Green Tree Servicing

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in February 2014.

I sent my resume in for one senior accountant position, but received a phone call from their HR department asking if I might be interested in a different senior accountant position. I said yes, and was told that they would contact me later about setting up an interview. Two weeks after that, there was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer said that they would then be inviting candidates in for face-to-face interviews, but not until month-end close was complete, in about 15 days. A week later, and I haven't heard anything so far, so maybe they aren't interested. Or maybe Green Tree is just moving very slowly with regard to the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you handle missing a deadline?"   View Answer

Correspondence Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in February 2013.

I found the job listing on a work advertising website. I submitted a resume and cover letter as the ad requested, and I was contacted within a week via email, in which the HR person requested a phone interview. A time was set up for a few days later, and the interview took approximately 20 minutes. Within a few days, I was asked to come for a face-to-face interview and typing test.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions regarding my past employer's policies on handling errors, absences, tardiness, etc, which I did not know how to answer well since my past employer was a much less formal place to work.   Answer Question

Mortgage Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in October 2012.

The hiring and interview process was very simple and straight forward. They didn't try to use any trick questions or mislead me in any way. Probably the most straight forward interview that I have ever had.

They only had one base pay amount with a great bonus structure

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Green Tree Servicing in July 2012.

I was recommended by a current employee and called by an recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview the same day.

One phone interview question I remembered was:
    What is your experience as an underwriter?

After the questions, the recruiter set me up for a 2nd in person interview and was suppose to email me information, but apparently the recruiter was out of the office, so I never go the directions and had to call HR to get directions and confirm my interview was on.

In person interview questions;
    1. What would your current/previous boss say about you?
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. What do you believe are areas you can work on?
    4. Why did you leave your former employers?
    5. What makes you a good fit for this position?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, I just never can think of anything I can improve upon and that of course is one of their questions.   Answer Question

Default Services/Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in October 2011.

after submitting resume, if you qualify you will reciew call for initial interview. Then they will schedule interview, you will interview with 3-5 people for a few hours if they like you you willget offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is very difficult, they ask alot of questions so you would expect they hire top performers, they will hire someone with no experience if you are cute enough. when interviewing with HR be professions when interviewing with sups/managers ..flirt   Answer Question
    there is none, they offer 32k and that is it.. say there is potential for 1500.00 a month in bonus but make it difficult to achieve

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in July 2011.

I submitted my resume and received an email from a Green Tree Recruiter saying that she would like to set up a phone interview. I emailed back several times I was available and did not hear from her for another week.

I sent a follow up email stating available times again. She responded and we spoke that same day.

Two days later I received a 'not a match' form letter.

My feeling was they had forgotten the original offer to interview and when asked, did a courtesy phone interview and followed it up with a form letter. Unprofessional and unorganized.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in March 2011.

Contacted by phone to sched interview. Arrived for interview, completed HR interview followed by upper management interview. About an hour later I took a test that evaluated my customer service skills, took another hour, and finally went on the floor to shadow an employee

Interview Questions
    • Whar research have u preformed for this interview   View Answer
    Not alot of negotiating available, the job was take it or leave it.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in March 2010.

lots of STAR questions. Need a lot of financial experience to get in.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in March 2010.

Overall the interview itself was easy. The only thing that was frustrating is how long it took and how many times I had to go in. The first time I went in I interviewed with HR and then a manager at that time I was told I would hear something back the next day after not hearing anything back I called to check with HR they told me I was at the top of the list and had to come back for another interview. I received a phone call from HR every week for the next 3 weeks following up. Then the 3rd week HR called and said they had no positions left and would keep me on file. 3 days later I received another phone call saying a lot happened over the weekend and they now had positions open they scheduled me for an interview with a Director and the next day I received an email saying the position had been filled. This company seems to be very unorganized with a high turn over im not so sure after that interview process that I would want to accept a position with them..

Interview Questions
    • How is your bonus structure set up in your current postion?   View Answer

Collector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing in January 2009.

there is way too many interviews. 3 to be precise, 2 in person and one with an HR lady who has zero personality.

Interview Questions
    • all questions asked are hard to answer   View Answer
    drawn out