Grey Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

Was a very quick process. Received a phone screening. Got an interview that next week. Received an offer the following week. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks. Only had 1 interview with the managers and director (not at the same time). Questions were fairly simple. Mostly conversational. Heard that they are now implementing a quick Excel test into the interviews going forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

Very quick, i met with HR first and they asked me about what brands i like and why i wanted to be in the industry, and when i met with the team it was more focused on past experiences and since i was interviewing for a pharma role wanted to hear my thoughts on working within that field

Interview Questions

• Name your favorite campaign, why do you want to be here,   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with Janene Jones who was wearing sneakers and a more casual outfit than most others, she was nice overall, but began critiquing my work before I was able to finish a sentence. There was more attitude than I expected from an adult towards a student fresh out of school. She had awful communication and never responded to an email I sent, but had her co-worker Anna Brown send all emails. I was informed of having an answer within the next 2 days but it took 2 weeks, which lead me to say decline. Poor communication in the HR department is a huge turn off for me – I also heard they often let people go then hire them back soon after.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this design?   1 Answer

Art Direction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

This was a Skype interview. The recruiter was extremely nice and personable. It was pretty casual, which was very refreshing. She asked me about myself, and not just advertising. That was very refreshing as well. I felt like the recruiter was interested equally in my work as she was if I was a delightful person to be around.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had spoken to the President of the company directly about a VP role. This position required 10-15 years of experience. She told me to speak with this girl in Human Resources because she was handling the position. She would let the "girl", not woman, know she was sending me over. I not only sent this girl an email but must have called her once every 2 weeks for 2 months and I didn't even get a response. I looked her up on Linked In. She's 26 years old. Four years out of college. I have zero idea why they have a 26 year old screening for a high level VP position. She has no real experience to judge for a position that takes 10-20 years of experience. To not even acknowledge someone the President sent over? That's just amateurish and unprofessional. Not only is it a great way to miss out on a lot of talent, it's a horrible way for a company to be represented.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was reached out via LinkedIn. After a phone interview I was set up to interview with for 2 different teams. It was a long process and took about a month.

Interview Questions

• If a client calls you for a project that's due in an hour, how would you approach it?   1 Answer

My start date wasn't ideal for the team I interviewed for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Awesome interview process. Very good and easy going. They will sit down with you and ask you about likes dislikes and why the company will be a good fit for you. The added value

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and a few back and forth emails. Process was relatively easy and straightforward, and the internship program was an amazing experience. The interviews themselves were very comfortable and informal, and seemed more like simple conversations than other interviews I had had before. I was given a brief tour of the office, as well, and it is an incredible place.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most important characteristics about succeeding in advertising?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grey Group.

Interview

I met somebody from Grey at a conference and set up an office visit. They really went out of their way to get me a meeting with several copywriters. It turned out being more of an info-session for me than an interview for an actual position, but I found it very helpful nonetheless.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grey Group (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Several rounds. First was with the HR department, then supervisors, third with top management. After a few months, I got an offer that was reasonable. Overall it felt organized and they were quite transparent. I got the gig, so I can't complain!

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult task you have ever performed at an agency   Answer Question