Great Wolf Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

1.8

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Interview

Went in with a group of about 20 people. We were divided into groups of 3 and were interviewed by the pool manager (really easy, just smile and don't say anything stupid). After that if they didn't like you they pulled you to the side and told you that you didn't get the job. Next the people who were left were interviewed by a HR person, and the same thing happened. Out of 20 people that came in for an interview only 5 were offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$8 is the starting wage but after 30 days you get $8.75

Starbucks Barista Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Interview

Went to a job fair last minute to interview for barista position. Did not need to submit a formal application. Went in, sat with a manager, was asked the basic questions (What are your strengths? What is a situation that was difficult that you had to solve?"), and was offered a job on the spot. In all, the process probably took 10 minutes to complete. Drug testing is required for the job. This was done off-site.

Interview Questions

• All questions were incredibly easy. Think of what you might be asked in a typical interview, and they will probably ask it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Was offered minimum wage at the time.

Public Area Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts (Concord, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I applied, did some calling up. exchanged emails and got an interview. I got interviewed twice to see if I wanted to do another position.. A few days later I got a call and got offered the job.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in November 2014.

Interview

It took a while for them to call me and set up a date when they could interview me in person, then when it came to the manager to interview me he forgot that he had someone to interview so I had to be interviewed again by the human resources representative

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Interview

I applied online and was notified within the month from an HR manager. He called me and held a brief phone conversation before inviting me to interview with him on property. I spoke with the HR manager first and he signed off on his positive hiring decision. Next, I was passed along to meet the Director of Guest Services. The last step was meeting with a Manager of Guest Services who asked a few questions and explained the hourly wage. Once everyone approved, the Director returned and offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Interview

Had to report to human resources building, waited my turn as they interview multiple people on the same day. Interviewed for different housekeeping position, and was passed on to another sub-department within housekeeping for second interview. Be prepared to immediately take drug test after interview, I had not planned on it and had to cancel an interview at another place so I could go to the nearest place to do my drug test.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right person for the job? What previous experience helps you for this position?   1 Answer

Arcade Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts (Scotrun, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took about 1 week. You apply online and they will give you a call. First you do a 1:1 interview with an HR assistant that asks you about your qualifications and past experience. After that you proceed to interview with the head of the department, which would be the director of retail and she asks you even more questions on the same topic. Overall, easy interview, they give almost anyone a job there and are flexible with school and other priorities in scheduling.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about great wolf lodge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Ambassador of Fun Interview

Interview

I was made aware of an open call audition for the position and went a read a children's story, taught the judges how to howl, performed a talent, and performed improv. It was a lot of fun, especially if you have an affinity to theatre. I was given confirmation that I would be hearing back from them within the week, and I came back in to fill paperwork out. I then had an orientation day called Wolfology, which was a very nice session which broke down the company values and expectations. I met my bosses in my department and then was trained in what I had to accomplish in my position.

Interview Questions

• Will you hold my child for a picture?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Interview

I applied online when i was called to schedule an interview maybe a week or two later. We scheduled it for a Monday at 2pm. I chose to wear something professional, business like. I dressed in a nice top with a cardigan over it. Black slacks (dress pants) and flat shoes.
      When I went in i told a woman at the desk why I was there and asked if she could direct me to where I would be interviewed. I met with the HR manager in her office. She was extremely friendly and seemed to know how to do her job even though she had only started four months prior.
      The questions were fairly easy and the process was professional and comfortable at the same time. She asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about my experience in retail. When we were finished she asked me to stick around for a second interview with her superior, who makes all hiring decisions. While we waited for my second interviewer we talked. Like I said she was very friendly and loved to talk with me. We talked about good places to go out to eat, etc.
      When the manager came in to get me, we began talking all the way up until we made it to a restaurant where she interviewed me. (They were having shut down) I got a good vibe from her which made me feel very relaxed. She asked behavioral questions as well as experience. She was very professional as well.
      When she finished all of her questions she told me that she felt comfortable moving forward. She said I would be a great fit for Great Wolf. I accepted the part time retail associate position. She asked me what I wanted for pay. I told her I wasn't greedy and that I would take anything with accountable previous retail experience. When i accepted what she offered we began paperwork right away. Mainly just a bunch of signatures.
      Once all of that was said and done she told me to take a drug test at a clinic down the road. We shook hands and I left for the urine test. When I got there I had to wait maybe five minutes in the waiting room. It had been no more than ten minutes since the interview when i received a call from them. She called to offer me something full time! I of course accepted with terms that I had to pass the test. (Which I will) She said that they were impressed with me and would like me to take on a position that I had not applied for.
      Note: I am currently waiting to hear back from Great Wolf following that I passed the drug test. Therefore I do not know which full time position I will partake in, or what the wages will be.
      My advice is to just be overall yourself. Don't apply for a position or place you won't enjoy and don't fake an attitude. If you are a talkative, friendly being you will have a chance. They like outgoing candidates that have a passion.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions.
      Questions included:
      "Why do you want to work for Great Wolf?"
      "Tell me about your experience."
      "How would you deal with a difficult guest?"
      "What is your availability?"
      "How would you explain a dependable associate?"
      "Describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement. What was the outcome? -How did you overcome it?"
      "Tell me about yourself"
      "Why should we consider you amongst all other applicants?"
      "How is your cash handling skills?"

Answer Question

Negotiation

There is room to negotiate. There is no harm in trying.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

I completed a phone and in-person interview. The people I interviewed with were quite professional and had a good handle on the type of person they were looking for. This seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult project you worked on (and why) ....these are always tough to answer.   Answer Question