Greenville Hospital System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Medical Secretary Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in June 2011.

Interview Details – The initial communication was a telephone call to schedule the interview. The interview was a few days later with the manager of the department. The interview was very informal.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions because the interview consisted of just a general conversation of what the job responsibilities were. The manager did not ask any so-called interview questions.   Answer Question

Surgical Tech Interview

Surgical Tech
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System.

Interview Details – I got this job because a friend of mine already worked there, she mentioned my name and after filling out an online application went to a face to face interview. Now they have peer interviews as well, and phone interviews. The main campus is a trauma center and prefers for you to know the basics of all the services. The patewood campus does mostly the big Ortho cases and is very nice. Being a team player and having the energy to keep up is important. The orientation is from 3 to 6 months

Interview Question – What systems (ortho/neuro) am I familiar with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation for me, but my advice would be to ask for more than the min. base rate if you have experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process for applying with GHS is seamless. All infomration needed for each position is posted on their website. Downfall being the time it took for the drug screening, back ground checks, and physicals. It was about a month and a half from the time I was hired until I was ready to start working on the floor.

Interview Question – the most difficult queston for me was talking of your strenghts and weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For me there was not alot of negotiation.

Physical Therapist Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact with HR recruiter. Completed Online application. Was then contacted for phone interview. Onsite interview followed with several therapists working in the particular unit. Manager had a minor role in the onsite interview. Written offer was delayed for a week following verbal offer. Communication was ongoing through e-mail and phone. HR recruiters are helpful and aware of the working environments.

Interview Question – Behavior oriented questions - based on the Greenville Hospital Systems standards of behavior. Each therapist in the interview had preassigned questions to ask. All were very standard - but looking to see how I would handle a negative situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – .no negotiation. There is a pay grade scale and year of experience table. There is a sign on bonus for hard to fill positions - which a Physical Therapist is.

Denials & Appeals Specialist Interview

Greenville, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in February 2011.

Interview Details – Greenville Hospital uses a scoring grid to access candidates, based on a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time when you felt you went above and beyond in customer service.   View Answer
  • What makes you so special?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not real negotiation phase.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Greenville Hospital System in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee friend at the company. I was contacted by phone by both the hiring manager and HR. I was brought in for a one-on-one interview where I was asked a standard set of questions that were developed from the Studer Group, and everything from pay and benefits were negotiated.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were challenged at work   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR contacted me and went through my application line by line to determine how much of a salary I qualified for based on education and months of experience relevant to the position. They are not able to offer anything outside of a pre-determined range and they will quote you a number that includes a bonus. They have not paid bonuses in two years!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Greenville Hospital System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Greenville Hospital System interview questions and advice in Greenville, SC. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Greenville Hospital System employees and interview candidates.