Green Plains Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Green Plains

Good Question Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Green Plains.

Interview

Phone screen~ Let me start this by saying they use your oldest resume in the system not the most current to conduct your interview. If you applied for more than position make sure you clarify which position you are interviewing for because they don't.

On site interview~ I was 5 minutes early to my interview and was sent to the conference room (where someone was charging there iphone) to meet with two interviewers a EVP and Analyst. Waiting in the conference room having the HR rep come in and out of the room to explain the reasoning for the wait.15 mins later, EVP walks in from apparently impromptu highly important meeting to sit down, tell me a little bit about the company. I give my background and experiences( during which point the EVP, asks if that's my phone charging). Apparently my resume is to difficult for him to understand and then asks me what position I was applying for again.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Green Plains in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on Indeed - contacted with lengthy phone interview though the phone interview was mostly him telling me about the job. The company paid my expenses to travel there for an in-person interview a few weeks later and I spent an hour or more touring the plant, talking with the facility. Very few questions asked of me - mostly them telling about the plant.

Interview Questions

Plant in a very remote location.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Green Plains.

Interview

I had three interviews in one day. People in HR department showed the whole company to me. All people I talked to were professional and friendly. They were trying to find out whether you fit in this position. The best way to win them is showing the true side of you. It was an good experience.