Greene Tweed Interview Questions

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Greene Tweed in November 2013.

Two engineers and one HR person interviewed me. They had reviewed my resume and had questions based on it. The engineers spoke mostly with the HR person only asking a few of the standard HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Were you ever in a group with a person that didn't pull there weight? How did you handle that situation?   View Answer

Rotation Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Greene Tweed in April 2013.

Found Greene Tweed at a college engineering career fair. Had an initial interview the next day. A week later received a phone call to setup an on-site interview. They flew me to the location (contact that handled travel bookings was very nice and helpful) for a second interview, which consisted of a technical assessment, panel interview, and meeting with a current rotation engineer. Technical assessment was focused on one of their products given characteristics of the material and the conditions it would be exposed to. Panel interview consisted of 4 people, each from a different aspect of the company (HR, Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.). Panel interview started with personal experience questions and then a review of my solution to the technical assessment. Overall the people I met with were very nice and the company seemed to have a good opportunity to develop an entry level engineer into a valuable team member through the rotation program. I did not receive an invitation for a third interview, thanked them for the opportunity to interview, and asked for some feedback to better prepare myself for future job searches. No response.

Interview Questions
    • The technical assessment wasn't too bad in my opinion. I don't care for the repetitive "give me an example when..." questions. Having impressive examples for those types of questions was probably the only "tough" area of the interviewing process.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Greene Tweed in November 2012.

Found them at career fair, Lady called me for an interview, had a behavioral interview over the phone. Then brought me in for a month later.

strengths and weakness
    work in a team
    are you an individual worker or team

Took a test: Check to see if parts compatible given the stress equations and a few known such as the max sheer stress and max power voltage.

panel interview afterwards, explained my solutions for the test and asked me lots of questions about my projects and experiences.

Not sure what they are looking for, they seemed to really like me but I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, except for the test maybe... i don't know

present your solution and reasoning. They asked me to hold the product and tell them what it was made out of?
        View Answer

Polymer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Greene Tweed in December 2009.

Sent Resume to HR and Employee => after one week got an interview with HR (will finalize and contact after other candidates evaluation) => after 2 weeks got interview with Hiring manager and senior engineer on phone and told me it will take time and contact => no offer

Contacted HR for Follow up => Will contact after other candidates and ask you to come face to face interview => No response.

May needed person with less experience and or a local person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self   View Answer
    • 2. Asked in detail what was responsibilities
      3. Technical question on a polymer formulation
        View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Greene Tweed in August 2011.

Initial contact was by GT Recruiter who sought me out, unsolicited. Questions related to my past experience and qualifications. This person "qualifies the prospect". If you "make the cut", there is a follow-up interview with the hiring manager and HR "partner." Questions in this interview are both "behavioral" (from HR person) and technical. Technical questions were general in nature, i.e. "How do you go about developing and qualifying a product/component." Although questions were somewhat general, the interviewer was looking for specifics. In my case, the interviewer actually lacked specific experience in the discipline (new hire from a different industry), so it was a little awkward, i.e. being specific enough so as to fulfill expectations, but not so specific as to lose your audience.
    I asked numerous questions in both interviews (I was interviewing the company/people more than they were interviewing me). I didn't receive very specific answers and I believe that my questions (number and type) most likely intimidated them since I had more experience than they had.

Interview Questions
    • What is the process for developing and qualifying a material or product?   View Answer
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses and give some examples of how these played out in your past work experience.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Greene Tweed in March 2009.

I gave a presentation first. That was followed by a panel interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Greene Tweed in June 2010.

I found a listing on LinkedIn and contacted the person. He contacted me saying that I was a good fit for the position and wanted to schedule a phone interview. He never called that day and then emailed me 2 days later saying he was stuck in a meeting and wanted to rescedule. We rescheduled and he was 20 minutes late calling then was passive agressive about my salary requirements and asked if I would be wiling to work in a different location than the job was listed for. I said no and he never called back and I'm glad.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience in....   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to be more flexible with your salary requirements?   View Answer

Worked for Greene Tweed? Contribute to the Community!