Great-West Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Retirement Plan Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in February 2015.

The process includes a phone screen with a hiring manager at HQ in Colorado, followed by a 1:1 with 2-3 managers. I felt that the recruiter greatly supported me. At the 1:1 interview, expect to give specific examples from previous work experiences, why you want to work at Great-West, etc. Note; this is a call center position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Great-West?   View Answer

Retirement Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in January 2015.

After applying online (job was listed on indeed and on company website) I was contacted via email by a company recruiter from CO. There was a short phone interview, then a follow up interview, and then I was asked to take 2 online tests - one a multiple choice on customer service, the other similar to a GMAT- or GRE-type multiple choice question (but much easier than those exams).

I was also asked to consent to a background check.

I was called in for an in-person interview that was pretty light and easy. After my background check came back problem-free, I was offered a job. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Before the offer was extended, I was asked whether the amount would be acceptable and I said that it would be ...

In House Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in January 2015.

Placement agency, phone interview, online C test, in person group interview. They asked basic questions about Unix, C and some Java. There was focus on support, as expected. Enjoy yourself as they are measuring your personality and how you seems to get along. They are also interested in your long term interest. They seem to be a great bunch of guys.
    I use to be a contract programmer, so interviewing was common place for me. Having said that, I did notice they were unusually nervous, as if there was some external pressure being applied to them. Very odd! Otherwise, overall good interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about Unix, C and some Java along with support history.   Answer Question

Enhanced Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2014.

Received email from HR rep in Colorado to set up a phone interview. She called a few minutes later than the agreed upon time and seem distracted/rushed throughout the interview. Questions weren't hard (just the basic resume review) and was even asked if I was interested in a call center position I hadn't applied for. Maybe I should have said I was open to be considered for the other job because the next day I received an email saying I wouldn't be moving on to the actual interview stage for the job I had applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Basic review of your resume talk. Gave a description of the job and pay/benefits overview. No hard questions were asked.   Answer Question

Retirement Specialist - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial.

This was for the call center position in Overland Park, KS. The application itself was super short and easy with an upload of my cover letter and resume/cv. Began with phone interview which included an overview of the job. In the phone interview they checked to see if you were interested in moving forward and doing the steps required in the job. It was short and I think I was only asked 2 real interview questions. Tell me about your work experience/customer service experience. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Second step was an in person interview with two managers at the same time. They took turns asking questions and had pages to fill in with notes. Began again with outline and description of job and outline of expectations of training. Questions included: how can you handle toggling between multiple screens, applications, and tabs? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a company. And a customer... Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a policy change that you had no control over. Tell me about your worst job. Tell me about your ideal job. Tell me how you use organization to stay productive.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your use of organization in staying productive.   View Answer

Better job offer somewhere else

Retirement Plan Services Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in October 2014.

Telephone interview first with hr ,very personable individual I didn't get selected for first job I applied for but wrote a thank you letter to the hr interviewer asking for his suggestion on other positions he thought I would be suitable for. Applied to recommended position and then received an opportunity to have in person interviewby 3 vp level account managers,very personable nice conversational style interview didn't feel like I was just being bombarded with questions

Interview Questions
    • What personality would I take on a team   View Answer

Account Resolution Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview process was no different than any other place, simple questions about what you would do and how your experiences have shaped you. However, it took about 2 months to actually start the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in June 2014.

Did an initial interview with 2 people. They complained about the ancient systems in place there. Neither seemed to have many current skills. The whole thing was like something out of the 90s. Interviewers seemed more interested in going to get the free BBQ on site that day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my experience with Clipper, an old language I mentioned when I learned on of the interviewers was an ex DOD-Contractor as was I. Talk about irrelevant, I was waiting for the COBOL followup. These people are clueless about modern methodology.   View Answer

Retirement Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2013.

It took just a little over a month from the moment I applied for positions on the company website to getting an offer, which I accepted. The whole process was seamless, transparent, and efficient. Overall a positive and professional experience, and I actually enjoyed all the interviews. I'm looking forward to starting.

Interview Questions
    • I had one phone interview followed by two in-person interviews (two managers each time). All questions were what one would expect for the position, some more challenging than others, a few on the theme of: describe a mistake you made and how you corrected it. The questions are designed to reveal how you would handle yourself and represent the company while doing your job.   View Answer
    It was fine by me. No negotiation necessary, as the pay range was disclosed to me from the very first phone interview - it was at my expectations, and I could have simply declined at that point if it wasn't.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Applied online and after three weeks, I did the phone interview. Then two weeks later I did the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to explain a technical concept in a non-technical way, which ended up to be non-technical   Answer Question