Grey Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very chill and relaxing. It was easy for me especially because we had something similar to talk about. The atmosphere was very relaxing and not too corporate. It's honestly how you make it, nothing to worry about.

Interview Question – Nothing really. All the questions were basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really because I was applying for the internship position.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview Details – It was very nice interview, no stress, normal conversation with account director and of the end of the interview CEO joined us and explain all general regulations and what to include in a working package.

Interview Question – In my case there were no such issuesn   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've got a very good offer so i did not negotiate

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview Details – Contacted head HR person via email, who then gave my info to a lower HR person. We sent back and forth a few emails, and had an in-person interview within a couple of days. The interview was very short, and the interviewer seemed like she had written me off before the interview even started. After I discussed my resume, skills, and got stumped with a salary expectation question, she proceeds to tell me that there weren't any open AAE positions.

Interview Question – Salary requirements/expectations   View Answer

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Junior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter reach out to me via LinkedIn with an invitation to speak about the opportunity. After a phone screening, I was invited to interview within 2-3 days. The in-person interview was with the head of their budgeting & finance department. The recruiter sat in on our interview. It was less than 45 minutes and I asked most the questions, which seems a bit off to me. I sent 2 thank you emails within 24 hours of our meeting and followed up as requested after 3 days. I received positive feedback from the interview and felt very encouraged. One week later I had not heard anything so I followed up with another email. Apparently they must have forgotten about me because I was told the position had been filled already by a better suited candidate. Not the best feeling in the world.

Interview Question – Do you like numbers?   View Answer

Not Specified Interview

Not Specified
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was rescheduled 5 times and still got off to a late start after interviewer failed to arrive on time. My time is money, too.

Interview Question – No tough questions.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview Details – initial interview with HR, and then account-specific interview with production and account services

Interview Question – what would your ideal job be?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview Details – A friend referred me to the company and I was contacted by HR a few days later. I had an informational interview with HR (to see if I was a fit for the culture) and a month later had my first interview with a client team. The team I interviewed with was very nice and friendly - all positive vibes. This process was strung along for about 4 months, when they finally told me the position was on hold.

HR immediately notified me that there was an opening on another account and set up an interview for two weeks later. The interviewers again were very nice and friendly - people I could see myself working with. A week later, I found out that I did not get the job. The HR rep was very nice and consistent with her communication throughout the process. I would consider applying for another job there in the future.

Interview Question – How do you connect with a brand you've never used?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President, Account Director Interview

Senior Vice President, Account Director

Interviewed at Grey Group

Interview Details – A+ to the HR recruiting and admin teams. Very well planned and executed - from coordination of schedules across multiple days to a clear map of whom I was going to meet and how they related to the business/what impact they had in the decision-making process.

Additionally, the hiring manager and team members were respectful of time and very focused - they knew what they were looking for and had very specific questions in context to the brand/category I was interviewing for and the position.

Interview Question – None that I can think of. If you're well-versed in the industry and category most questions probe more about your perspective vs. a right or wrong.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Grey Group

Interview Details – It wasn't the most difficult interview process - it helped that I was being recommended by an internal executive. This fact not with standing, the interview was fairly straightforward. They asked what my career goals were, what I was interested in, what I hoped to gain from the experience, etc.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a - I was an intern

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grey Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Met with a LOT of people to get the job, most of whom were fired right after I started.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. They only offer what they offer.

Worked for Grey Group? Contribute to the Community!