Greenville Hospital System Interview Questions in Greenville, SC

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by an AA. An initial interview was scheduled at a mutually agreeable time and date with 3 managers. The interview began 20 minutes late. The cause for the late start was not explained. The interview was 90 minutes long (See interview questions section below for details). My overall impression was this was a successful interview. The "head manager" indicated they were very interested in me as well as extremely impressed with my resume and interview abilities. It was explained that there were a few internal candidates in the running and they would be my greatest competition as GHS favors internal candidates. Salary, schedule, benefits and the like were not discussed as it was explained this is all handled by HR. The "head manager" called me the next day with several additional follow up questions regarding my work history and additional personality focused questions. Approximately one week later I was again contacted by the same AA who indicated a second interview was requested by an addition 4 managers. This interview went much like the first (again see interview questions section for details). All 7 managers were very nice, positive, encouraging with great feedback and very welcoming. I was informed I would be hearing from HR should we be moving forward. I was approximately 30 minutes away when I received a frantic voicemail and email from the AA who coordinated the interviews indicating the "head manager" wanted to see me and they requested I return immediately. Of course, I did so, although very inconvenient. I discovered upon my return that I was to have been scheduled for a follow up meeting with him immediately following the 2nd interview. The AA had failed to do so. The "head manager" was very irritated by this as his current AA had failed to follow basic instructions leading to a poor candidate experience and unprofessional appearance to say the least. That meeting went very well. We discussed a handful of follow up questions regarding my personality fit with the group etc. I was informed I was the leading candidate and the AA who had been my contact throughout the process was now no longer in the running (For obvious reasons).There was one other internal candidate who had yet to apply. The deadline for that candidate to do so was the next day. The "head manager" would email me with an update to let me know if that took place and what to expect from there. He did email the next day. He would be contacting HR for processing and an offer. After 4 days I was contacted by an HR Representative by phone. She began by identified herself and verified I had in fact interviewed with the "head manager". She then abruptly blurted out an hourly dollar amount and asked if I accept. I indicated I was not privet to the entire compensation package as a whole, explained that benefits, vacation, holidays etc. had not yet been addressed and I would need that information to calculate whether this would be feasible for me. I was directed to their website. (Later upon review the web site did in fact have a section with health coverage options; however, there was no additional information regarding vacation and holiday schedules etc.) I also indicated I would like time to review and consider this offer. I was told this was not an option. Should I decline, they would be moving forward with the next candidate. The HR woman was extremely unprofessional as well as rude and unfriendly. I was shocked to be honest. I also enquired how they arrived at the dollar amount as it seemed exceedingly low. Quite honestly down right insulting. I was told that the only criteria used to arrive at this amount was years in an equivalent role. They scrutinized my resume detailing some of my experience would not be considered. Although some of my experience was administrative in nature they did not feel it should be considered as it was not a direct support role. They would only consider 4 out of 15 years experience. She also indicated that if I omitted any work experience (from working age 15 on) that was "on me". I told her I no longer include my work history from high school, although administrative, seemed no longer applicable. In total I have 25 years experience in administration and I would be happy to provide tax records. She said it was too late for that now. To summarize, I was very taken aback by the unprofessional attitude and approach this offer was presented in. The HR woman lacked professionalism as well as tact. The process and criteria in which salary is determined seems exceptionally flawed as well as the candidate experience as a whole. Clearly, I should have seen the red flags with the incompetence's of the interview coordination. For such a large concern this was an astoundingly poor process. I have declined their further attempts to have me come aboard as this is not an environment that works for me. Truly appalling.

Interview Questions

• Very formal scenario questions. Standard "Discuss a time in detail when..." line of questioning.   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Received phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I had to interview with the Team Leader then with her two managers at the same time. They asked what I could do to benefit the company, my experience, the normal routine. They did try to intimidate and pull the "rank" issue. Just dont let them.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished for previous employees outside of your normal duties?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They came in way above what I was expecting and more than the job advertised.

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was a mix of sharing life experiences with their corresponding lessons along with reflecting on future life goals. The interview included a tour with a current chaplain resident and a post tour conversation with the chaplain resident supervisor. I was offered a position before I left the premises. The interview was thorough and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Could you name a specific instance when you helped someone cope in a dire situation?   Answer Question

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I got this job because a friend of mine already worked there, she mentioned my name and after filling out an online application went to a face to face interview. Now they have peer interviews as well, and phone interviews. The main campus is a trauma center and prefers for you to know the basics of all the services. The patewood campus does mostly the big Ortho cases and is very nice. Being a team player and having the energy to keep up is important. The orientation is from 3 to 6 months

Interview Questions

• What systems (ortho/neuro) am I familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation for me, but my advice would be to ask for more than the min. base rate if you have experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

The process for applying with GHS is seamless. All infomration needed for each position is posted on their website. Downfall being the time it took for the drug screening, back ground checks, and physicals. It was about a month and a half from the time I was hired until I was ready to start working on the floor.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult queston for me was talking of your strenghts and weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For me there was not alot of negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a little intimidating as you were interview with a panel of multiple people including researchers, doctors, and the program staff. They were nice but did ask many questions about your career goals and desires. This was back in 2013 so the interview has probably changed. Now I heard they do video interviews since the applicant pool has significantly increased. Either way be prepared to answer about your passion for healthcare and what you can contribute to the program. You only have to interview once and once you are in you can come back every summer if you want.

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

The initial communication was a telephone call to schedule the interview. The interview was a few days later with the manager of the department. The interview was very informal.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions because the interview consisted of just a general conversation of what the job responsibilities were. The manager did not ask any so-called interview questions.   Answer Question

Denials & Appeals Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

Greenville Hospital uses a scoring grid to access candidates, based on a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you felt you went above and beyond in customer service.   1 Answer
    • What makes you so special?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not real negotiation phase.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial contact with HR recruiter. Completed Online application. Was then contacted for phone interview. Onsite interview followed with several therapists working in the particular unit. Manager had a minor role in the onsite interview. Written offer was delayed for a week following verbal offer. Communication was ongoing through e-mail and phone. HR recruiters are helpful and aware of the working environments.

Interview Questions

• Behavior oriented questions - based on the Greenville Hospital Systems standards of behavior. Each therapist in the interview had preassigned questions to ask. All were very standard - but looking to see how I would handle a negative situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

.no negotiation. There is a pay grade scale and year of experience table. There is a sign on bonus for hard to fill positions - which a Physical Therapist is.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Greenville Hospital System (Greenville, SC) in May 2009.

Interview

I was referred by an employee friend at the company. I was contacted by phone by both the hiring manager and HR. I was brought in for a one-on-one interview where I was asked a standard set of questions that were developed from the Studer Group, and everything from pay and benefits were negotiated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged at work   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR contacted me and went through my application line by line to determine how much of a salary I qualified for based on education and months of experience relevant to the position. They are not able to offer anything outside of a pre-determined range and they will quote you a number that includes a bonus. They have not paid bonuses in two years!