Green Dot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Green Dot in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had 5 interveiws - phone, managers manager, potential teammates, HR, then manager again.
I did like the potential boss and his manager, as well as two other members of the team. They did give me little sql statements to write, saying that often people are unable to do that, though they have it in the resume. ..

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – There are two reasons why I did not accept the job:
1. Company seemed a bit disorganized and lacking direction. They are trying to change so many things at the same time that staff appears disoriented.
2. HR is highly unprofessional. On the first interview with HR I waited for the HR person for 15 min., then, since the receptionist had no clue, started asking around. Someone said that he saw HR lady I was supposed to meet eating at her desk. 5 min. later someone else arrived from HR, who obviously had no clue what my background is and what position I am interviewing for. She actually said 'oh perhaps in the future you want to become senior systems analyst'. I had another interview in 10 min., so we had to wrap up quickly.
Then another HR person called to test the waters about my willingness to accept the offer. The way he presented the offer was strange, like he was expected me to bargain with him right there on the phone. He sounded extremely unprofessional, I even asked later if he is new at his position, and he wasn't. May be because they do credit check before presenting the final offer and often candidates don't pass the check. I had no issue with the credit, but decided this company's culture is not something I will be accustomed to easily and decided not to take the offer. Then I found that big portion of people in Green dot are from Indymac Bank, which didn't have a good reputation either in that sense.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Green Dot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Green Dot Senior Business Systems Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Green Dot employees and interview candidates.