Great Southern Bancorp

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Southern Bancorp

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Great Southern Bancorp.

Slow hiring process, but very friendly recruiters. Expect to wait a month before hire date. Managers are very pleasant. They made the job worthwhile. Tests are simple if you've been in banking. No college necessary. They have low standards for hiring and for that reason people are in and out so quickly. Turnaround is insane.

Interview Questions
    • Training was too quick and we were not thoroughly taught the products, after years in banking, this was the poorest training I ever had.   View Answer
    I thought about not taking it because the pay was too low, but jobs were few to be had at the time.

Loan Servicing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great Southern Bancorp in March 2012.

Long waiting process. I applied for one position and they offered me something totally different.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me where I saw myself in ___ years, classic questions.   Answer Question
    Was unable to negotiate. They offered me the hourly wage, take it or leave it.

Consumer Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Southern Bancorp in June 2010.

Interview went well. I was basically told the job was mine and I had to speak with a General Manger for the region. I was told I would be contacted in a couple of days, if I didn't hear back then I should contact the office. I called several times and was finally told they decided to hire someone from within. Was a little frustrating since they didn't follow through with what they told me they would do.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked a lot of questions. Was asked to detail my experience and then the manager did most of the talking   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Southern Bancorp in October 2009.

I had one interview and it went fine. I researched interview questions online, practiced them and then used the answers in different ways during my interview. Everything went very well and I expect an offer from this company.