GridPoint

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GridPoint in January 2012.

Interview Details – it went well.

Interview Question – too easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – kind of.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GridPoint in September 2013.

Interview Details – On-site interview consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews over 4.5 hours. All were managers up to and including CEO. I thought I did well, but did not get an offer. I suspect it was my last interview, with the person who would be my 2nd level manager, where things fell apart. He said his employees average about 55-60 hours/week - he called that table stakes, and after 4 hours of interview and having a concern about what would be a 2 hour commute for me each way, I'm sure my face went pale. I would have done better interviewing with him earlier in the day. I understand the workload in a sales organization - you want to close every opportunity you can find, but I had difficulty expressing that confidence at that moment.

Overall a fair interview process with fair questions. This is one opportunity that I regret losing - this would have been a great place to work. The workload would be heavy but the job would be interesting and the company will be very successful.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that a customer was disappointed or unhappy about something and how you handled it.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director Supply Chain Interview

Director Supply Chain

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GridPoint in November 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long and drawn out. Had two phone interviews and two in-office interviews. With most interviewers I asked more questions about the company and the job than the interviews asked me.

Interview Question – Since the interviews asked very few questions there was not a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for a high salary to start with, you will probably get it.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GridPoint in March 2010.

Interview Details – Terrible Process from the start. Poor communications and lack of followup from HR. No references were contacted during the background check.

Interview Question – What has been your worst criticism?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GridPoint in June 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with Seth, and he asked me broad questions like "what has challenged you most?" and he asked me to describe some of the projects from my resume.

Later that week, he asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with Seth, and two of the lead software engineers. I was presented with questions including the following problems/questions (I'm paraphrasing):

"What is your favorite data structure, and why?"

"Convert a byte string of known length to a base64 string."

Some very basic questions about traversing a binary search tree.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite data structure, and why?   View Answer
  • Convert a byte string of known length to a base64 string.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GridPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GridPoint interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by GridPoint employees and interview candidates.