Greatbatch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Interview

Production
Buffalo, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Greatbatch in January 2010.

Interview Details – informative, pleasant, fair, overall a good experience. Talk alot about safety, multitasks, learning processes,being able to work ,with small part. attendance being very important. also benefits,and 41k. What kind of job, I would be doing. the work week mon -fri, weekends off. Two shut down a year, christmas and Fourth of july, most holidays off.

Interview Question – blueprint reading   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Modelshop Toolmaker Interview

Modelshop Toolmaker
Clarence, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Greatbatch.

Interview Details – I was hired through a forced company buyout, as Greatbatch did with multiple companies. There was no "interview" per say. They took me into the model shop, and some co-"workers" immediately didn`t waste any time in trying to make me look not capable, or qualified and prevented methods that job shops use to save/make money. After these few realized I had different, sometimes better, sometimes not, ideas that were not in their "apprenticeship" books, Some, not all acted in concert to make me look bad, thus keeping my base pay at the minimum, and raises for 6 years, adding up to less than a new hire after 6 years. A 2nd year HR person has no power over a 30 year supervisor. I blame myself for not putting them in their place, and/or not quitting before I did. Thin skin peels away fast at Greatbatch. Hopefully all operations will move to Texas sooner than later, and I will revel in these few "model makers" trying to do my new job. They will fail. But, I am not like them, and I will help them. 100% unlike what some did to myself.

Interview Question – Can you organize your tools, AND have this job done tonight? (asked and answered)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Whatever offered, ask for more. You will get it.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Clarence, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Greatbatch in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed interview process with various steps. Quick follow up at every stage.

Interview Question – Desire to move company in different direction from a business standpoint   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was required

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Clarence, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Greatbatch in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process was simple, had to meet with 5 different people, and had a small tour around the company. However, this company is HUGE on presentation. In fact, they were so bent about it that it was difficult to determine if they cared about what you knew as opposed to how you looked. You have to dress extremely sharp in order for them to at least consider you. On my interview, it was extremely hot outside, and I didn't have blazer to wear since I sweat too easily. However, that wasn't to their standards (which is what I heard from my recruiter). One of them kept looking at my outfit during the interview, it seemed odd that he kept laughing to himself (I found it incredibly rude - not sure if it was because of my wardrobe or because of my weight). I wore black pants, a tie, and traditional white buttoned shirt. Another thing to mention is that, although the building was beautiful, the atmosphere seemed icy and impersonal. The interviewees gave an icy glare when talking to them. I asked them questions like: "how much of your code is legacy" and each interviewee gave completely different answers not even in the same ballpark. Then they completely misunderstood my goals and directives at I wanted to do at the company, which gave me red alerts that there would be communication problems working there. Afterwards I just lost interest.

Interview Question – What made you decide to leave your current position?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Greatbatch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greatbatch interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Greatbatch employees and interview candidates.