Great-West Financial

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RFP Response Specialist Interview

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Initially, I was contacted for a phone interview, maybe two. They set me up with some online skills and personality testing. This was followed with a live interview with a panel of three individuals (all having a supervisory capacity for the position). The offer was made on the phone, and I had to complete drug testing before I could be hired.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly straightforward. It's been a while, so I don't really remember. I do recall them asking "You are aware that you are over-qualified for this position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a slightly higher salary than I was first offered over the phone, I assume because of my relevant experience, but there was no negotiation.

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very formal interview process.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Retirement Specialist - Client Services Interview

Retirement Specialist - Client Services
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview and one on one, nothing difficult, just questions about how to handle customers.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Retirement Specialist Interview

Retirement Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2013.

Interview Details – It took just a little over a month from the moment I applied for positions on the company website to getting an offer, which I accepted. The whole process was seamless, transparent, and efficient. Overall a positive and professional experience, and I actually enjoyed all the interviews. I'm looking forward to starting.

Interview Question – I had one phone interview followed by two in-person interviews (two managers each time). All questions were what one would expect for the position, some more challenging than others, a few on the theme of: describe a mistake you made and how you corrected it. The questions are designed to reveal how you would handle yourself and represent the company while doing your job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fine by me. No negotiation necessary, as the pay range was disclosed to me from the very first phone interview - it was at my expectations, and I could have simply declined at that point if it wasn't.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview Details – Applied online and after three weeks, I did the phone interview. Then two weeks later I did the on-site interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to explain a technical concept in a non-technical way, which ended up to be non-technical   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in August 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. First with the HR director and then 2 with the Regional Director.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you made a mistake   View Answer

Retirement Plan Counselor Interview

Interviewed at Great-West Financial

Interview Details – 3 interviews with Manager, Relationship Manager, and National Director. Then offer several weeks later.

Interview Question – What would you do if you needed to address an issue with your manager and they wouldn't work with you?   Answer Question

Retirement Specialist Enhanced Participants Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Both wih very standard interviews with interview questions. Two interviewers for both interviews. Drug test uppon hire.

Interview Question – They asked many questions directed at time when i messed up and how bosses/customers reacted.   View Answer

Implementation Analyst Interview

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview Details – You will need to apply on the GW website. HR will then conduct a phone interview and then if you make the next round, you will be called in for an in person interview.

Negotiation Details – They have very difficult budgets to meet so, you get what you get.

Plan Services Interview

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at Great-West Financial in April 2010.

Interview Details – They were basic questions. Why do want to work in the area? Why do you think you would be good for the job? Tell me about your background. What have you done in the past that you were proud of? What would you different? Where do you want be in few years? How do Handel stress?

Interview Question – Tell me about a mistake you have mad on the job and what did you to resolve it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Great-West Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Great-West Financial interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Great-West Financial employees and interview candidates.