Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock.

The interview was set up by my recruiter. It was very conversational, no tough/planned out questions. The interviewers were extremely friendly and laid back yet very knowledgeable, someone I would have liked to work for. They described the needs in their department and asked about my qualifications. Main part was matching my experience to their needs and going through my resume.
    Be prepared to ask questions about their business to show you've researched and done your homework.

Interview Questions

I was Out of the country for an extended period of time

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock in January 2010.

Contacted by phone at beginning of month. Phone interview a week later that basically involved a description of the position and a few questions about my resume. One-on-one interview a week later. Mostly walking through my resume. Offer came within a week.

Site Administrator Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Lakes Dredge & Dock in May 2010.

GLDD advertised through my college's career center for this position. The interview was a simple one on one interview with the manager of the SA position. It was almost a non-interview as they did not ask me much, just gauged my interest in the industry and told me about the demands of the position, the lifestyle, the work, etc. It was more of an "are you up for this?" conversation. I foolishly accepted this 100% travel position and left it about 1.5 years after.

No I didn't negotiate.