Grocers Supply Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.7

Route Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grocers Supply.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Route Supervisor. Once I got in to the interview, the Routing Manager told me that HR screwed up and he felt it was actually a routing clerical position. I questioned HR after he was out of the room, it was definitely a Supervisor position. The Manager has issues with women and did not want a female supervisor in his department. I initially interviewed with HR, and while in the interview with them, they called the Routing Manager to come in to do his interview (which he laughed at my resume as he read it out loud). While in the interview with the Routing Manager, he called the Transportation Director for her to interview...so it was 3 back to back interviews. Once done with the Director, they had me sit in the break room while the Manager and Director talked. 5 minutes later, the Routing Manager came in and said, "Well...you got the job." I told him I would like to go home and discuss it with my husband first, and he looked at me like I was crazy, saying, "why? just tell him you got the job." Multiple times during the interview they made it clear that they do not expect their employees to do any thinking on their own. If you have a problem escalate it to senior management and let them fix the problem. I told the Routing Manager that I was chairing a national convention (that I had known about for 3 years at this point) in 3 months, and he looked at me and asked, "What's more important to you - this job or that convention?" Needless to say, he would not allow me to take off for the convention.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any supervisor experience?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Went through three Interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You get an offer letter stating you salary and position details.

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met HR at job fair and they contacted me a month later to see if I was interested. Interview was with warehouse manager. Questions were based on the assessment I completed. A lot of tell me about a time questions. No surprises. Interview and tour lasted about 2.5 hours.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX).

Interview

Consisted of Initial phone call asking if still interested in position/asking to take online Excel Test. Called into panel interview, which was mostly laid back. They spent like 20 minutes telling me about the company, benefits, position, etc.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I went through 4 telephone interviews before I was invited to interview with the local terminal manager. Two weeks after my interview with the local manager, I was invited to go to the corporate office in Houston for an interview. The visit to Houston was an all day affair, interviewing with five different people. The one interview question that was pounded home repeatedly by all the interviewers was, "What would you do if a driver refused to take a load?" It certainly gives the impression they have problems with their drivers refusing to take loads. They also conveyed that one can expect to be extremely micromanaged, and that you should never under any circumstances make any decisions on your own. The answer to problem resolution, no matter how small the problem, seemed to be escalating it to senior management. It seemed to be all about control. Good place to work for someone who prefers others to do their thinking for them!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a driver refused to haul a load?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you realized you were not going to be able to make a scheduled pick-up or delivery?   1 Answer

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

the intial interview was a very rushed read over of your resume with an HR rep. they hit the highlights of your resume to see if you meet the basic qualifications. The second follow up interview takes the ckae. It is a panel interview with an HR rep and the director or the department you are applying to, simple enough. The interview starts with generic questions like why do you want to leave your present employer and then proceeds to sitational questions about the work enviornment. When i told them my mangerial style was a decision maker , analyzer and a people oriented leader it was dismaissed. The position seems like they want a glorified dok worker who lacks vision or ability to offer new insights. they are looking for people to follow a defined script to work for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee who will not do what you ask them to?   Answer Question

Buyer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grocers Supply (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied with a staffing agency and then they called me to start the very next day without an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer through phone

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grocers Supply in December 2009.

Interview

Pretty comical, as the HR people did not have the experience with in-person interviews. I easily took over the interview. The VP of HR interview was weird, but she told me alot about her philosophy on life.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't give much up front, but you can ask for a lot more, as long as you have some good basis