Green Tree Servicing Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.8

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The HR rep was very helpful and was very knowledgable about the position I was appying for. Usually they can only answer general question and department specific question are rerouted to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Communications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round of interviews was with four people but I met with each person individually, they included the hiring manager, the HR person, and two others within the team. The second round was with the hiring manager and the HR person. It was a comfortable process. The first interview was scheduled about three weeks after I submitted an online application.

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited about this position and company?   Answer Question

The company has had a lot of negative public and employee reviews.

Spoc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing.

Interview

First interview will be with HR on the phone...standard stuff. Next will be with a sup, then with a director. Stress adheherence to policy, attendance, and team mentality and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that weren't standard, " how would you handle..." type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate...I heard from others that you can negotiate depending on experience.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing.

Interview

The interviewer would ask questions and while I was answering them he would just sit there and play with his smart phone. I was introduced to them through a recruiter.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume in for one senior accountant position, but received a phone call from their HR department asking if I might be interested in a different senior accountant position. I said yes, and was told that they would contact me later about setting up an interview. Two weeks after that, there was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer said that they would then be inviting candidates in for face-to-face interviews, but not until month-end close was complete, in about 15 days. A week later, and I haven't heard anything so far, so maybe they aren't interested. Or maybe Green Tree is just moving very slowly with regard to the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• "How do you handle missing a deadline?"   1 Answer

Correspondence Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Rapid City, SD) in February 2013.

Interview

I found the job listing on a work advertising website. I submitted a resume and cover letter as the ad requested, and I was contacted within a week via email, in which the HR person requested a phone interview. A time was set up for a few days later, and the interview took approximately 20 minutes. Within a few days, I was asked to come for a face-to-face interview and typing test.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions regarding my past employer's policies on handling errors, absences, tardiness, etc, which I did not know how to answer well since my past employer was a much less formal place to work.   Answer Question

Mortgage Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very simple and straight forward. They didn't try to use any trick questions or mislead me in any way. Probably the most straight forward interview that I have ever had.

Negotiation

They only had one base pay amount with a great bonus structure

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Tempe, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

I was recommended by a current employee and called by an recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview the same day.

One phone interview question I remembered was:
    What is your experience as an underwriter?

After the questions, the recruiter set me up for a 2nd in person interview and was suppose to email me information, but apparently the recruiter was out of the office, so I never go the directions and had to call HR to get directions and confirm my interview was on.

In person interview questions;
    1. What would your current/previous boss say about you?
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. What do you believe are areas you can work on?
    4. Why did you leave your former employers?
    5. What makes you a good fit for this position?

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, I just never can think of anything I can improve upon and that of course is one of their questions.   Answer Question

Default Services/Loss Mitigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Tempe, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

after submitting resume, if you qualify you will reciew call for initial interview. Then they will schedule interview, you will interview with 3-5 people for a few hours if they like you you willget offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview is very difficult, they ask alot of questions so you would expect they hire top performers, they will hire someone with no experience if you are cute enough. when interviewing with HR be professions when interviewing with sups/managers ..flirt   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is none, they offer 32k and that is it.. say there is potential for 1500.00 a month in bonus but make it difficult to achieve

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Green Tree Servicing (Tempe, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received an email from a Green Tree Recruiter saying that she would like to set up a phone interview. I emailed back several times I was available and did not hear from her for another week.

I sent a follow up email stating available times again. She responded and we spoke that same day.

Two days later I received a 'not a match' form letter.

My feeling was they had forgotten the original offer to interview and when asked, did a courtesy phone interview and followed it up with a form letter. Unprofessional and unorganized.