Great Clips Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.0

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips (Modesto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Manager from GC called several weeks after I dropped off a resume and she wanted me to come in for an interview and also asked me to bring a model and my clippers and perform a fade on my model. So, it was a little intimidating. I was offered a job.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

Great clips has a system ! Even a interview system. I took a personality test abd a technical test . Seven day training . Then a Academy. The interview was about ine hour long. They asked questions about my skills and future work schedule. You will Have to work weekends!

Interview Questions

• Best accomplishment in life?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

2 interviews one talking and 1 technical. The first interview talked about the company and what was expected. Which included flexible schedule, being efficient while providing quality. Explanation of the 3 day training of the Great Clips system.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hairstylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Great Clips (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Once application is filled out either online or the paper version for some stores, you will generally meet with the franchise owner or owners, possibly the salon manager in the same interview first. (just see if you're what they're looking for) They will discuss it afterwards at some point, and either call you in for a technical or sometimes you can do the technical within that same day or visit. There are certain basic interview questions that are asked, i.e. what do you like about yourself, what could you improve on, and very likely what your "timing" is for various different services. Your timing for their services needs to be within their established guideline of 13-15 minutes for mens, women, and kids haircuts......

Interview Questions

• What would you think your average time is for a haircut?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really able to negotiate hourly rate unless you've work for another great clips before- and with that being said;you have to be okayed to work for another great clips.... Which, in turn, could allow you to negotiate your hourly rate, especially if you've been to their training/" haircut academy"

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Great Clips (Westminster, CO).

Interview

I was interviewed by a wonderful womsn. She truly explained everything to me. She explained the pay scale , as well as commission. She showed me great examples of product bonuses.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make sure you focus on your customer in the chair with no drstractions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a better wage then I was expecting so I took it

Hairstylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Great Clips (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

I was called back quickly for an interview. The interview was highly stressful. I was asked to perform 10 different haircuts..each one was timed and each was checked thoroughly by the area manager. Everybody is nervous during an interview...they try and stress you out.

Interview Questions

• Some of the haircuts they require as technicals are difficult.   Answer Question

Awful area manager with bad attitude.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Great Clips (Rochester, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online. When I went in to interview they had me fill out an application that asked questions like, give three references that are licensed and can attest to your technical ability, what advanced classes have you taken, what are your qualifications, how many years haircutting, clipper cutting, color, perm. They took a copy of my cosmetologist license and asked very intense interview questions for two hours. Explained the incentive process, which is extra money per hour if you can do more haircuts on a per day shift, paid out every pay period, which is two weeks. Everything is tracked through numbers, how fast you do a haircut, percentage products sold, how you greet and end business relationship with customer ( if you do all five required steps). Have to show up fifteen minutes early for your shift or you are considered late showing five minutes before shift starts. Target range they want you do a haircut is about 14.7 minutes. Shampoo is extra four dollars to 14 dollar wet, cut and finger blow dry style. She also told me she makes more money here than she ever did anywhere else. So much money. They want me to bring two people, a long layer haircut and a clipper hair cut. We scheduled a time next week, so they can analyze my skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell product to a customer - how do you know if a customer is happy when they leave   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company - how did you make a bad situation good   1 Answer
    • All the difficult interview questions you read about online - like have you had arguments with coworkers, how have you handled it, what did you do if a customer was unhappy, what is your weakness, how fast can you do a haircut, how do you feel about attending meetings and trainings, what are your longterm goals, why great clips, how do you get the customer to come back, asked three times if I can work a flexible schedule and told me there is no set schedule ever. What services are you good at not good at.   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips.

Interview

The manager was polite and on time. the questions were pretty standard. it took about 15 minutes. I got hired and was promised alot of things that were not true at all. the manager is no longer there. The new manager doesnt really know whats going on. I continue to stay because i get paid wether we are busy or not.

Interview Questions

• trying to explain how to handle a difficult client situation you have dealt with in the past   Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips (Robinson, PA).

Interview

Single interview, 20 minutes tops, much promised and not much delivered. Thought it was a great job the first day. However, my overall experience with Great Clips was not so great. Lots of blame shifting goes on there. No accountability when it comes to the General Manager. If your not in the click it will be hard for you there. The rules are astringent and change often. Lots of undesirable people frequently visit the salon, not to mention the people in the assisted care homes come often and are not well groomed. High production and lots of pressure to produce haircuts of a =passable=quality.Pressure high to sell products to customers. Weekly Rah Rah one- on- one meetings with management to always produce more. I make 8.50 an hour presently, and never received a raise the entire time of my employment with the company. I am truly working at a McDonalds like salon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

One easy personal interview, then 1 technical interview where you do a haircut. It was super easy, I feel like i could have done poorly, and still gotten hired just because they are desperate for stylist.

Negotiation

they will hire anybody who has a cosmetology license and a pulse