Great Wolf Resorts

www.corp.greatwolfresorts.com

Great Wolf Resorts Interview Questions

1.9

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

I applied online and was notified within the month from an HR manager. He called me and held a brief phone conversation before inviting me to interview with him on property. I spoke with the HR manager first and he signed off on his positive hiring decision. Next, I was passed along to meet the Director of Guest Services. The last step was meeting with a Manager of Guest Services who asked a few questions and explained the hourly wage. Once everyone approved, the Director returned and offered me the position on the spot.

Housekeeping-Public Area Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Had to report to human resources building, waited my turn as they interview multiple people on the same day. Interviewed for different housekeeping position, and was passed on to another sub-department within housekeeping for second interview. Be prepared to immediately take drug test after interview, I had not planned on it and had to cancel an interview at another place so I could go to the nearest place to do my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the right person for the job? What previous experience helps you for this position?   View Answer

Ambassador of Fun Interview

I was made aware of an open call audition for the position and went a read a children's story, taught the judges how to howl, performed a talent, and performed improv. It was a lot of fun, especially if you have an affinity to theatre. I was given confirmation that I would be hearing back from them within the week, and I came back in to fill paperwork out. I then had an orientation day called Wolfology, which was a very nice session which broke down the company values and expectations. I met my bosses in my department and then was trained in what I had to accomplish in my position.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

I applied online when i was called to schedule an interview maybe a week or two later. We scheduled it for a Monday at 2pm. I chose to wear something professional, business like. I dressed in a nice top with a cardigan over it. Black slacks (dress pants) and flat shoes.
      When I went in i told a woman at the desk why I was there and asked if she could direct me to where I would be interviewed. I met with the HR manager in her office. She was extremely friendly and seemed to know how to do her job even though she had only started four months prior.
      The questions were fairly easy and the process was professional and comfortable at the same time. She asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about my experience in retail. When we were finished she asked me to stick around for a second interview with her superior, who makes all hiring decisions. While we waited for my second interviewer we talked. Like I said she was very friendly and loved to talk with me. We talked about good places to go out to eat, etc.
      When the manager came in to get me, we began talking all the way up until we made it to a restaurant where she interviewed me. (They were having shut down) I got a good vibe from her which made me feel very relaxed. She asked behavioral questions as well as experience. She was very professional as well.
      When she finished all of her questions she told me that she felt comfortable moving forward. She said I would be a great fit for Great Wolf. I accepted the part time retail associate position. She asked me what I wanted for pay. I told her I wasn't greedy and that I would take anything with accountable previous retail experience. When i accepted what she offered we began paperwork right away. Mainly just a bunch of signatures.
      Once all of that was said and done she told me to take a drug test at a clinic down the road. We shook hands and I left for the urine test. When I got there I had to wait maybe five minutes in the waiting room. It had been no more than ten minutes since the interview when i received a call from them. She called to offer me something full time! I of course accepted with terms that I had to pass the test. (Which I will) She said that they were impressed with me and would like me to take on a position that I had not applied for.
      Note: I am currently waiting to hear back from Great Wolf following that I passed the drug test. Therefore I do not know which full time position I will partake in, or what the wages will be.
      My advice is to just be overall yourself. Don't apply for a position or place you won't enjoy and don't fake an attitude. If you are a talkative, friendly being you will have a chance. They like outgoing candidates that have a passion.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions.
      Questions included:
      "Why do you want to work for Great Wolf?"
      "Tell me about your experience."
      "How would you deal with a difficult guest?"
      "What is your availability?"
      "How would you explain a dependable associate?"
      "Describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement. What was the outcome? -How did you overcome it?"
      "Tell me about yourself"
      "Why should we consider you amongst all other applicants?"
      "How is your cash handling skills?"

Answer Question
    There is room to negotiate. There is no harm in trying.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in September 2013.

I completed a phone and in-person interview. The people I interviewed with were quite professional and had a good handle on the type of person they were looking for. This seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult project you worked on (and why) ....these are always tough to answer.   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in May 2013.

I met with an Employee Relations manager who went over different scenarios and examples and asked for what I would do in various situations. Then the Food and Beverage director met with me and just asked me a little about my availability. Within a half hour of arriving, I was offered a job. However, being a student, they were confused by my availability and didn't put me on the schedule for almost 2 months until I finally had to go in and have a second meeting simply about my availability.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was unhappy with the quality of the product (food in this case), what would you do and how would you resolve this situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past customer service experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was given an hourly wadge and told I could accept it or not take the job.

Inside Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in March 2013.

2 interviews in a row. Drug testing required after.

Interview Questions
    • Whats it like for you working in group projects?
      Describe an experience you've done outstanding work

Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scotrun, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

I first met with a HR rep. once I passed his interview, I was immediately interviewed by two members of guest services. They contacted me later that day and had me come back two days later for another interview with a different member of guest services. The questions were mostly why do you want to work here, what is your personal n professional history, what is a time that you feel you went above and beyond in customer service

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with difficult customers? tell me about a time you handled a difficult person/situation. tell me about a time u went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

The pay was too low- $8.50 to start

Sales Associate/Cashier/Giftshop Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Great Wolf Resorts.

Very simple, and not as intimidating as most interviews are. Initial interview was fairly straightforward. All questions asked were typical cliche interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, just received going rate for all cashiers/sales associates

Arcade Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Great Wolf Resorts in April 2012.

This interview process was extremely straight-forward. I just filled out a paper application (I think they did away with that, just online apps now) and then they called me back a week later for a face to face with the HR supervisor. I went in and she asked me about my previous experience with Busch Gardens and she related because she used to work there as well. A bunch of standard HR questions regarding availability and salary expectations. Got hired on the spot after an interview with the Arcade Manager. I also had to submit to a drug test but that's pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with a low paying job like this.