Greenpeace

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews followed by two in-office and then an interview with the executive director.

Interview Question – How would you illustrate climate change   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR didn't inform me of certain benefits I could have obtained due to my status as a foreigner. I had to see a lawyer (recommended by other staff with the same experience) in order to finally get these benefits (which came from the government and didn't cost Greenpeace anything).

Frontline Canvasser

I interviewed at Greenpeace in February 2014.

Interview Details – The guys stoped me on the street, we talked and they said "ou should totall work for us!" so I set up an interview and a week later, I was there. took about 5 minutes, just some basic questions and I was hred.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Communications Officer
Europa, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Greenpeace in October 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the other candidates didn't have the minimal skills required

Interview Question – Make a strategic plan for all the communications and campaigns   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Greenpeace in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview; basic information about the position on interview day, then a follow-up sheet with questions like... "Why do you want to work for Greenpeace" and "Write a 30 second pitch about anything you're passionate about." Then had a 1:1 interview with the city coordinator one by one.

Interview Question – Write a 30 second pitch about anything you're passionate about, trying to sell or promote to the idea to me. (1:1 with the manager, so a little intimidating.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. The salary is base across Greenpeace.

Very Easy Interview

Canvasser Interview

Canvasser
New York, NY

Interviewed at Greenpeace

Interview Details – It was relatively painless, the interviewer who became my boss was pretty easy going and basically just explained my responsibilities, it was almost assumed that I would be given a shot at working there

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Greenpeace in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is not that complicated. Called an advertisement on Craigslist and got a callback the next day for a phone interview. Then an on site interview took place with a few other candidates and then one at a time we went into a separate room for a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Overall a really simple process and a good experience.

Interview Question – Pick anything you are knowledgeable about and give me a 30 second pitch about why I should either buy it or agree with you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay

Frontliner Interview

Frontliner
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Greenpeace in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very laid back interview. They told me to dress casual. They asked what environmental issue I care about the most and why. They asked what I disliked about my last job and why, and they also had me canvass them on an issue. It look about 15 minutes for the whole interview, including filling out the paperwork.

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Greenpeace in January 2009.

Interview Details – There was one interview with the Fund raising assistant manager. The questions were about the time requirements as well as several random questions about political hot button issues. They want to see you face to face to guage how their potential contributors will react when they see you. They want to get a better sense of your personality and how you will react to questions. Mandatory credit and background check.

Interview Question – What are your hopes for the Obama administration?   Answer Question

Fundraiser

I applied online and interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview Details – Interview had two rounds. First was telephonic and if selected the second round was on Skype.. There were some very normal question like abt the environment and yourself. The interviewer was looking for the influencing power actually.

Interview Question – They just check how influencial and good orator you are.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Greenpeace

Interview Details – Called two times. Telephonic and then if selected through Skype . Cooperative interviewer helped to get through the hurdles of interactions. Smooth but logical. Passionate abt environment can try this. National language or English seems must. Vernacular lang for local positions may help .

Interview Questions

Worked for Greenpeace? Contribute to the Community!