Greenlee Textron Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.4

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, about a week apart. Then they flew me out to Illinois for about 2 hours of interviews. Met with HR, Sales Director, Product Manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Describe a situation where you had to make a tough sale   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Interview

Very friendly and welcoming. Everyone was very easy to talk to. They went through my resume and then talked to me about how these experiences have helped develop myself. Then they asked general questions about myself and then talked about common interests. This was a very great experience.

Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron (Rockford, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A headhunter set up the phone and on site interviews. I described my work experience, what projects I had managed and completed successfully, my career aspirations. I also briefly discussed what certifications I was working on in conjunction with my advanced degree progress. The on site interview was much more casual and closer to a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe several projects that you have worked on or managed.   Answer Question
    • Describe to me your leadership style and your work ethic.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Interview

Met them at college career fair. Went up and talked to a person only a few years older than me (a college student), and submitted my resume. He liked it so I got to schedule an interview for the next day. There was a 1:1 interview which was very lax in terms of technical questions. More of learning your personality since they already know the things you have done through your resume.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet any person that ever lived in history, alive or dead, who would it be?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron (Rockford, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

First two interviews were very relaxed and not bad. Third & final (phone) interview was not stressfull and I thought it went well, however I was told I was not passionnate or assertive enough... two traits which I think I possess. Anyway I heard the interviewer said the same thing about 8 other applicants, so I guess go with your best Rah Rah I love Sales and Greenlee pitch.

Interview Questions

• No specifically difficult questions, more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron (Rockford, IL).

Interview

I went to an informational session at my university and submitted my resume to one of the recruiters. A few days later, I was contacted over the phone and spoke a bit about my qualifications and the position. A few days after that, I was invited to the headquarters for 4 half-an-hour interviews (an engineering lead, an EDP engineer, a Sr. HR business partner, and the director of engineering/hiring manager). All interviews were very straightforward, no tricks, just wanting to get to know me and my qualifications and see how I would fit in their company. I was contacted later in the day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair, just be honest and be yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I felt the offer was very fair.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Interview

Contacted but phone to find availability. They schedule a in person interview, the interview is a panel one usually from within the team.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron (Rockford, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager and recruiter came to the School Engineering Career Fair in Feb, and had some screening process in the career fair. They asked me about the GPA, school projects and interests. It goes smoothly. They will give you a return interview in the next day, and introduce the company. Ask general behavioral questions like what is your strength, and what is your shortcoming. After 2 weeks, you will get a call from the hiring manager to extend you an offer.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I interviewed at Greenlee Textron (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

one round of personal interview, on campus recruitment, went through resume, asked me questions on my previous jobs, asked for my interest in this company, why greenlee, why rotational program, Describe your ideal job

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with the department manager and an HR manager. After that you called into headquarters to be interviewed by about 3 or 4 department managers. After that you are informed whether or not you received the job via a phone call from HR. Its a standard interview process, nothing too spectacular.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Salary was decent.