Green Key Resources Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed with three ladies in the temporary staffing department - and all asked me what exactly I was looking for, what industries I was drawn to, what my skills and experience were, and was asked to test - which I passed with top scores. Within a couple of weeks I was working at a good company and stayed there a while.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - they really try to to place you in a place you'll stay a while. I was adamant about no super short assignments - wanted something that would be temp to perm, or perm eventually.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Green Key Resources in March 2014.

Awful company! I needed a job after college and like everyone else, applied to as many as possible. I got a call from them to come in for an interview, but when I arrived they were so unprofessional, unorganized and asked stupid questions like are you money hungry. Needless to say, if I'm only working on commission I wouldn't pursue this job. Avoid at all costs!

Not worth it.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Had 2 phone screens before being asked to come into the office for an in person inteview. Overall, a pretty standard interview process. The staff was very friendly and the owner walked in a spoke to me for a moment. Make sure to have some questions prepared for the end.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in sales? Do you consider yourself an aggressive person? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Green Key Resources.

The interview itself was extremely long, almost 3 hours. They take you to meet with other department heads or managers, while telling you all of the same information. After that they tell you they will follow up with you. I don't know if this was just my scenario but I sent two thank you notes (to the two interviewing me) and after a couple of weeks of not hearing back, a followup email. It took them three months to finally respond with to my emails with a mere response of, "we're still looking, are you still interested?"

I'm not a business etiquette expert, but I thought it was extremely rude that after so much time and many emails, that was the only response I got.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Key Resources.

After reviewing my resume, I had a brief interview the following day to assess my skills

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was pretty straight forward, really.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Key Resources in June 2012.

I started off with one of their internal recruiters then met with one of the partners of the company. I felt as if the interview went very well. The interview ran very smoothly as I developed a solid connection with both interviewers. In my follow up email I had added a question that i had forgot to ask in the interview. No response. I call the following week. We speak briefly and he leads me to believe that they will make a decision and let me know shortly. Didn't hear back. I send another email and yet again no response.

Human Resources, Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Key Resources in March 2012.

Applied through Linkedin late at night and was called immediately the next morning. I was interviewed over the phone by a very young girl who gasped when I mentioned my salary, even though I am at the executive level and have several advanced degrees.

After our conversation, she sent me a document outlining what they expected from me (two forms of ID, dress professionally, be on time, consider this a professional interview, pardon our appearance because of construction.)

I showed up 10 minutes early to a building that literally looked like it was in the middle of a demolition inside and outside. I had to step over holes in the lobby floors and walk past steel beams around the elevators. I arrived in the very small, messy and unprofessional reception office that looked like it came from the set of the movie "Office Space". I used the restroom and came back and was still early.

The receptionist had my name wrong three times. She called me everything except my actual name, even when I said and she repeated it. (ME: "My name is Rachel". Receptionist: "Ok, Shelia, I'll let your recruiter know you are here again": This went on four times). My appointment was at 2:00pm, I originally checked in with the receptionist at 1:50pm. At 2:15 I let the receptionist know I had another appointment and was wondering when my "recruiter " would be coming out. I watched others come in and get greeted immediately while I sat there waiting.

For the record, I called the "assistant" at 11:30am that day to make sure the appointment was still scheduled at 2:00pm and that the PDF file resume was acceptable. She said "yes" to both and startled at why I would confirm.

My interviewer finally came to get me. We walked over slippery floor coverings used in construction, through clouds of construction dust, past more construction debris and walls that were ripped open. As soon as we turned the corner it opened into a giant boiler room that held at least 100 young kids at computer banks and on the phones. The noise level was insane and the chaos was unbelievable. The environment was extremely unprofessional and no one except for me followed the "dress professionally" request they sent in the document the day before, including my "professional recruiter".

We went to a vacant room with a filthy table and artwork on the floor and she asked for my resume. I said her "assistant" from the day before said a PDF was all right rather than a printed copy for the interview, which I promptly sent the day before. She had to leave to go find it and I cleaned the table with the alcohol wipes I had in my bag because it was so gross. The interview finally started around 2:25pm. She rushed me through the conversation. Asked me if I would be willing to take temp-to-perm. I yes that's fine in order to leave my options open. She offered so many options of possible connections that I assumed she felt she wold be able to find something in the near future, even if it was temporary.

I followed up with an email later that day thanked her for her time. NO REPLY

I called the following week to see if any positions may have come up that I would be interested in. NO REPLY.

I sent another friendly email 4 days later to touch base and to thank her again for her time. NO REPLY

I called and left a professional voice mail message asking if she would be able to let me know if my qualifications may or may not be an area they specialize in so I have an idea of whats going on. Still friendly and polite. NO REPLY!!!

It was just a royal waste of time to be honest and the lack of professionalism doesn't seem like they are very good recruiters. Their bar for credentials and professionalism seems to be set very low which may be all right for young kids just starting out who just need part time jobs while in college, but not for mid-to senior level professionals.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have your resume?   View Answer
    • So what brought you in here today?   View Answer
    • What kind of job are you looking for?   View Answer
    • Are you open to temp-to-perm?   View Answer
    • Note to readers: Every question was taken from an HR handbook for people new to HR. There were NO original questions. She had no idea what to ask me about my actual experience, nor did she ask about any job functions from past positions. A project manager for property development is not the same as an entry level administrative assistant   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Key Resources in January 2012.

Interview with owners and hiring manager. Conversational and informational. No trick questions and very professional.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Green Key Resources in January 2012.

I interviewed with several different people in different depatments.

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Green Key Resources in January 2010.

Meet with 1 or 2 people from each group about 5-10 people.

Interview Questions
    Don't take it. They make you feel like they are doing you a favor but they don't