Great Clips Hair Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Saint John, IN).

Interview

Sat down with the manager and some times with the general manager and just go through a basic interview process, they do have a personality test now to find out your work ethics and such. Most applicants are asked to do a technical interview as well. However it is a very relaxed environment and makes you want to work there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Great Clips

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

I went into the store picked up an application filled it out. I was called in for an interview the next day. We talked for a bit then when on to doing some basic haircuts.Hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Wilmington, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

After putting in an application and asking to talk to the manager, we sat down and spoke about my previous experience, what my goals were, and what my next step would be if I was hired. Afterwards, we discussed a few questions about clients and then discussed when I could start.

Interview Questions

• What is most important when a client walks in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Garland, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed by the salon manager, who then forwarded my application to the General Manager. She called me the same day and interviewed me. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one positive I can bring to their organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great Clips (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Manager from GC called several weeks after I dropped off a resume and she wanted me to come in for an interview and also asked me to bring a model and my clippers and perform a fade on my model. So, it was a little intimidating. I was offered a job.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Great clips has a system ! Even a interview system. I took a personality test abd a technical test . Seven day training . Then a Academy. The interview was about ine hour long. They asked questions about my skills and future work schedule. You will Have to work weekends!

Interview Questions

• Best accomplishment in life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great Clips (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

They are always hiring. Quick interview, then a technical interview; to basically see if you can even hold your sheers. I was hired immediately and promised their flexibility with my need for scheduling specifications.

Interview Questions

• main question for them is whether or not you're immediately available and if you are open to their scheduling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Great Clips (Westminster, CO).

Interview

I was interviewed by a wonderful womsn. She truly explained everything to me. She explained the pay scale , as well as commission. She showed me great examples of product bonuses.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make sure you focus on your customer in the chair with no drstractions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a better wage then I was expecting so I took it

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

The manager was polite and on time. the questions were pretty standard. it took about 15 minutes. I got hired and was promised alot of things that were not true at all. the manager is no longer there. The new manager doesnt really know whats going on. I continue to stay because i get paid wether we are busy or not.

Interview Questions

• trying to explain how to handle a difficult client situation you have dealt with in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great Clips (Robinson, PA).

Interview

Single interview, 20 minutes tops, much promised and not much delivered. Thought it was a great job the first day. However, my overall experience with Great Clips was not so great. Lots of blame shifting goes on there. No accountability when it comes to the General Manager. If your not in the click it will be hard for you there. The rules are astringent and change often. Lots of undesirable people frequently visit the salon, not to mention the people in the assisted care homes come often and are not well groomed. High production and lots of pressure to produce haircuts of a =passable=quality.Pressure high to sell products to customers. Weekly Rah Rah one- on- one meetings with management to always produce more. I make 8.50 an hour presently, and never received a raise the entire time of my employment with the company. I am truly working at a McDonalds like salon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none