GreatCall

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GreatCall

Interview Details – Basic Interview, almost anyone could get hired at this place, even people who use drugs. very basic interview, with simple questions, not hard at all. Like I said before anyone can get hired at greatcall.

Interview Question – Basic   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GreatCall in April 2014.

Interview Details – I received a notification about the job on Glassdoor.com and applied directly with the company. The next day I got an email from the internal recruiter, Karen L., to have a phone interview. The interview with the recruiter was straight-forward. No difficult questions. She just wanted to get a better idea of what my current position entailed and why I was seeking employment elsewhere. Within minutes after the interview Karen sent me a LinkedIn connection invite. In the following days I noticed the manager of the data analytics team also reviewed my LinkedIn profile. However, 10 days after my phone interview I was told they would be reviewing other candidates. I think I made too much money. The top of the pay scale for the position was $70,000 and I informed Karen I was already making more than that but I would continue with the interview process.

Interview Question – None. Know about the company a little bit before the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Representative Interview

Senior Technical Support Representative
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GreatCall in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted by HR via email 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview.

Phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Questions included; why are you interested in this job, what do you know about the company, describe a time you gave excellent customer service.

I was brought in for a panel interview 2 days later. The panel interview was conducted by 4 people from their leadership team, and lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Yet another company that wants your interview responses in the STAR (Situation. Task. Action. Result.) format. Be as specific and detailed as possible covering each part of the STAR previously mentioned. Hardest question I encountered was "How do you build rapport with your team" and "Describe a time you worked on a project and encountered a road block."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This company didn't just turn me down for the job I applied for, they offered me a "consolation position" as a regular Tech Support rep. But that's not all, the position would be "temp to hire" and would require I reapply through a temp agency. I would spend 60 days as a temp and if "things worked out" I would be hired on as a regular employee. There were no plans to develop me after being hired on, and the pay for the "consolation position" was less than what I had been making doing the same job at another company. Overall the gesture was insulting. On the other hand, simply telling me they were going to "pursue other candidates" wouldn't have been insulting at all as that kind of thing "happens," so to speak.

It is also very telling that they held a panel interview for the position with not two or three members of leadership, but four. Talk about a waste of resources. I wouldn't recommend anyone apply based purely on my interview experience at this place. Its no wonder they STILL have the SAME two positions open 3 months after I applied. You would think that they would be able to promote someone from within into this position, especially after all this time. The lack of internal promotion to fill this position suggests poor career development options within the company.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Direct Sales Agent
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GreatCall in August 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very easy interview. If you have a heart rate they will hire you

Interview Question – Easy- they are desperate to hire   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GreatCall in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was informal and my first. Phone interviews are fine, but difficult to leave a good first impression.

Interview Question – Asked to described a situation with a difficult person or upset customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Senior Interview

Customer Service Senior
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GreatCall in January 2012.

Interview Details – STAR interview process.

Interview Question – Do not remember specifics. STAR format where you describe a time when you . . .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it.

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at GreatCall in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then a in person interview with the company.

Interview Question – Easy process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negoiable

Direct Sales Agent Interview

Direct Sales Agent
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GreatCall.

Interview Details – Through a temp agency

Interview Question – They want to know you have sales experience and know the objection cycle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. The pay is $14.00/hr plus commission

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GreatCall in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through a staffing agency and was contacted about a month later. The lady at the agency was awesome at preparing me for the interview. She sent my resume to the director and a phone interview was scheduled. Passed the phone interview the days later did a panel interview with three managers. Interview was average with scenario based questions. Started their training class 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Online Marketing Manager
San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at GreatCall in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and efficient. I had one phone interview (about 45 mins) with the hiring manager that went well. I went in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 45 mins. The questions were very technical and focused on email marketing, social media and affiliate partnerships.

Interview Question – What would you do to start the email marketing program?   Answer Question

Worked for GreatCall? Contribute to the Community!