Great-West Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.7

Retirement Plan Counsleor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Starkville, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward. It did not take long. We talked about the responsibilities of the job and my obligations. The position deals with state agencies and I am currently working for a state agency; so, if I get the job I could be talking with my colleagues. All of my questions were answered and I was very satisfied with the interview.

Compensation Sales Incentive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Instead of the usual phone interview questions that ask you about yourself and why you would like to work for this company, this particular interview was utilized to carefully identify those who had specific skills for the position in question. If you did not answer the question clearly the first time new questions would be asked to draw out the answer they are looking for. General answers do not apply for this company, which is one of the things that made the interview more interesting than other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe an MS Excel formula needed to identify specific lines in your 10,000 line spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Emphasis on how you fit in and work on a team. Lengthy interview. Must pass aptitude tests and customer service writing sample. Tests are deigned to prove capability to obtain series 6 license and manage customer issues. Position requires support and management of specific book of business.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've dealt with an unhappy customer. What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

15 minute interview with HR representative to review your background. After you pass this step you have an hour long interview with hiring manager and her select team. This interview took place on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Retirement Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Andover, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once you apply for the position you will receive an automated email with login information on how to check your candidate status. If your experience is a match you will be contacted via email by a recruiter and asked to schedule a phone interview. If that goes well you will be asked to complete a literacy and math competency test online. Once that is complete and you still seem to be a good match you will be asked to come in for an interview with the hiring managers. Before you interview you will be asked to fill out a background authorization form. It will be 2 managers and you. After that you will wait to hear back from the background check and offered a position if everything else went well and you are a fit

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2015.

Interview

She described the roll as front end customer service. She said there were no sales involved, however the entire customer service aspect is over the phone. They do not like to use the terms call center since they hire people who are qualified enough to get sponsored by them and get FINRA license 6 and 63. There is a 8 week training process, half in the class room and half shadowing. I would not call this a interview, more of an overview of the job. I felt mislead by the website. A typical day looks like 85% on the phone with 60 to 80 calls a day explaining and changing plans. There is incoming calls from all over the nation so there is no chance to build a lasting relationship with clients, which was what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• There is a background check authorization form and a 45 minute test for math skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to face with five managers. Total time was approximately 1 1/2 hours. Discussion was mostly about my previous work. Not any "test" questions such as write a query to do ... As it ended up, the one misleading thing that did occur during the interview was when I asked if they do design and code reviews (especially for a new hire), they answered absolutely. But when the time came for my first design review, they fell short. And there was never a code review. Seems like they were overwhelmed with work and didn't have time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your SQL experience   1 Answer

Retirement Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Andover, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process includes a phone screen with a hiring manager at HQ in Colorado, followed by a 1:1 with 2-3 managers. I felt that the recruiter greatly supported me. At the 1:1 interview, expect to give specific examples from previous work experiences, why you want to work at Great-West, etc. Note; this is a call center position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Great-West?   1 Answer

Retirement Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online (job was listed on indeed and on company website) I was contacted via email by a company recruiter from CO. There was a short phone interview, then a follow up interview, and then I was asked to take 2 online tests - one a multiple choice on customer service, the other similar to a GMAT- or GRE-type multiple choice question (but much easier than those exams). I was also asked to consent to a background check. I was called in for an in-person interview that was pretty light and easy. After my background check came back problem-free, I was offered a job. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Before the offer was extended, I was asked whether the amount would be acceptable and I said that it would be ...

In House Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Great-West Financial (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Placement agency, phone interview, online C test, in person group interview. They asked basic questions about Unix, C and some Java. There was focus on support, as expected. Enjoy yourself as they are measuring your personality and how you seems to get along. They are also interested in your long term interest. They seem to be a great bunch of guys. I use to be a contract programmer, so interviewing was common place for me. Having said that, I did notice they were unusually nervous, as if there was some external pressure being applied to them. Very odd! Otherwise, overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about Unix, C and some Java along with support history.   Answer Question