Greenberg Traurig Interview Questions

2.6

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in February 2015.

The interview process was quick and not as stressful as it can be in many other firms. I received a phone call from one of the individuals I would be working with closely in the position. We discussed my current position and why I was looking for another opportunity. At the end of the interview they stated I would be set up to meet with the partner I would be working with while he was in town.

They were very accommodating with choosing a time for the interview. The in person interview included the person to whom I spoke to on the phone and the partner I'd be working with. They were both personable and relaxed during the interview. They did not make me feel as if I needed to sell myself as more than I was, as is the case in many interviews. Several items from my resume were discussed as well as concerns they had. I was welcomed to voice any concerns and ask as many questions as I wanted. Overall it was the best interview I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • What can we do to keep you, since you have not been at your current employer for more than 1 year?   View Answer

Law Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig.

After submitting application, I was contacted by Human Resources to answer some questions regarding the application. I recieved a call back later that day, and we set up an interview for the following week. Interviewed with both HR and then the lead attorney for my department seperately. Received a job offer at the end of that same week. It took two weeks for background check to clear, so start date was set two weeks after offer acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • Name your two favorite and two least favorite things about your last job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. HR was very helpful in answering any and all questions.

Senior Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Greenberg Traurig.

The process went quite well compared to other large law firms. I found it fair, smooth, and productively challenging; the productivity came from the type and content of questions, which told me more about the firm than any other source.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to move yourself and family from Los Angeles and the success you'd had there?   View Answer
    They gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Business Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in October 2014.

I sent my information to a representative of GT, and she contacted me to inform me that the Immigration group was interested in an interview. So, I went to the interview. They had me meet with HR, several group attorneys, and two group paralegals. The interview was not difficult, and I thought I did a good job explaining how my very pertinent education and experience would transfer into me performing well in the job at issue. It has been nearly a month since the interview, and I have heard absolutely nothing. I have sent the representative two emails now asking for some type of response. Nothing. I know I am not supposed to rant on Glassdoor, and I won't. I would just like to elucidate my experience with this law firm as we as several others.
    I am encountering more and more unprofessional conduct from law firms. I have had interviews scheduled out for two weeks then canceled, because the firm found someone already. I have interviewed, had my references bothered to give me great recommendations, then was told that they did not have the work to hire anyone, but I would be the first to call if they did. My time is valuable too, please quit wasting it. Now GT thinks they don't even have to dignify my very reasonable and expected request for information on the interview with a response. I don't know if it is that these law firms are just that arrogant, disrespectful, or inept, but in any case it is unacceptable. I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that there is a glut of qualified legal professionals, and law firms are somewhat scared to
    care about their interviewees, because they are just struggling to keep their jobs. They may be afraid that technology is quickly replacing the need for lawyers at an alarming pace, and that the mere response to an interviewee gives them a great sense of insecurity. They may fear that they will actually have to pay people for their knowledge when the people there are already quivering over the fates of their own jobs. Whatever the case, it is unaccrptable and unprofessional. I'm happy to say I am getting out of the legal profession and have accepted a job with UPS.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in April 2010.

Not much involved here...I had a good resume and they were looking for someone will to do grunt work. I was able to secure the postion and have been scanning for a couple weeks now. Nothing special, but I enjoy decent pay and will have a lot to bs on my resume. Good Stuff....

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in October 2007.

Very nice interview asked me about my legal skills.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig.

I was referred and went in and talked to the managing partner and HR. Everyone was very nice, but HR seemed overwhelmed and kind of slow, which was pretty nerve wrecking at times.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't feel like there was one for that position.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in September 2010.

I went through a recruiter. First had an interview with HR. I returned and interviewed with three attorneys separately. Each asked questions relative to their practice. Very relaxed atmosphere. No tricky questions or streamline interview questions like "what are your strengths" or "what are your weaknesses". It was more they described what their expectations were for the position and asked if it was similar to what I was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any surprise or difficult questions.   View Answer
    I accepted with no negotiation.

Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in July 2010.

Interviewed with several attorneys over the course of a day. Be prepared for difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • What advice would you give to a client in X situation?   Answer Question

Law Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig in July 2010.

The interviewing process was pretty routine by the standards of today's trying employment marketplace. I thought I had the right experience and skill sets but they did not seem interested in my previous work which was not exactly what they were looking for and we both sensed that it was not a good "fit."

I assumed they have many applicants for each open position so they can be choosy if they want to be. This is a growing firm and I expect someone who has experience that more closely matches what they are looking for would be successful. I think seeming eager to be up to the challenge of the position is also a big plus for this firm.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that make you competitive for the position?   Answer Question