Great-West Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in June 2014.

Did an initial interview with 2 people. They complained about the ancient systems in place there. Neither seemed to have many current skills. The whole thing was like something out of the 90s. Interviewers seemed more interested in going to get the free BBQ on site that day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my experience with Clipper, an old language I mentioned when I learned on of the interviewers was an ex DOD-Contractor as was I. Talk about irrelevant, I was waiting for the COBOL followup. These people are clueless about modern methodology.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Great-West Financial in August 2010.

The hiring process was better than most places. The HR team knows what they are doing that they are following up. I was assigned to on HR rep and dealt with him the whole time

Interview Questions
    Great-West was great during the negotiation phase. They were reasonable and were quick to get back to me. I did not feel pressured. I am pretty happy with the negotiation phase.

Account Resolution Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Interview process was no different than any other place, simple questions about what you would do and how your experiences have shaped you. However, it took about 2 months to actually start the position.

RFP Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in February 2013.

I applied online. Initially, I was contacted for a phone interview, maybe two. They set me up with some online skills and personality testing. This was followed with a live interview with a panel of three individuals (all having a supervisory capacity for the position). The offer was made on the phone, and I had to complete drug testing before I could be hired.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly straightforward. It's been a while, so I don't really remember. I do recall them asking "You are aware that you are over-qualified for this position?"   Answer Question
    I got a slightly higher salary than I was first offered over the phone, I assume because of my relevant experience, but there was no negotiation.

Senior Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in January 2011.

Very formal interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Very straight forward.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Retirement Specialist - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2010.

phone interview and one on one, nothing difficult, just questions about how to handle customers.

no negotiation

Retirement Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in December 2013.

It took just a little over a month from the moment I applied for positions on the company website to getting an offer, which I accepted. The whole process was seamless, transparent, and efficient. Overall a positive and professional experience, and I actually enjoyed all the interviews. I'm looking forward to starting.

Interview Questions
    • I had one phone interview followed by two in-person interviews (two managers each time). All questions were what one would expect for the position, some more challenging than others, a few on the theme of: describe a mistake you made and how you corrected it. The questions are designed to reveal how you would handle yourself and represent the company while doing your job.   Answer Question
    It was fine by me. No negotiation necessary, as the pay range was disclosed to me from the very first phone interview - it was at my expectations, and I could have simply declined at that point if it wasn't.

Actuarial Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Great-West Financial.

Applied online and after three weeks, I did the phone interview. Then two weeks later I did the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to explain a technical concept in a non-technical way, which ended up to be non-technical   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Great-West Financial in August 2013.

3 interviews. First with the HR director and then 2 with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake   View Answer

Retirement Plan Counselor Interview

3 interviews with Manager, Relationship Manager, and National Director. Then offer several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you needed to address an issue with your manager and they wouldn't work with you?   Answer Question

Worked for Great-West Financial? Contribute to the Community!