Green Dot

Interview Details – Please list your strenghts

Interview Question – Please list your weaknesses   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Green Dot in April 2013.

Interview Details – I worked through an external recruiter who has a direct relationship with the hiring manager. There seemed to be some tension between external and internal recruiters. I went through a phone screen with the hiring manager, then a phone interview with a technical resource, then had 3 on-site interviews in one sitting. All were concise and professional. The big concern I ended up having was work life balance. Everyone acknowledged that they had a problem with heavy demands and long hours, but there didn't really seem to be a plan to address it or an end in sight.

Interview Question – What would you do if competing priorities and scarce resources meant that a top priority could not be done when a customer is demanding it?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Procurement Manager Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Green Dot in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview by the pit bull. Relentlessly pursued my pay even though I signed an NDA. She would not ask anything else until she knew dates and salaries of all my previous positions. I was scheduled for a 2nd interview and completed that with the department head. He was much more normal! As for the first interview: Worst interview ever!

Interview Question – We will know how much you made before we hang up!   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Green Dot in March 2013.

Interview Details – five months after i applied for the position, a recruiter gave me a call. she asked if i was still interested and briefly stated that this position is only temp from 3-6mon. she also asked about my previous employment during the initial interview. the recruiter then advised she will be in contact if a manager agrees to see me in person. got a call back within a week later and was asked to come in to the office in pasadena, ca. the recruiter took me to a room and briefly interview me about my experience for this position. the recruiter then left the room and a manager came in to have another separate interview. he didn't seem prepared to me because he had to read my resume before he started to ask questions. during the interview, the manager would excuse himself to answer emails several times on his phone. he advised that they are only looking to hire two people for this position because it's an experiment they're working on to see if they could establish a call center here in pasadena, ca. he said to not expect much from this because it might not last. after hearing that i was very discouraged. the recruiter was very professional, she called me back a week later to inform that i was not chosen.

Interview Question – nothing else was unexpected or difficult except for that lame question "tell me what are your weaknesses" . other questions include: where there any challenges you faced with your last employment? did you have to meet any quota or timeline from your previous job?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Pasadena, CA

I interviewed at Green Dot in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied and had a telephone interview (w/ HR) for one job. Weeks later, they brought me in for a round of in person interviews. The facility was nice and the process was timely. Never heard back from them.

Interview Question – I was brought in to interview for a position that I did not apply for. Caught completely off.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Monrovia, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Green Dot in May 2010.

Interview Details – it was tougher than most companies. multiple interviews rounds.

Interview Question – been too long   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy. If they like you they will pay good

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Green Dot in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had 5 interveiws - phone, managers manager, potential teammates, HR, then manager again.
I did like the potential boss and his manager, as well as two other members of the team. They did give me little sql statements to write, saying that often people are unable to do that, though they have it in the resume. ..

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – There are two reasons why I did not accept the job:
1. Company seemed a bit disorganized and lacking direction. They are trying to change so many things at the same time that staff appears disoriented.
2. HR is highly unprofessional. On the first interview with HR I waited for the HR person for 15 min., then, since the receptionist had no clue, started asking around. Someone said that he saw HR lady I was supposed to meet eating at her desk. 5 min. later someone else arrived from HR, who obviously had no clue what my background is and what position I am interviewing for. She actually said 'oh perhaps in the future you want to become senior systems analyst'. I had another interview in 10 min., so we had to wrap up quickly.
Then another HR person called to test the waters about my willingness to accept the offer. The way he presented the offer was strange, like he was expected me to bargain with him right there on the phone. He sounded extremely unprofessional, I even asked later if he is new at his position, and he wasn't. May be because they do credit check before presenting the final offer and often candidates don't pass the check. I had no issue with the credit, but decided this company's culture is not something I will be accustomed to easily and decided not to take the offer. Then I found that big portion of people in Green dot are from Indymac Bank, which didn't have a good reputation either in that sense.

Product Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Green Dot.

Interview Details – Process started with a phone screening from HR. Once I got through the phone screening I was asked to come in for an afternoon of one on one interviews with three different product VPs and another HR interview. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and the shortest one lasted 45 minutes, so the whole day was off. I received a call a couple days later informing me that they wanted to bring me back in for another round and they would contact me when they were ready for round two. Two weeks went by so I called to see when the next round was going to start which was scheduled about 4 days later. Round two started with a panel discussion with the same VPs I had talked with previously then two one on one interviews with 2 Senior VPs, the GM and finally a lunch interview with team members who reported to the VPs. Again, all went well and I was told by HR that they would be in contact once they got more feedback from the team. Two weeks went by when I finally heard back from HR and they wanted to schedule another phone interview, which was basic resume follow up stuff. Another two weeks went by and I was called in for another one on one with a GM. Again, HR came back with positive feedback and they would be in contact. I started talking with the hiring manager and the HR contact about week later but no offer could be made because upper management could move forward with any hiring decisions, I really didn't know why at the time. I did learn after another three weeks that the company had gone into a hiring freeze with no vision to when it would end.

Interview Question – Mostly resume review with a hint of personality screening. For the most part the interviews are not to hard and nothing tricky to deal with.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Green Dot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Green Dot interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Green Dot employees and interview candidates.