GreatCall

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.5

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GreatCall in November 2014.

Applied online at their website. Set up a phone interview next day. A 30 minute interview with HR. They will forward the interview to the hiring manager. Seem they need a supervisor in December,

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Basic Interview, almost anyone could get hired at this place, even people who use drugs. very basic interview, with simple questions, not hard at all. Like I said before anyone can get hired at greatcall.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GreatCall in April 2014.

I received a notification about the job on Glassdoor.com and applied directly with the company. The next day I got an email from the internal recruiter, Karen L., to have a phone interview. The interview with the recruiter was straight-forward. No difficult questions. She just wanted to get a better idea of what my current position entailed and why I was seeking employment elsewhere. Within minutes after the interview Karen sent me a LinkedIn connection invite. In the following days I noticed the manager of the data analytics team also reviewed my LinkedIn profile. However, 10 days after my phone interview I was told they would be reviewing other candidates. I think I made too much money. The top of the pay scale for the position was $70,000 and I informed Karen I was already making more than that but I would continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • None. Know about the company a little bit before the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GreatCall in January 2014.

Applied online. Was contacted by HR via email 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview.

Phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Questions included; why are you interested in this job, what do you know about the company, describe a time you gave excellent customer service.

I was brought in for a panel interview 2 days later. The panel interview was conducted by 4 people from their leadership team, and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Yet another company that wants your interview responses in the STAR (Situation. Task. Action. Result.) format. Be as specific and detailed as possible covering each part of the STAR previously mentioned. Hardest question I encountered was "How do you build rapport with your team" and "Describe a time you worked on a project and encountered a road block."   Answer Question

This company didn't just turn me down for the job I applied for, they offered me a "consolation position" as a regular Tech Support rep. But that's not all, the position would be "temp to hire" and would require I reapply through a temp agency. I would spend 60 days as a temp and if "things worked out" I would be hired on as a regular employee. There were no plans to develop me after being hired on, and the pay for the "consolation position" was less than what I had been making doing the same job at another company. Overall the gesture was insulting. On the other hand, simply telling me they were going to "pursue other candidates" wouldn't have been insulting at all as that kind of thing "happens," so to speak.

It is also very telling that they held a panel interview for the position with not two or three members of leadership, but four. Talk about a waste of resources. I wouldn't recommend anyone apply based purely on my interview experience at this place. Its no wonder they STILL have the SAME two positions open 3 months after I applied. You would think that they would be able to promote someone from within into this position, especially after all this time. The lack of internal promotion to fill this position suggests poor career development options within the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GreatCall in September 2013.

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was informal and my first. Phone interviews are fine, but difficult to leave a good first impression.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to described a situation with a difficult person or upset customer.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at GreatCall.

Through a temp agency

Interview Questions
    • They want to know you have sales experience and know the objection cycle.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. The pay is $14.00/hr plus commission

Customer Service Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GreatCall in January 2012.

STAR interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember specifics. STAR format where you describe a time when you . . .   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave it.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GreatCall in June 2011.

Applied through a staffing agency and was contacted about a month later. The lady at the agency was awesome at preparing me for the interview. She sent my resume to the director and a phone interview was scheduled. Passed the phone interview the days later did a panel interview with three managers. Interview was average with scenario based questions. Started their training class 3 weeks later.

None

Marketing Communication Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GreatCall in May 2011.

Quick interview process, roughly 2-3 rounds of interviews. Typically panel interviews with pre-determined behavioral-based questions. Candidates typically dance around the question and don't narrow in on the objectives and results. Rather focus too much on the situation and tactics.

Interview Questions
    • - What qualities did you dislike in a previous manager and you can't say they didn't have any?
      - What company culture do you thrive in the most and least?

Answer Question

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at GreatCall in October 2010.

The interview process was quick and efficient. I had one phone interview (about 45 mins) with the hiring manager that went well. I went in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 45 mins. The questions were very technical and focused on email marketing, social media and affiliate partnerships.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to start the email marketing program?   Answer Question