Gristede's Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gristede's Foods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. They took me into the office. Before asking me any questions, they took copies of my I.D and S.S card which basically made me feel like I was already hired. The lady asked me a few basic questions. She told me I had to fill out the real application online and then attend orientation. At orientation we filled out paperwork, watched some videos on how to handle customers, alcohol, etc. Then I was assigned my job location and manager and had to report there the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work here? Q: How would handle a difficult customer? Q: Explain a time where you were in a difficult situation   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy asked me 3 questions took copies of my I'd and social after that they sent me a email to a page where I completed some more paper work in order for me to get to the orientation and after I completed that they emailed me the day time and place where I was suppose go go for the orientation .... We had to watch like 6 movies than at the end of the orientation they gave me a paper with my location time and day that I start.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Did an interest application online for the cashier position. Received and E-mail saying they received my application and they will review it. A day or two later I received an e-mail with the address and time. When I got to the HR department I filled out a quick online application, stepped into the office, answered 3 questions and I was hired. She told me I will be hired at $8 an hour and after 60 days it goes up to 8.50 or 8.75 I cant remember exactly. Im actually writing this review and I have orientation in about 10 hours and 13 minutes. Its also paid so no complaints here. Needed the job and thank god I got it.

Interview Questions

• To be honest there is no question that was difficult to answer. Just try to look at it from an experienced worker point of view.   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview

It was an okay process.g

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for an interview, had to complete an extra online application on the spot, gave in paperwork, talked with the director of HR for 2 minutes, she took a picture of me, printed out an id, and I was hired.

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations. They told you that everyone started with minimum wage and everyone received a 25 cent raise every six months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Fairly simple, filled out papers, answered one or 2 questions, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were forced to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the first month you'll make 7.25 afterwards it'll go up to 7.50, and 10 cent raise per year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy, they basically hire you on the spot, they do ask questions, but easy to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You start at making 7.25 and then you join the union and get a quarter rise

Systems Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gristede's Foods (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

one interview, gave a full description of what I am capable of doing for the company and how it was going to help to take the company in to the future in becoming self contain by having their own IT department.

Interview Questions

• Trying to make the company understand how behind they were in technology.   Answer Question