Great Western Bancorp

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Great Western Bancorp

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in April 2012.

1st interview was with the branch manager. Pretty basic questions. Mostly related to banking experience, coaching, sales experience, and personality. 2nd interview was with the same branch manager AND another branch manager. Most questions were about job history, previous sales performance, and "What If" situations.

Interview Questions
    • Any of the "what if" or "what would you do" questions   Answer Question
    • How would you motivate our tellers to sell?   View Answer
    Told them the offer was too low in the 2nd interview for the duties I'd be required to perform. My counter offer was not only accepted, but exceeded. Great Western Bank managers WILL LOW BALL you everytime. Act professional and remember it is apart of the business. If you ask politely and give solid reasoning as to why you need to be paid more, you should recieve a phone call within a few days saying your counter-offer was approved.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in September 2011.

Initial communications were clear and concise. Good directions to the location. Interview questions were appropriate and thought out. I was interviewed by two people. They knew exactly who and what they were looking for and asked the right questions. They were able to answer questions that I had as well. They seemed to be very smart people and carried a sense of direction about them. I could tell that if I was hired, I would be in the right place.

I didn't negotiate as I was pretty happy with the initial offer regarding pay and assigned time to work.

Business Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in November 2010.

Head hunted

Offered 10% more than I earned at previous employer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milbank, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milbank, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in April 2010.

Hiring interview processs is as dysfunctional as the organization its self. It is start with phone interview, pretty staight forward, then a Face toFace interview. which results being moved to a mid level management. Be prepared to wait, management never makes quick decisions

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in October 2008.

You first got through the process of a typing test and a Intelligence test which are pretty easy then you do a 1 on 1 with the manager hiring who picks a few candidates, then you are sent to there manager (the bosses boss) and they interview you which then in turn that person tells the manager who the best pick is and thats the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever done a team project that you felt proud of? when and why? explain.   Answer Question

Banking Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Western Bancorp in February 2010.

Very direct and to the point.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.