look better.

Interview Questions
    Just don't let her get the best of you and remember who you are .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Great Clips in January 2010.

I responded to a ad on Craigslist for hairstylist wanted, and was scheduled to meet the manager at a great clips location. Interview lasted about 30 mins and I was asked to cut a managuin. However I wasn't told in advance of needing to do a haircut and had to go home and get my tools. I was asked to do a clipper men's cut, with a finger lenght on top. Then the manager checked the cut and said I left some corners. Who h I thought that was ridiculous, have you ever tried to do a clipper cut on a manaquin head? IT'S NOT PRETTY!!! P.S. I was hired on the spot and was offered $9.00 hr. Which I wasn't happy with considering I have 15 years experience, I thought I would at least make , $10 hr. But like a lot of Americans, we somtimes take what we can get. I was.enticed by the possibility of earning commision on how many haircuts I did, it was impossible I would have to do a haircut every 10mins. I was also excited about getting health ins.but they only pay for the 1/2 of the cost of the employee, the cost for my family was like $800 a month, that was basicly my month salary.

Interview Questions
    There was no flexiability in negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Great Clips in April 2008.

When I started this job, I filled out my application and with in a day or so I received a call back from the company asking me for an interview. The interview was very impersonal and was conducted in the lobby during business hours while customers were coming in and out and very short in length.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions asked during the interview. As long as you are able to cut hair, do it fast and well and willing to work for pennies, you got the job.   Answer Question

Worked for Great Clips? Contribute to the Community!