Green Mountain Energy

2.4

Sales/Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Green Mountain Energy in September 2013.

In Philadelphia at 4Resources Center

Interview Questions
    It went pretty well, because just about aspect of the companies expectation was meet and what we were providing. Pollution free Energy thru a energy supplyer and/or distributor

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in June 2013.

Answered an add on Craigslist. Delightful interview, they need to sell you more than you need to sell them since the job is so horrible.

Interview Questions
    None. They have a set commission rate. No base pay and no benefits. The only way I could recommend this job would be to a college student in a large metropolitan area who has no need of immediate income and has the patients to argue over every commission.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy.

Contacted by recruiter right before Christmas. Interviewed the week after. Met with 3 members of management. Very conversational and informal. Relaxed atmosphere is consistent with the work environment as long as you are reliable and do your job well. Got follow up call a week later with offer.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall anything like that, it was much more about getting to know you as an individual than a formal interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations commission only

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in October 2012.

I'm an energy professional who recently relocated to Austin.

After submitting my resume and cover letter via the website, I was contacted within two weeks by an HR rep. via e-mail. They set up an initial phone screening, which they failed to call at the agreed upon time. After the second interview was setup and completed a few days later, the rep passed me onto the hiring manager.

The hiring manager spoke with me via telephone at first. We had a very pleasant conversation, which led to an invitation to an in-person interview with a few people including the manager. The interviews were not difficult, everyone was very polite and asked some good questions.

I thought there would be one final interview before an offer-I was incorrect. HR contacted me with a request to complete a lengthy written assessment to compare against the final candidates. The rep told me that I would be invited back to the final interview with the marketing division's VP if I completed the assessment within their expectations.

After submitting the requested evaluation, I was called within two days to invite me to the supposed interview with the marketing division's VP as well as with two other managers.

Initially, one of the hiring managers interviewed me at the requested time. They seemed a bit confused as to the whereabouts of their colleague, who was supposed to interview me at the same time. We completed the inteview and I was told to wait for the VP, who would be a few minutes late due to a meeting that was running over.

After 45 minutes of waiting in a conference room with no updates, I was told that the VP could not make it and was walked out by a HR rep. The rep. apologetically told me that they were very sorry and would call to reschedule. It never happened.

After following up multiple times, I was finally contacted with a formal rejection letter a few weeks later with no real reason as to what happened.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your favorite campaign.

How would you approach a new product that we would offer? What would be the first step you would take?
        View Answer

Internet Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in December 2011.

Wow, get ready for a giant waste of your time, energy, and PTO hours. 10+ weeks, 6 interviews with 6 people (interviewed twice by two people), and a constant battle to get in touch with HR.

Marketing personnel openly bash the Sales department for being ignorant, Sales personnel show complete lack of (1) knowledge and (2) expertise when it comes to managing a marketing position, and HR has no clue of how to manage the hiring process. Initially the HR person in charge of setting up interviews described elements of the wrong position, flaked on multiple phone interviews, and let this process take over 10 weeks and 6 interviews to come to a decision.

Also Green Mountain Energy is owned by NRG Energy, who owns Reliant Energy, and is one of the largest coal-fueled electricity providers in the country. This is a textbook case of Greenwashing and further shows the lack of integrity by Upper Management. I burned more than 12 total PTO hours making times for often redundant and amateurish interviewers who had no idea of what the job entailed.

Make sure you REALLY hate your current job before spending much time here.

Field Sales Coordinator for D2D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in July 2010.

This was by far the most poorly planned and executed interview I have been part of. It was branded as an informal interview during lunch. I had to initiate the discussion about the position and found myself in the awkward position of managing the interview as the interviewee. I found that there was a general lack of knowledge about the company by the interviewers. Overall, this company came across as very amateur and unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • What were my job responsibilities at my previous place of employment?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in July 2010.

Very easy and laid back. Previous sales experience a big plus, with desire to help the environment. Interview determined over the phone. There is only one interview, and during the process you must prove that you can sell their product with laminates they give you. Another person in management may or may not walk in to hear you as well. Be prepared to act professional and have questions about the product and approaches. This will help you to succeed. Once given the opportunity to advance to training, accept the offer and arrive on time. The office atmosphere is very laid back, however, business casual attire is required. They are all hard workers; your attitude should reflect the same.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any retail or sales experience (in or out of the energy market)?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach different people in a sales setting?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. If you can sell commission only style, this job is for you. The sky is the limit.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Mountain Energy in May 2009.

Phone interview followed by 2:1 interview with two managers. Laid back atmosphere, easy overall. Want to know if you are a generally capable human being and have decent computer skills. Must know basic Excel like sorting and filtering, ctrl+F, ctrl+D. Nothing difficult. Business casual M-Th with casual friday, so dress better than that.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficulty you had with management and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question