Greenberg Traurig Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.6

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and not as stressful as it can be in many other firms. I received a phone call from one of the individuals I would be working with closely in the position. We discussed my current position and why I was looking for another opportunity. At the end of the interview they stated I would be set up to meet with the partner I would be working with while he was in town. They were very accommodating with choosing a time for the interview. The in person interview included the person to whom I spoke to on the phone and the partner I'd be working with. They were both personable and relaxed during the interview. They did not make me feel as if I needed to sell myself as more than I was, as is the case in many interviews. Several items from my resume were discussed as well as concerns they had. I was welcomed to voice any concerns and ask as many questions as I wanted. Overall it was the best interview I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• What can we do to keep you, since you have not been at your current employer for more than 1 year?   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig.

Interview

After submitting application, I was contacted by Human Resources to answer some questions regarding the application. I recieved a call back later that day, and we set up an interview for the following week. Interviewed with both HR and then the lead attorney for my department seperately. Received a job offer at the end of that same week. It took two weeks for background check to clear, so start date was set two weeks after offer acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Name your two favorite and two least favorite things about your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. HR was very helpful in answering any and all questions.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

GT got back to me within a week of sending them my resume and I had an interview the day after that. The workflow coordinator that I was in touch with was very responsive and provided clear instructions on how the interview would proceed. My interview was in a corner conference room with a great view. I met the group shareholder, all three associate attorneys, and three of the paralegals there. Everyone was very welcoming and it was clear that they wanted to make sure I would be a good fit in the group

Interview Questions

• How did I think my background would fit into the practice group's field of law.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The process went quite well compared to other large law firms. I found it fair, smooth, and productively challenging; the productivity came from the type and content of questions, which told me more about the firm than any other source.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move yourself and family from Los Angeles and the success you'd had there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Business Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I sent my information to a representative of GT, and she contacted me to inform me that the Immigration group was interested in an interview. So, I went to the interview. They had me meet with HR, several group attorneys, and two group paralegals. The interview was not difficult, and I thought I did a good job explaining how my very pertinent education and experience would transfer into me performing well in the job at issue. It has been nearly a month since the interview, and I have heard absolutely nothing. I have sent the representative two emails now asking for some type of response. Nothing. I know I am not supposed to rant on Glassdoor, and I won't. I would just like to elucidate my experience with this law firm as we as several others. I am encountering more and more unprofessional conduct from law firms. I have had interviews scheduled out for two weeks then canceled, because the firm found someone already. I have interviewed, had my references bothered to give me great recommendations, then was told that they did not have the work to hire anyone, but I would be the first to call if they did. My time is valuable too, please quit wasting it. Now GT thinks they don't even have to dignify my very reasonable and expected request for information on the interview with a response. I don't know if it is that these law firms are just that arrogant, disrespectful, or inept, but in any case it is unacceptable. I think it has a little bit to do with the fact that there is a glut of qualified legal professionals, and law firms are somewhat scared to care about their interviewees, because they are just struggling to keep their jobs. They may be afraid that technology is quickly replacing the need for lawyers at an alarming pace, and that the mere response to an interviewee gives them a great sense of insecurity. They may fear that they will actually have to pay people for their knowledge when the people there are already quivering over the fates of their own jobs. Whatever the case, it is unaccrptable and unprofessional. I'm happy to say I am getting out of the legal profession and have accepted a job with UPS.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to the Las Vegas offices directly and received a call back for an in-person interview in Baltimore (where I was studying at the time). Met with 2 partners (one female; one male). Had a 20-30 minute conversation w/ each. Confidence is key! Didn't get the position. The recruiter accidently let me know that that one of the partners liked me and the other did not. I'm pretty sure it was because I was extremely nervous w/ the male partner (it was my first big interview).

Interview Questions

• Interest in GT. Tell me about yourself. Typical questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Not much involved here...I had a good resume and they were looking for someone will to do grunt work. I was able to secure the postion and have been scanning for a couple weeks now. Nothing special, but I enjoy decent pay and will have a lot to bs on my resume. Good Stuff....

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Very nice interview asked me about my legal skills.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig.

Interview

I was referred and went in and talked to the managing partner and HR. Everyone was very nice, but HR seemed overwhelmed and kind of slow, which was pretty nerve wrecking at times.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't feel like there was one for that position.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Greenberg Traurig (Boston, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. First had an interview with HR. I returned and interviewed with three attorneys separately. Each asked questions relative to their practice. Very relaxed atmosphere. No tricky questions or streamline interview questions like "what are your strengths" or "what are your weaknesses". It was more they described what their expectations were for the position and asked if it was similar to what I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any surprise or difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted with no negotiation.