Greatbatch Interview Questions & Reviews

3.8

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Greatbatch in January 2010.

informative, pleasant, fair, overall a good experience. Talk alot about safety, multitasks, learning processes,being able to work ,with small part. attendance being very important. also benefits,and 41k. What kind of job, I would be doing. the work week mon -fri, weekends off. Two shut down a year, christmas and Fourth of july, most holidays off.

Modelshop Toolmaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarence, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarence, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greatbatch.

I was hired through a forced company buyout, as Greatbatch did with multiple companies. There was no "interview" per say. They took me into the model shop, and some co-"workers" immediately didn`t waste any time in trying to make me look not capable, or qualified and prevented methods that job shops use to save/make money. After these few realized I had different, sometimes better, sometimes not, ideas that were not in their "apprenticeship" books, Some, not all acted in concert to make me look bad, thus keeping my base pay at the minimum, and raises for 6 years, adding up to less than a new hire after 6 years. A 2nd year HR person has no power over a 30 year supervisor. I blame myself for not putting them in their place, and/or not quitting before I did. Thin skin peels away fast at Greatbatch. Hopefully all operations will move to Texas sooner than later, and I will revel in these few "model makers" trying to do my new job. They will fail. But, I am not like them, and I will help them. 100% unlike what some did to myself.

Interview Questions
    • Can you organize your tools, AND have this job done tonight? (asked and answered)   View Answer
    Whatever offered, ask for more. You will get it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarence, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarence, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greatbatch in May 2010.

Very detailed interview process with various steps. Quick follow up at every stage.

Interview Questions
    • Desire to move company in different direction from a business standpoint   View Answer
    No negotiation was required

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clarence, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Clarence, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Greatbatch in June 2012.

The process was simple, had to meet with 5 different people, and had a small tour around the company. However, this company is HUGE on presentation. In fact, they were so bent about it that it was difficult to determine if they cared about what you knew as opposed to how you looked. You have to dress extremely sharp in order for them to at least consider you. On my interview, it was extremely hot outside, and I didn't have blazer to wear since I sweat too easily. However, that wasn't to their standards (which is what I heard from my recruiter). One of them kept looking at my outfit during the interview, it seemed odd that he kept laughing to himself (I found it incredibly rude - not sure if it was because of my wardrobe or because of my weight). I wore black pants, a tie, and traditional white buttoned shirt. Another thing to mention is that, although the building was beautiful, the atmosphere seemed icy and impersonal. The interviewees gave an icy glare when talking to them. I asked them questions like: "how much of your code is legacy" and each interviewee gave completely different answers not even in the same ballpark. Then they completely misunderstood my goals and directives at I wanted to do at the company, which gave me red alerts that there would be communication problems working there. Afterwards I just lost interest.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide to leave your current position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Greatbatch

Worked for Greatbatch? Contribute to the Community!