Greenpeace Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the Hiring Manager. I was then brought into the office for group interview with 4 employees. Following this, I was given a special project to work on and present to management in a 2nd-round interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks and was relatively painless. Don't forget, this is Greenpeace. Don't show up in a suit.

Interview Questions

• Why Greenpeace instead of another environmental organization? Are you willing to do anything illegal?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was relatively straightforward--they sent an email and asked for an interview. However, they were incredibly unorganized. They would set up interview times--then email again minutes later and say "just kidding." Further, they would call during the time that they had already cancelled--this happened three times during the course of my interview process. Not every department is as disorganized, it is mainly HR.

Door Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief discussion with the hiring manager. The entire interview lasted maybe 30 minutes. Standard questions about work experience and interest in the company. The manager I met with was very friendly, long hair, and hippy-like. He took a look at my resume and asked me what I liked to do in my spare time. It was very relaxed. Not much pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Greenpeace?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews followed by two in-office and then an interview with the executive director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR didn't inform me of certain benefits I could have obtained due to my status as a foreigner. I had to see a lawyer (recommended by other staff with the same experience) in order to finally get these benefits (which came from the government and didn't cost Greenpeace anything).

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Application

I interviewed at Greenpeace in February 2014.

Interview

The guys stoped me on the street, we talked and they said "ou should totall work for us!" so I set up an interview and a week later, I was there. took about 5 minutes, just some basic questions and I was hred.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Group interview; basic information about the position on interview day, then a follow-up sheet with questions like... "Why do you want to work for Greenpeace" and "Write a 30 second pitch about anything you're passionate about." Then had a 1:1 interview with the city coordinator one by one.

Interview Questions

• Write a 30 second pitch about anything you're passionate about, trying to sell or promote to the idea to me. (1:1 with the manager, so a little intimidating.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. The salary is base across Greenpeace.

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was relatively painless, the interviewer who became my boss was pretty easy going and basically just explained my responsibilities, it was almost assumed that I would be given a shot at working there

Frontliner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. They told me to dress casual. They asked what environmental issue I care about the most and why. They asked what I disliked about my last job and why, and they also had me canvass them on an issue. It look about 15 minutes for the whole interview, including filling out the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process is not that complicated. Called an advertisement on Craigslist and got a callback the next day for a phone interview. Then an on site interview took place with a few other candidates and then one at a time we went into a separate room for a 1:1 with the hiring manager. Overall a really simple process and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Pick anything you are knowledgeable about and give me a 30 second pitch about why I should either buy it or agree with you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Europa, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Europa, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Most of the other candidates didn't have the minimal skills required

Interview Questions

• Make a strategic plan for all the communications and campaigns   1 Answer