Great Western Bancorporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Great Western Bancorporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Head hunted

Negotiation Details – Offered 10% more than I earned at previous employer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Milbank, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Great Western Bancorporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring interview processs is as dysfunctional as the organization its self. It is start with phone interview, pretty staight forward, then a Face toFace interview. which results being moved to a mid level management. Be prepared to wait, management never makes quick decisions

Interview Question – They don't throw many curve balls.   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Lead Teller
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Great Western Bancorporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview was with the branch manager. Pretty basic questions. Mostly related to banking experience, coaching, sales experience, and personality. 2nd interview was with the same branch manager AND another branch manager. Most questions were about job history, previous sales performance, and "What If" situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Told them the offer was too low in the 2nd interview for the duties I'd be required to perform. My counter offer was not only accepted, but exceeded. Great Western Bank managers WILL LOW BALL you everytime. Act professional and remember it is apart of the business. If you ask politely and give solid reasoning as to why you need to be paid more, you should recieve a phone call within a few days saying your counter-offer was approved.

Teller Interview

Teller
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Great Western Bancorporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – You first got through the process of a typing test and a Intelligence test which are pretty easy then you do a 1 on 1 with the manager hiring who picks a few candidates, then you are sent to there manager (the bosses boss) and they interview you which then in turn that person tells the manager who the best pick is and thats the whole process.

Interview Question – have you ever done a team project that you felt proud of? when and why? explain.   Answer Question

Banking Interview

Banking

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Great Western Bancorporation in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very direct and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate.

Worked for Great Western Bancorporation? Contribute to the Community!