Grey Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in March 2014.

Very chill and relaxing. It was easy for me especially because we had something similar to talk about. The atmosphere was very relaxing and not too corporate. It's honestly how you make it, nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. All the questions were basic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation really because I was applying for the internship position.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Grey Group.

It was very nice interview, no stress, normal conversation with account director and of the end of the interview CEO joined us and explain all general regulations and what to include in a working package.

Interview Questions
    I've got a very good offer so i did not negotiate

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Grey Group.

Contacted head HR person via email, who then gave my info to a lower HR person. We sent back and forth a few emails, and had an in-person interview within a couple of days. The interview was very short, and the interviewer seemed like she had written me off before the interview even started. After I discussed my resume, skills, and got stumped with a salary expectation question, she proceeds to tell me that there weren't any open AAE positions.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

A recruiter reach out to me via LinkedIn with an invitation to speak about the opportunity. After a phone screening, I was invited to interview within 2-3 days. The in-person interview was with the head of their budgeting & finance department. The recruiter sat in on our interview. It was less than 45 minutes and I asked most the questions, which seems a bit off to me. I sent 2 thank you emails within 24 hours of our meeting and followed up as requested after 3 days. I received positive feedback from the interview and felt very encouraged. One week later I had not heard anything so I followed up with another email. Apparently they must have forgotten about me because I was told the position had been filled already by a better suited candidate. Not the best feeling in the world.

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

Interview was rescheduled 5 times and still got off to a late start after interviewer failed to arrive on time. My time is money, too.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Grey Group.

A friend referred me to the company and I was contacted by HR a few days later. I had an informational interview with HR (to see if I was a fit for the culture) and a month later had my first interview with a client team. The team I interviewed with was very nice and friendly - all positive vibes. This process was strung along for about 4 months, when they finally told me the position was on hold.

HR immediately notified me that there was an opening on another account and set up an interview for two weeks later. The interviewers again were very nice and friendly - people I could see myself working with. A week later, I found out that I did not get the job. The HR rep was very nice and consistent with her communication throughout the process. I would consider applying for another job there in the future.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Grey Group.

initial interview with HR, and then account-specific interview with production and account services

Senior Vice President, Account Director Interview

A+ to the HR recruiting and admin teams. Very well planned and executed - from coordination of schedules across multiple days to a clear map of whom I was going to meet and how they related to the business/what impact they had in the decision-making process.

Additionally, the hiring manager and team members were respectful of time and very focused - they knew what they were looking for and had very specific questions in context to the brand/category I was interviewing for and the position.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. If you're well-versed in the industry and category most questions probe more about your perspective vs. a right or wrong.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It wasn't the most difficult interview process - it helped that I was being recommended by an internal executive. This fact not with standing, the interview was fairly straightforward. They asked what my career goals were, what I was interested in, what I hoped to gain from the experience, etc.

n/a - I was an intern

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in June 2012.

Met with a LOT of people to get the job, most of whom were fired right after I started.

There was no negotiation at all. They only offer what they offer.

Worked for Grey Group? Contribute to the Community!