Grocers Supply

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Grocers Supply

Interview Details – Went through three Interviews.

Interview Question – How would you react to insubordination?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You get an offer letter stating you salary and position details.

Very Easy Interview

Buyer Assistant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Grocers Supply in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied with a staffing agency and then they called me to start the very next day without an interview.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received an offer through phone

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grocers Supply.

Interview Details – Met HR at job fair and they contacted me a month later to see if I was interested. Interview was with warehouse manager. Questions were based on the assessment I completed. A lot of tell me about a time questions. No surprises. Interview and tour lasted about 2.5 hours.

Interview Question – None. Pretty general questions on experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Grocers Supply.

Interview Details – Consisted of Initial phone call asking if still interested in position/asking to take online Excel Test. Called into panel interview, which was mostly laid back. They spent like 20 minutes telling me about the company, benefits, position, etc.

Interview Question – Strongest qualities.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Grocers Supply in February 2011.

Interview Details – I went through 4 telephone interviews before I was invited to interview with the local terminal manager. Two weeks after my interview with the local manager, I was invited to go to the corporate office in Houston for an interview. The visit to Houston was an all day affair, interviewing with five different people.

The one interview question that was pounded home repeatedly by all the interviewers was, "What would you do if a driver refused to take a load?" It certainly gives the impression they have problems with their drivers refusing to take loads. They also conveyed that one can expect to be extremely micromanaged, and that you should never under any circumstances make any decisions on your own. The answer to problem resolution, no matter how small the problem, seemed to be escalating it to senior management. It seemed to be all about control. Good place to work for someone who prefers others to do their thinking for them!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a driver refused to haul a load?   View Answer
  • What would you do if you realized you were not going to be able to make a scheduled pick-up or delivery?   View Answer

Traffic Manager Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grocers Supply in July 2010.

Interview Details – the intial interview was a very rushed read over of your resume with an HR rep. they hit the highlights of your resume to see if you meet the basic qualifications. The second follow up interview takes the ckae. It is a panel interview with an HR rep and the director or the department you are applying to, simple enough. The interview starts with generic questions like why do you want to leave your present employer and then proceeds to sitational questions about the work enviornment. When i told them my mangerial style was a decision maker , analyzer and a people oriented leader it was dismaissed. The position seems like they want a glorified dok worker who lacks vision or ability to offer new insights. they are looking for people to follow a defined script to work for them.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an employee who will not do what you ask them to?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grocers Supply in December 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty comical, as the HR people did not have the experience with in-person interviews. I easily took over the interview. The VP of HR interview was weird, but she told me alot about her philosophy on life.

Interview Question – What do you know about Grocers Supply?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't give much up front, but you can ask for a lot more, as long as you have some good basis

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Grocers Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grocers Supply interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Grocers Supply employees and interview candidates.