Greene Tweed Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.8

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Greene Tweed in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the mechanical designer position and a phone interview was set up. The phone interview was basic questions about me, no technical questions what so ever. I was immediately scheduled for an in person interview for 2 days later. The in person interview was with the engineering manager, engineering lead, and a HR representative. Questions were simple from a CAD standpoint and required very little technical answers. Mostly they asked non technical questions about previous experience and interaction with the customer/vendor.

Interview Questions
    • How was FEA analysis interpreted in my previous job?   View Answer
    They proposed a fair offer, no ability to negotiate as it was higher than I expected.

Senior Human Resources Business Parnter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Greene Tweed.

I was not looking for a job when I got a call from their internal recruiter. The position was for a remote site (HQ is in Kulpsville, PA) so I had a number of phone inteviews and in the end was flown to PA for an in person interview. The interview style was conversational in nature and pretty easy to pass. They were looking for cultural fit and managerial courage to address hard situations that existed at the time.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be odd, out of line, or particularly difficult. As mentioned, the style was conversational during both the phone and in-person interviews. They were doing the Calper test for all employees at the time. But I don't believe they are doing that anymore.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I asked for. Pretty straight up and easy.

Research Technician Interview

What were some of the biggest challenges you faced?

Engineering Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kulpsville, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Greene Tweed in January 2014.

Had a phone interview talked about company and general facts about the program. Asked a lot of general questions about being a leader and to walk them through your academic experience. Some other questions about times you dealt with a difficult situation, name something that sets you apart from other students in your major etc.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Greene Tweed in November 2013.

Two engineers and one HR person interviewed me. They had reviewed my resume and had questions based on it. The engineers spoke mostly with the HR person only asking a few of the standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Were you ever in a group with a person that didn't pull there weight? How did you handle that situation?   View Answer

Rotation Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Greene Tweed in April 2013.

Found Greene Tweed at a college engineering career fair. Had an initial interview the next day. A week later received a phone call to setup an on-site interview. They flew me to the location (contact that handled travel bookings was very nice and helpful) for a second interview, which consisted of a technical assessment, panel interview, and meeting with a current rotation engineer. Technical assessment was focused on one of their products given characteristics of the material and the conditions it would be exposed to. Panel interview consisted of 4 people, each from a different aspect of the company (HR, Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.). Panel interview started with personal experience questions and then a review of my solution to the technical assessment. Overall the people I met with were very nice and the company seemed to have a good opportunity to develop an entry level engineer into a valuable team member through the rotation program. I did not receive an invitation for a third interview, thanked them for the opportunity to interview, and asked for some feedback to better prepare myself for future job searches. No response.

Interview Questions
    • The technical assessment wasn't too bad in my opinion. I don't care for the repetitive "give me an example when..." questions. Having impressive examples for those types of questions was probably the only "tough" area of the interviewing process.   Answer Question

Engineering Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Greene Tweed in April 2013.

Phone interview with HR rep was pretty easy, just a lot of "tell me about a time when... blah." (which everyone obviously makes up) Then they flew me to Houston for an interview with about 3 engineers and another HR rep. Right before that they had me take a test on this valve system which was pretty tough because I had never seen the stuff before. The first part of the interview was going over that test, explaining how you got to your answers. Then they had me explain everything on my resume and how it will help at their company. Then they went on to the "tell me about a time when... blah" questions again.

Interview Questions
    • Going over the test was very difficult. They gave me absolutely no feedback during my 20 minute explanation to whether I was solving the problems correctly, which was quite terrifying.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Greene Tweed in November 2012.

Found them at career fair, Lady called me for an interview, had a behavioral interview over the phone. Then brought me in for a month later.

strengths and weakness
    work in a team
    are you an individual worker or team

Took a test: Check to see if parts compatible given the stress equations and a few known such as the max sheer stress and max power voltage.

panel interview afterwards, explained my solutions for the test and asked me lots of questions about my projects and experiences.

Not sure what they are looking for, they seemed to really like me but I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, except for the test maybe... i don't know

present your solution and reasoning. They asked me to hold the product and tell them what it was made out of?
        View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kulpsville, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Greene Tweed in September 2011.

Very well coordinated process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unusual. Experience related questions. And, few situational.   Answer Question

Polymer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Greene Tweed in December 2009.

Sent Resume to HR and Employee => after one week got an interview with HR (will finalize and contact after other candidates evaluation) => after 2 weeks got interview with Hiring manager and senior engineer on phone and told me it will take time and contact => no offer

Contacted HR for Follow up => Will contact after other candidates and ask you to come face to face interview => No response.

May needed person with less experience and or a local person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self   View Answer
    • 2. Asked in detail what was responsibilities
      3. Technical question on a polymer formulation