Greyhound Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Greyhound in July 2014.

Short phone interview with HR manager followed by a face to face Interview with District Manager a week later. Went well, lasted an hour and a half. 2nd interview next week with HR, DM & RVP!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greyhound.

The hiring process is very simple if you can pass a drug test and back ground test.

Interview Questions
    • the test use to ask if you knew what states certain cities where in but now they don't ask anything   Answer Question
    they didn't Negotiation anything.

Ticket Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Greyhound in April 2013.

there is no real hiring process. you come in, fill out an application, take a urine test, background check and a competency test. If you can past these two then you're hired

Interview Questions
    • They only ask you questions regarding availability not traditional interview questions   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Greyhound.

had 1:1 interview through staffing company

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Greyhound in August 2011.

I was interviewed only by the Recruiting company. They did mention that any candidate who successfully interviews with the staffing company would usually move to phase 2 of the process; in which case, the candidate would have to interview with the hiring company before being offered the position and asked to sign a contract. The process was about a week long.

Interview Questions
    • How did you effectively cope in the workplace environment, after learning that there had been a mistake and that 2 people had been hired to fill 1 position?   View Answer
    Although, I did sign a contract to be hired as a full-time permanent employee for Greyhound, by the recruiting company; I quickly became a "temp" and was relieved of my duties. While I had been hired by the recruiting company, Greyhound had at the same time, hired a full-time permanent employee as well. Although, the recruiting company did have a deal worked out with Greyhound for things of this nature not to happen, the employee Greyhound "re-hired" was the former District Coordinator 5 years prior; I did not have much room to negotiate and nor did my recruiting company when it came down to the final decision. Since Greyhound is a unionized company, it is considered a best practice to allow a former employee to return to their former position. -Or, at least that's what the company told me. The moral of the story: Beware all non-direct hires!

Professional MotorCoach Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Greyhound in February 2011.

Complete online application and if you are selected then you must complete online course work before interview.

No negotiation there is a set rate for all new drivers

Motorcoach Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Greyhound in March 2011.

When I came into the terminal, they right off the bat told us that they would only accept 7 people out of the 20 that showed up. The employer basically knew whether or not they wanted to hire you based on your experience and skills. If you don't finish your packets and tests, don't even bother wasting your time there, they won't accept you.

Interview Questions
    Try and finish all your phase 1 and the rest of the other phases to show the employer that you are dedicated to this position. Also, write a lot of "notes" and organize your packets really well in a binder with dividers.

Dispatch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Greyhound in June 2008.

First, I filled out a detailed DOT job application, then was interviewed one on one by a member of the HR staff. Then I took a computer based test which had two parts, one tested ability to use standard MS Office software, and the other tested ability to listen to various phone calls of people calling customer service and then being asked comprehension questions. Following this, I was interviewed by a panel of 3 member of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Name the biggest mistake you've make at a previous job and how you dealed with it?   Answer Question

Greyhound Bus Driver Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Greyhound.

Forget Greyhound, They said they need drivers but there quick to reject your application. They hire much more applicants with a regular drivers license than with a CDL license. There very selective and judgementill. If your cacusion they will look for reasons to reject your application. It wasnt meant to be.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me no questions, they knew wanted to do before hand, In my opinion they suffer from assholeism.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Greyhound in July 2009.

One on one be abreast

Interview Questions

Worked for Greyhound? Contribute to the Community!