Great Wolf Resorts

1.9

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in March 2012.

I received a call to be interviewed by HR. They asked basic questions like why do you want to work with us., how many call offs do you believe are expectable etc. The same day I interviewed with the manager and go the job. They are always hiring lifeguards so it wasn't too difficult.

None

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

I applied online and was notified within the month from an HR manager. He called me and held a brief phone conversation before inviting me to interview with him on property. I spoke with the HR manager first and he signed off on his positive hiring decision. Next, I was passed along to meet the Director of Guest Services. The last step was meeting with a Manager of Guest Services who asked a few questions and explained the hourly wage. Once everyone approved, the Director returned and offered me the position on the spot.

Lifeguard Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in December 2010.

The interview starts by talking to the HR representative. If the applicant passes through HR the interview is brought to a member of the department applied for. The interviewer will ask about values and work ethics right off the bat.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if the guest argues with the rules of the water park after you tell him?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in September 2010.

Submitted resume, scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    yes, inquired about the salaries at the existing resorts and locations.

Housekeeping-Public Area Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Had to report to human resources building, waited my turn as they interview multiple people on the same day. Interviewed for different housekeeping position, and was passed on to another sub-department within housekeeping for second interview. Be prepared to immediately take drug test after interview, I had not planned on it and had to cancel an interview at another place so I could go to the nearest place to do my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right person for the job? What previous experience helps you for this position?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scotrun, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in May 2010.

I came in to inquire about openings and they put me on the interview schedule that same day. I interviewed less than an hour later. I met with a manager in a large room where several interviews were occurring at the same time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked typical questions regarding my previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, it was an hourly wage for part-time temporary employment

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scotrun, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in November 2009.

Quick questions people who are serious about what there looking for tough as nails and to the point of what they expect speaking Spanish is a bonus since 90% people are Spanish speaking people

Interview Questions
    • Are you looking for great opportunity ?   View Answer

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in May 2013.

I met with an Employee Relations manager who went over different scenarios and examples and asked for what I would do in various situations. Then the Food and Beverage director met with me and just asked me a little about my availability. Within a half hour of arriving, I was offered a job. However, being a student, they were confused by my availability and didn't put me on the schedule for almost 2 months until I finally had to go in and have a second meeting simply about my availability.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was unhappy with the quality of the product (food in this case), what would you do and how would you resolve this situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past customer service experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was given an hourly wadge and told I could accept it or not take the job.

Ambassador of Fun Interview

I was made aware of an open call audition for the position and went a read a children's story, taught the judges how to howl, performed a talent, and performed improv. It was a lot of fun, especially if you have an affinity to theatre. I was given confirmation that I would be hearing back from them within the week, and I came back in to fill paperwork out. I then had an orientation day called Wolfology, which was a very nice session which broke down the company values and expectations. I met my bosses in my department and then was trained in what I had to accomplish in my position.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in September 2013.

I completed a phone and in-person interview. The people I interviewed with were quite professional and had a good handle on the type of person they were looking for. This seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult project you worked on (and why) ....these are always tough to answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Great Wolf Resorts? Contribute to the Community!