Great Clips

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.0

Assistant Manager/Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips.

one interview. I was asked normal interview questions and cosmetology questions. The interview was at a restaurant. very laid back. it was not difficult. later you will have to take a behavior/ personality type test.

Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Great Clips.

I was called for an interview a day or two after I applied online. You can also apply in person.

Upon arriving for my interview, I was asked to fill out another application. Wasn't asked any hard interview questions. Most of the interview was her telling me about the job. She did ask me about previous experience and how fast I can cut hair. (Great Clips haircuts must be between 13 -17mins) My availability had to be completely open (Weekends are a MUST). She told me I would be paid hourly, and informed me about their dress code.

She then asked me if I could come back with a live model so she could watch me cut hair. I brought a female model and I was able to do any haircut I wanted. So I gave her a trim. She also had me demonstrate a clipper cut on a doll head. I was then hired on the spot, I filled out all their paperwork and was sent to Academy for the next 3 days. I was trained on the computer and on dolls head for a week before I went onto the floor.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay was set at $0.50 above minimum wage. They do have a bonus program if you meet their goals. And you can get tips.

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips.

I inquired online. The next day I was asked to come in for an interview. There were two interviews. The first was one on one interview with the manager. The second was a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't negotiation. It was a set pay. Above minium wage.

Hairstylist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Great Clips.

I applied for a position in person on a Sat. and was given an interview the following week. I was asked to wear dress code colors and bring my tools. When I arrived, I did two haircuts and filled out an application. Then I met with the manager, and we talked about policies, salary and related topics. it was very positive, pleasant and professional. I was contacted 2 days later that I had been hired part-time to start with hopes of it turning to full time as the store continues to expand.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions...we mainly discussed what we each needed from one another.   View Answer
    I didn't choose to negotiate because I felt the offer was fair.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips in September 2013.

I called the location and asked to speak to the manager, I then asked the manager if they were hiring and I set up an interview for the next day. I did both my verbal and technical interview the same day.

Stylist Or Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips in July 2013.

Bring resume and haircutting tools with you to interview. You will need your shears & clippers. Ask before hand if a techique part of the interview will be done that day first. Be honest from the get go. Dress in all black you will be safe that way on being judged.

Interview Questions
    • Really none of them are hard but there are quite a few so be prepared. They have a whole outline they can follow which can take up to a hour if they see fit.   View Answer
    Actually very simply. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips.

Interview was interrupted several times by employees asking stupid questions while customers were still waiting. The only questions I was asked was how i felt about training and firing people. The next hour she talked about how "great" the company was.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions since i only got asked two!   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Clips in January 2013.

The interview began with a manager from another location. She seemed focused and friendly. She discussed numbers mostly and the expectations of the owners. I was called back for a second interview with the owners. The owners were not hairdressers and were from India with heavy accents. I was offered the position with a promise of a raise based on a 90 day performance review. I took the position not realizing that the interviewing manager was a micro managing general manager and the owners had no plans on giving me the raise after fulfilling the expectations in 60 days.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or surprises during the interview.   Answer Question

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saline, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saline, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Clips in January 2013.

pass a female and male hair cut on maniquin, then the interview involved reference checks, page by page of company policies, and scheduling details..

no negotiation took place

Hair Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Clips in March 2012.

mostly just asked what my strengths and weanesses are in the cosmetology field and what i enjoyed doing best.

Interview Questions
    • what is your biggest weakness in cutting hair?   View Answer