Greenlee Textron

2.7

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

interviewed at Greenlee Textron in February 2013.

one round of personal interview, on campus recruitment, went through resume, asked me questions on my previous jobs, asked for my interest in this company, why greenlee, why rotational program, Describe your ideal job

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Met them at college career fair. Went up and talked to a person only a few years older than me (a college student), and submitted my resume. He liked it so I got to schedule an interview for the next day. There was a 1:1 interview which was very lax in terms of technical questions. More of learning your personality since they already know the things you have done through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • If you could meet any person that ever lived in history, alive or dead, who would it be?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Greenlee Textron in March 2014.

First two interviews were very relaxed and not bad. Third & final (phone) interview was not stressfull and I thought it went well, however I was told I was not passionnate or assertive enough... two traits which I think I possess. Anyway I heard the interviewer said the same thing about 8 other applicants, so I guess go with your best Rah Rah I love Sales and Greenlee pitch.

Interview Questions
    • No specifically difficult questions, more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

I went to an informational session at my university and submitted my resume to one of the recruiters. A few days later, I was contacted over the phone and spoke a bit about my qualifications and the position. A few days after that, I was invited to the headquarters for 4 half-an-hour interviews (an engineering lead, an EDP engineer, a Sr. HR business partner, and the director of engineering/hiring manager). All interviews were very straightforward, no tricks, just wanting to get to know me and my qualifications and see how I would fit in their company. I was contacted later in the day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair, just be honest and be yourself.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I felt the offer was very fair.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Contacted but phone to find availability. They schedule a in person interview, the interview is a panel one usually from within the team.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Greenlee Textron in April 2013.

You'll meet with a Area Sales Manger or someone else in Management. If they life you, they'll send you up to Rockford for an interview.
    You'll get to Rockford and start in the morning. You'll meet with HR, Marketing, VP of Sales and the CEO. It's a pretty straight forward interview. Be enthusiastic about the opportunity and be interested in the company's products. Also don't be geographically limited, as they're looking for people who can go different places.

None.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Greenlee Textron in June 2009.

Extremely professional interview process. You begin by interviewing with your future supervisor followed by the company flying you to their corporate headquarters. You get the opportunity to interview with Human resources, marketing personnel, Vice President of sales and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • You can defend the truth seven days of the week and as long as you maintain your integrity your responses to their questions will be what they want to hear.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate and looking back I should have.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greenlee Textron.

Starts with a phone interview with the department manager and an HR manager. After that you called into headquarters to be interviewed by about 3 or 4 department managers. After that you are informed whether or not you received the job via a phone call from HR. Its a standard interview process, nothing too spectacular.

I didn't negotiate. Salary was decent.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Greenlee Textron in April 2010.

Personally networked to the hiring mgr and interview was fairly easy. Upper Mgr stressed importance of hiring the right talent across the diverse Textron. Two years later when laid-off those words had little meaning as no effort was made to secure a new position in the 1,000s of

Interview Questions
    HR never heard of a signing bonus until I asked them. People were very pleasant and were always willing to pass forward any requests and questions because apparently hiring someone is a VP responsibility and only those in Rockford, IL are given any authority. As with most companies, you should always negotiate even if it is relatively minor. If they are unwilling to accommodate, then continue interviewing elsewhere.

Worked for Greenlee Textron? Contribute to the Community!