Great Clips

1.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Great Clips.

I was interviewed by a wonderful womsn. She truly explained everything to me. She explained the pay scale , as well as commission. She showed me great examples of product bonuses.

Interview Questions
  • What can you do to make sure you focus on your customer in the chair with no drstractions?   View Answer
It was a better wage then I was expecting so I took it

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips.

The manager was polite and on time. the questions were pretty standard. it took about 15 minutes. I got hired and was promised alot of things that were not true at all. the manager is no longer there. The new manager doesnt really know whats going on. I continue to stay because i get paid wether we are busy or not.

Interview Questions
    • trying to explain how to handle a difficult client situation you have dealt with in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips.

Single interview, 20 minutes tops, much promised and not much delivered. Thought it was a great job the first day. However, my overall experience with Great Clips was not so great. Lots of blame shifting goes on there. No accountability when it comes to the General Manager. If your not in the click it will be hard for you there. The rules are astringent and change often. Lots of undesirable people frequently visit the salon, not to mention the people in the assisted care homes come often and are not well groomed. High production and lots of pressure to produce haircuts of a =passable=quality.Pressure high to sell products to customers. Weekly Rah Rah one- on- one meetings with management to always produce more. I make 8.50 an hour presently, and never received a raise the entire time of my employment with the company. I am truly working at a McDonalds like salon.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips.

One easy personal interview, then 1 technical interview where you do a haircut. It was super easy, I feel like i could have done poorly, and still gotten hired just because they are desperate for stylist.

they will hire anybody who has a cosmetology license and a pulse

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips.

My first interview was a one on one with the general manager. She was very friendly and definitely made me feel comfortable. After the interview process I took an assessment and signed a paper allowing them to do a background check on me. After that a technical interview was scheduled. When I came to the technical the GM wasn't there so the stylists watched me do the technical. The three haircuts I had to do were a long layered haircut, an inverted bob, and a fade. My haircuts weren't the best but one of the stylists showed me how to correct them and told me I would learn with more practice. I honestly thought I wouldn't get hired but then a few days later I got a call and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • You have to give examples of many different situations for example when you got into an argument with a coworker, when a customer was upset and how you dealt with it, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't try negotiating, but I wish I would have. After I work for a year I plan to ask for a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips.

I inquired online. The next day I was asked to come in for an interview. There were two interviews. The first was one on one interview with the manager. The second was a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't negotiation. It was a set pay. Above minium wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips in March 2012.

mostly just asked what my strengths and weanesses are in the cosmetology field and what i enjoyed doing best.

Interview Questions
    • what is your biggest weakness in cutting hair?   View Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Great Clips in December 2011.

Initial interview is the basic interview questions to see if you will fit in company culture. Be prepared to be asked how much you love cuts and perms, and don't mention it if you like doing color. This is not the place for that.
    It is usually one on one, or there will be the assistant manager and the head manager. Do no wear leggings, dress in business casual.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was actually being asked to do a zero fade when I was right out of beauty school and had no clue.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Great Clips in June 2011.

I interviewed with the owner, but he was already familiar with me from visiting competition salon which i was working in

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips in April 2011.

The hiring process includes two interviews, the first to determine applicant's personality and skills set to see if they have attributes that would add positives to work environment or hinder environment, such as 'drama', which is often inevitable in a salon environment. The second is a technical interview, where you bring your tools in and perform 2 services, one mens haircut and one womens' cut/style.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest downfall or negative attribute?   View Answer
    Starting wages in most salons range from $8-9/hr. In my case, even though i was straight out of school, i negotiated up to $9/hr because i had worked for the same Great Clips salon as receptionist 3 yrs prior at $8/hr and didn't see it fair to start at the same pay as i was receiving without my Cosmetology license.