Greystar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.4

Assistant Maintenance Supervisor Interview

It was a good time to sit and hear what they thought about service. I told them my time in the field as a service tech and what I knew about HVAC. The manager interviewing me was very asertive and quick, the other manager that would be my boss was pretty shy. They showed me the property and units.

Leasing Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Greystar.

Went to job fair, they liked me. I received word of a leasing professional position. I took the position after interviewing with the property manager only. It was a great experience. I am happy with the company now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Greystar in October 2014.

Very smooth. Especially if you have experience. Details and expectations are explained. Second interview with RPM. Background may take a while if hired during the holidays. Drug test is required. Offer letter if hired arrives pretty quickly.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Greystar.

Interview was easy, just one and people very nice, people are never rude at the interview. The questions were average and the type of questions you would hear any where else.

To ask for what you think is fair

Assistant Community Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Greystar in September 2014.

They go through a third party to hire people. First they make people take a online assessment that test math, grammar and other cognitive skills. Then you take a personality test, about 80 questions. However, they hire through a staffing agency.

Through the staffing agency, they don't pay anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Greystar in September 2014.

Process took almost a week. I was told I was one of the quickest to get a "clear for hire" I interviewed on a Tuesday, took my drug test on a Wed and was cleared to start on that Friday! The interview was complex and thorough but the community manager that I interviewed with was very lively and made me really want to be a part of her team.
    I was not offered the position during the interview but I got a call later that day and was officially offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle a green team?   View Answer
    The last manager was making less based on experience but they understood my background and experience and based upon that I was offered more.

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Greystar.

The director of real estate was late. We met for coffee and she was very informal and gossiped about people she knew. Asked regular questions about previous experience and salary requirements.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate a team to perform in all aspects of onsite management.   Answer Question
    Negotiations not an option.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Greystar in July 2014.

Saw ad on Craigslist, applied on website. Received a call from Community Manager 2 weeks later. 15 minute phone interview that went well. Face to face interview the following week. Standard interview questions and it went well. I received a call the next day to schedule interview with Regional Manager. Regional was unable to be in town so we had a phone/skype interview. They were both very friendly and cooperative with scheduling. I recieved a verbal offer the same day as the final phone interview. The offer letter did not arrive for 2 days, however it was understandable being the company is so large and has different departments to handle everything. The background check process is very thorough and caused anxiety at points due to previous employers not returning the call of the background check representative of a 3rd party company.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Leasing Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Greystar in April 2014.

Interview, then online testing, then they do a background check, you get a drug test. When results from all come in, you are notified of weather you are hired or not

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Greystar.

Interviewed with the Community Manager, another Senior Community Manager and then the Regional Manager. Questioned asked such as your long term, short term goals, what do you know about the company, why are you the best person to do this job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the number one reason people don't lease at a community?   Answer Question
    12.75 to start and I wanted to negotiate it due to how low it was, after a few months moved up to $14.00 an hour plus commission and bonus, then finally moved to $14.25 after 1 year.