Great-West Financial

2.9

Retirement Specialist - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial.

This was for the call center position in Overland Park, KS. The application itself was super short and easy with an upload of my cover letter and resume/cv. Began with phone interview which included an overview of the job. In the phone interview they checked to see if you were interested in moving forward and doing the steps required in the job. It was short and I think I was only asked 2 real interview questions. Tell me about your work experience/customer service experience. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Second step was an in person interview with two managers at the same time. They took turns asking questions and had pages to fill in with notes. Began again with outline and description of job and outline of expectations of training. Questions included: how can you handle toggling between multiple screens, applications, and tabs? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a company. And a customer... Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a policy change that you had no control over. Tell me about your worst job. Tell me about your ideal job. Tell me how you use organization to stay productive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your use of organization in staying productive.   View Answer

Better job offer somewhere else

Retirement Plan Services Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in October 2014.

Telephone interview first with hr ,very personable individual I didn't get selected for first job I applied for but wrote a thank you letter to the hr interviewer asking for his suggestion on other positions he thought I would be suitable for. Applied to recommended position and then received an opportunity to have in person interviewby 3 vp level account managers,very personable nice conversational style interview didn't feel like I was just being bombarded with questions

Interview Questions
    • What personality would I take on a team   View Answer

Account Resolution Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview process was no different than any other place, simple questions about what you would do and how your experiences have shaped you. However, it took about 2 months to actually start the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in June 2014.

Did an initial interview with 2 people. They complained about the ancient systems in place there. Neither seemed to have many current skills. The whole thing was like something out of the 90s. Interviewers seemed more interested in going to get the free BBQ on site that day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my experience with Clipper, an old language I mentioned when I learned on of the interviewers was an ex DOD-Contractor as was I. Talk about irrelevant, I was waiting for the COBOL followup. These people are clueless about modern methodology.   View Answer

Retirement Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2013.

It took just a little over a month from the moment I applied for positions on the company website to getting an offer, which I accepted. The whole process was seamless, transparent, and efficient. Overall a positive and professional experience, and I actually enjoyed all the interviews. I'm looking forward to starting.

Interview Questions
    • I had one phone interview followed by two in-person interviews (two managers each time). All questions were what one would expect for the position, some more challenging than others, a few on the theme of: describe a mistake you made and how you corrected it. The questions are designed to reveal how you would handle yourself and represent the company while doing your job.   View Answer
    It was fine by me. No negotiation necessary, as the pay range was disclosed to me from the very first phone interview - it was at my expectations, and I could have simply declined at that point if it wasn't.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Applied online and after three weeks, I did the phone interview. Then two weeks later I did the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to explain a technical concept in a non-technical way, which ended up to be non-technical   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in August 2013.

3 interviews. First with the HR director and then 2 with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake   View Answer

Retirement Plan Counselor Interview

3 interviews with Manager, Relationship Manager, and National Director. Then offer several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you needed to address an issue with your manager and they wouldn't work with you?   Answer Question

Retirement Specialist Enhanced Participants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2013.

Two interviews. Both wih very standard interviews with interview questions. Two interviewers for both interviews. Drug test uppon hire.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions directed at time when i messed up and how bosses/customers reacted.   View Answer

RFP Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in February 2013.

I applied online. Initially, I was contacted for a phone interview, maybe two. They set me up with some online skills and personality testing. This was followed with a live interview with a panel of three individuals (all having a supervisory capacity for the position). The offer was made on the phone, and I had to complete drug testing before I could be hired.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly straightforward. It's been a while, so I don't really remember. I do recall them asking "You are aware that you are over-qualified for this position?"   Answer Question
    I got a slightly higher salary than I was first offered over the phone, I assume because of my relevant experience, but there was no negotiation.