Great Place To Work Institute

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Place To Work Institute

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Great Place To Work Institute.

I met with two managers of the company and was hired for the summer, it took a few weeks.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Great Place To Work Institute.

I had a more realistic review of the interview but Glassdoor made me change it to meet their biased guidelines, here goes: As a trained Behavior Analyst, I could tell the person I was interviewing with was agitated at the very beginning of the Skype interview. After giving the high level of my background at the interviewer's request, she told me, 10 minutes into the interview, that it appeared I "lacked self-direction." Wow. I have been called a lot of things (over-achiever, go-getter, etc.), but NEVER "lacking self-direction." The interviewer did not have any decent interview questions prepared nor did she have an understanding of what makes a good interview. It was not engaging at all. Re process, they move at a snail's pace.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any good, unexpected or difficult questions. There wasn't even a good conversation.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Great Place To Work Institute in January 2014.

Applied via college recruiting - recruiter reached out and got me in touch with the hiring manager. Conversations went very well. Had a group interview with other team members that went fine too. They were very upfront about the amount of work the job required, all their employees were over capacity and that wasn't going to change for a while.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral. They were looking for cultural fit more than anything else.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

(Total of 4 interviews with Great Place To Work - 2 one-on-one conversations and 2 group interviews)

Contacted by recruiting firm on behalf of Great Place to Work - they took lot of info from me but didn't have good familiarity with the company or role. They portrayed role as "easy."

Initial comms with actual company was with hiring manager (AVP) who was late to call but apologetic. I'd asked about growth objectives, etc. and she sent me their financial statements as a follow-up to our call!!!! This was highly unusual and probably not something she should have done. There's no question I deleted the email with attachments etc but I questioned her maturity after she did that. (Turns out I should have questioned it more than I did!)

Next was group interview in NY office - for which I was asked to prepare presentation that I was unable to finish because EVP interrupted interview process to take the room we were using. Moving rooms interrupted interview for about 10-15 minutes and then we were moved to cramped office where 1 of employees sat on an exercise ball because of lack of chairs (?). Bit odd. But people were very nice, friendly and positive about their work. They scheduled back-to-back interviews with another candidate, who I ran into on my way out. Thought it was in poor form to not allow 30 minutes between end of 1 and start of another to avoid that kind of awkwardness - it's what I've seen done in most other companies. What if I'd known him? What if I was in a confidential interview process and didn't want anyone else to know? It was unprofessional and showed lack of experience in the big leagues.

Next was follow on group interview via video conference with 2 employees who couldn't participate in 1st group interview - again very nice, answered all my questions, very friendly.

Final was one-on-one with hiring manager (AVP), who was again late to the call (she said because she was on the phone with the CEO of a major industrial company - I have no way of knowing if this was true). But she was apologetic (again) and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I didn't find any of the questions difficult or unexpected - in fact, they barely asked me about my past experiences or career objectives. They did a Strengths Finder assessment (quick and easy, interesting results that can be useful to you in general), and they had a 'case study' for which one needs to prepare a presentation (this was the one I wasn't able to finish presenting in the interview because of the interruption).   Answer Question
    All offer discussions were through recruiting firm. Their compensation practices aren't competitive with the broader management consulting marketplace (this was made clear to me upfront) so be prepared for much lower salaries than what you might be expecting.

Systems Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Place To Work Institute in November 2014.

They should not be the one to judge other companies when they themselves are so unprofessional. The Pre-Placement talk sucked. That dude couldn't even speak fluent English. Also, They are very peculiar about marks/percentage/GPA. They mostly hire only toppers.

Interview Questions
    • They had an aptitude test. It consisted of arithmatic as well as logical questions but no options like a,b,c or d. Nothing to Select from, just write the answer. The test was pretty Challenging.   Answer Question