Greenhill & Co.

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Greenhill & Co..

Interview Details – 30 minute interview

Interview Question – How can you increase returns in an LBO   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, then had to do a maths test, phone interview, and was then invited for a first round interview at a recruitment firm.
The maths test was fairly standard - lots of percentages, and converting between currencies.
They also asked you some mental maths questions at the interview, which threw me a bit - whats 8 cubed; if a bat and ball cost £1.10, and the bat cost 10p more than the ball, how much does the ball cost?

Interview Question – Under what circumstances would a company merge with another, and under what circumstances would a company acquire another?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online. Online tests and phone interview (fairly standard process)

Interview Question – no real catch of a question   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via website.
Got 4 Interviews. Decent, friendly interviewers.
1st Interview: Case Study on a restructuring client
2nd Interview: Brainteaster, accounting questions, accretion dilution analysis
3rd Interview: WACC, CAPM, stock pitches
4rd Interview: Covered and questioned my CV in detail. Various accounting questions.
I could ask personal questions.

Interview Question – Accretion/Dilution Analysis, Multiples of restructruing clients, Industry betas.   Answer Question

Full-time Analyst Interview

Full-time Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round phone interview with external recruitment agency. Numerous competency questions mainly in the style of 'show me a time you have..'. Questions included show me a time you have been given an unreasonable task by someone, time you have showed your analytical ability in a novel task. Other usual questions such as why greenhill, why ghl ahead of bulge bracket banks, why ghl ahead of other boutique banks, recent news development and show how it links to ghl etc. etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have been given an unreasonable task by someone and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
  • why greenhill, why ghl ahead of bulge bracket banks, why ghl ahead of other boutique banks   Answer Question

IBD Analyst Interview

IBD Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in September 2009.

Interview Details – Do not seem to have a dedicated HR team to manage graduate recruitment in the UK so it is outsourced to an outside firm. Therefore first interview was with this firm and then the subsequent interview was with Greenhill itself at their London offices.

First stage of the final day consisted of two 1:1 interviews. Met with an associate and a VP. Both had started at bulge brackets and moved to Greenhill subsequently. One interviewer was somewhat aggressive and dismissive of my opinions while the other neutral. Suggest being able to defend your point of view to the end, even if it appears almost rude.

Offices were nice - in West London oddly. One strange aspect was that their summer interns were interviewing alongside other candidates. Most firms have intern exclusive exit interviews. Appreciate that they're looking for the best but one would think you could tell someones value to the firm after having worked with them for the duration of the summer.

Interview Question – Question was a hypothetical problem where a company had a choice of either to dispose of a property asset and subsequently rent the the building or to hold on to the asset   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance

The process took a day - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in November 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Had a phone interview

Interview Question – How much leverage should be used when preforming a LBO   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Greenhill & Co. in October 2009.

Interview Details – Technical interview

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Greenhill & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greenhill & Co. interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Greenhill & Co. employees and interview candidates.