Greenville Hospital System Interview Questions & Reviews in Greenville, SC

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System.

Received phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I had to interview with the Team Leader then with her two managers at the same time. They asked what I could do to benefit the company, my experience, the normal routine. They did try to intimidate and pull the "rank" issue. Just dont let them.

Interview Questions
    • What have you accomplished for previous employees outside of your normal duties?   View Answer
    They came in way above what I was expecting and more than the job advertised.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in June 2011.

The initial communication was a telephone call to schedule the interview. The interview was a few days later with the manager of the department. The interview was very informal.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions because the interview consisted of just a general conversation of what the job responsibilities were. The manager did not ask any so-called interview questions.   Answer Question

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System.

I got this job because a friend of mine already worked there, she mentioned my name and after filling out an online application went to a face to face interview. Now they have peer interviews as well, and phone interviews. The main campus is a trauma center and prefers for you to know the basics of all the services. The patewood campus does mostly the big Ortho cases and is very nice. Being a team player and having the energy to keep up is important. The orientation is from 3 to 6 months

Interview Questions
    • What systems (ortho/neuro) am I familiar with?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation for me, but my advice would be to ask for more than the min. base rate if you have experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in March 2013.

The process for applying with GHS is seamless. All infomration needed for each position is posted on their website. Downfall being the time it took for the drug screening, back ground checks, and physicals. It was about a month and a half from the time I was hired until I was ready to start working on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult queston for me was talking of your strenghts and weakness.   Answer Question
    For me there was not alot of negotiation.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in July 2010.

Initial contact with HR recruiter. Completed Online application. Was then contacted for phone interview. Onsite interview followed with several therapists working in the particular unit. Manager had a minor role in the onsite interview. Written offer was delayed for a week following verbal offer. Communication was ongoing through e-mail and phone. HR recruiters are helpful and aware of the working environments.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior oriented questions - based on the Greenville Hospital Systems standards of behavior. Each therapist in the interview had preassigned questions to ask. All were very standard - but looking to see how I would handle a negative situation.   View Answer
    .no negotiation. There is a pay grade scale and year of experience table. There is a sign on bonus for hard to fill positions - which a Physical Therapist is.

Denials & Appeals Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in February 2011.

Greenville Hospital uses a scoring grid to access candidates, based on a series of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time when you felt you went above and beyond in customer service.   View Answer
    • What makes you so special?   View Answer
    There was not real negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in May 2009.

I was referred by an employee friend at the company. I was contacted by phone by both the hiring manager and HR. I was brought in for a one-on-one interview where I was asked a standard set of questions that were developed from the Studer Group, and everything from pay and benefits were negotiated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were challenged at work   View Answer
    HR contacted me and went through my application line by line to determine how much of a salary I qualified for based on education and months of experience relevant to the position. They are not able to offer anything outside of a pre-determined range and they will quote you a number that includes a bonus. They have not paid bonuses in two years!

Worked for Greenville Hospital System? Contribute to the Community!