Grey Group

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Grey Group.

Phone interview with HR and a few back and forth emails. Process was relatively easy and straightforward, and the internship program was an amazing experience. The interviews themselves were very comfortable and informal, and seemed more like simple conversations than other interviews I had had before. I was given a brief tour of the office, as well, and it is an incredible place.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the most important characteristics about succeeding in advertising?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grey Group.

I met somebody from Grey at a conference and set up an office visit. They really went out of their way to get me a meeting with several copywriters. It turned out being more of an info-session for me than an interview for an actual position, but I found it very helpful nonetheless.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grey Group in August 2014.

The hiring process happened very quickly. I applied directly through the website and received an email response the next day to schedule a phone interview.

When the talent coordinator contacted me we talked about salary expectations, relevant work experience, why I was looking to leave my current job, whether I was interviewing with other agencies and why I wanted a role with Grey.

The in-person interview process ran about two hours in length. I met with two senior designers and the director of technology.

In the first interview the senior designer and I talked about what it was like to work at Grey, what my research interests were and how I stayed on top of technology trends. In the second interview I walked through my portfolio and discussed the types of accounts that I had worked on. The third interview was more conversational and the director spent most of the time setting expectations for the prospective role.

I received a job offer within a half hour of leaving the interview and had to verbally accept right then and there in order to start the negotiation process.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult challenge that you faced with a client and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    The negotiation process was also very quick. During the phone screen I went in with an initial offer, but the offer I eventually received was much lower than I expected. It took a full day to compromise, but I think I lucked out because they were looking to fill the role immediately and I wasn't working through a recruiting agency.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Grey Group.

It was very nice interview, no stress, normal conversation with account director and of the end of the interview CEO joined us and explain all general regulations and what to include in a working package.

Interview Questions
    I've got a very good offer so i did not negotiate

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grey Group.

Contacted head HR person via email, who then gave my info to a lower HR person. We sent back and forth a few emails, and had an in-person interview within a couple of days. The interview was very short, and the interviewer seemed like she had written me off before the interview even started. After I discussed my resume, skills, and got stumped with a salary expectation question, she proceeds to tell me that there weren't any open AAE positions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grey Group in March 2014.

Very chill and relaxing. It was easy for me especially because we had something similar to talk about. The atmosphere was very relaxing and not too corporate. It's honestly how you make it, nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. All the questions were basic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation really because I was applying for the internship position.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Grey Group.

A friend referred me to the company and I was contacted by HR a few days later. I had an informational interview with HR (to see if I was a fit for the culture) and a month later had my first interview with a client team. The team I interviewed with was very nice and friendly - all positive vibes. This process was strung along for about 4 months, when they finally told me the position was on hold.

HR immediately notified me that there was an opening on another account and set up an interview for two weeks later. The interviewers again were very nice and friendly - people I could see myself working with. A week later, I found out that I did not get the job. The HR rep was very nice and consistent with her communication throughout the process. I would consider applying for another job there in the future.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Grey Group.

initial interview with HR, and then account-specific interview with production and account services

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

Interview was rescheduled 5 times and still got off to a late start after interviewer failed to arrive on time. My time is money, too.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

A recruiter reach out to me via LinkedIn with an invitation to speak about the opportunity. After a phone screening, I was invited to interview within 2-3 days. The in-person interview was with the head of their budgeting & finance department. The recruiter sat in on our interview. It was less than 45 minutes and I asked most the questions, which seems a bit off to me. I sent 2 thank you emails within 24 hours of our meeting and followed up as requested after 3 days. I received positive feedback from the interview and felt very encouraged. One week later I had not heard anything so I followed up with another email. Apparently they must have forgotten about me because I was told the position had been filled already by a better suited candidate. Not the best feeling in the world.