Gristede's Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in June 2014.

Interview Details – Did an interest application online for the cashier position. Received and E-mail saying they received my application and they will review it. A day or two later I received an e-mail with the address and time. When I got to the HR department I filled out a quick online application, stepped into the office, answered 3 questions and I was hired. She told me I will be hired at $8 an hour and after 60 days it goes up to 8.50 or 8.75 I cant remember exactly. Im actually writing this review and I have orientation in about 10 hours and 13 minutes. Its also paid so no complaints here. Needed the job and thank god I got it.

Interview Question – To be honest there is no question that was difficult to answer. Just try to look at it from an experienced worker point of view.   Answer Question

General Clerk

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview Details – It was an okay process.g

Interview Question – Why would I want to work for the company   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gristede's Foods.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview, had to complete an extra online application on the spot, gave in paperwork, talked with the director of HR for 2 minutes, she took a picture of me, printed out an id, and I was hired.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiations. They told you that everyone started with minimum wage and everyone received a 25 cent raise every six months.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in April 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly simple, filled out papers, answered one or 2 questions, hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Name a time you were forced to deal with a difficult situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the first month you'll make 7.25 afterwards it'll go up to 7.50, and 10 cent raise per year.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, they basically hire you on the spot, they do ask questions, but easy to answer.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You start at making 7.25 and then you join the union and get a quarter rise

Systems Support Interview

Systems Support
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gristede's Foods in March 2008.

Interview Details – one interview, gave a full description of what I am capable of doing for the company and how it was going to help to take the company in to the future in becoming self contain by having their own IT department.

Interview Question – Trying to make the company understand how behind they were in technology.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gristede's Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gristede's Foods interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gristede's Foods employees and interview candidates.