Gristede's Foods Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in June 2014.

Did an interest application online for the cashier position. Received and E-mail saying they received my application and they will review it. A day or two later I received an e-mail with the address and time. When I got to the HR department I filled out a quick online application, stepped into the office, answered 3 questions and I was hired. She told me I will be hired at $8 an hour and after 60 days it goes up to 8.50 or 8.75 I cant remember exactly. Im actually writing this review and I have orientation in about 10 hours and 13 minutes. Its also paid so no complaints here. Needed the job and thank god I got it.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest there is no question that was difficult to answer. Just try to look at it from an experienced worker point of view.   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

It was an okay process.g

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Was called for an interview, had to complete an extra online application on the spot, gave in paperwork, talked with the director of HR for 2 minutes, she took a picture of me, printed out an id, and I was hired.

There wasn't any negotiations. They told you that everyone started with minimum wage and everyone received a 25 cent raise every six months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in April 2013.

Fairly simple, filled out papers, answered one or 2 questions, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were forced to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    For the first month you'll make 7.25 afterwards it'll go up to 7.50, and 10 cent raise per year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in September 2012.

Very easy, they basically hire you on the spot, they do ask questions, but easy to answer.

You start at making 7.25 and then you join the union and get a quarter rise

Systems Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in March 2008.

one interview, gave a full description of what I am capable of doing for the company and how it was going to help to take the company in to the future in becoming self contain by having their own IT department.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to make the company understand how behind they were in technology.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gristede's Foods

Worked for Gristede's Foods? Contribute to the Community!