Groendyke Transport

2.8

Gas Hauler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in October 2014.

The interview was an overview of my application as well a review of a personality test, also pay was discussed, tm told me to go home and think about it and give him a call the following day, gave him a call the next day saying i was all in for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did i have periods of unemployment?   View Answer
    There was nothing to negotiate, details of the pay were discussed in interview

Dispatch Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groendyke Transport.

All and all interview went well. Described the job and hours and that it was a salary position. Met with two employee's during the interview process that took about 25 minutes.

Driver Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Groendyke Transport.

Thorough interview

Interview Questions
    • If you have had an accident, what did you learn from it?
      Do you drive defensively, or do you also drive to protect the public?
      If you are not charged for an accident, could you still have helped to prevent it?

Answer Question

Class A CDL Driver/HazMat-Tanker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in April 2013.

Very simple hiring process. Apply online through their website. A day later, you get a reply, telling you they have received your application. If everything is OK, you will get a call a couple days after that. If you are qualified for the job, the whole process takes less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • There are no specific questions to the application. When interviewing later on, you need to demonstrate a good work ethic, and a respect for safety   Answer Question
    Very simple, and friendly.

Commercial Hazmat Tanker Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in March 2013.

There was a three part process,very in depth. Once i had the opportunity to interview it was very relaxing and rewarding. I really felt like i belonged to something and not just another money maker for the company.

Interview Questions
    • They quized my knowledge on hazmat and quickly understood that i was new to the fuel industry,so they adjusted and trained me for 5 weeks and i can honestly say i am thankful for the training.   Answer Question
    It was simple, they explained my pay during the training and after training what it would be and im telling you i make really good money and have never been misled, if you are thinking of joining Groendyke dont waste another second...DO IT!!!!

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in July 2012.

No not having any experience with the transprtation business, I heard and add on the radio for a dispatcher. I turned my Resume in at 10:00 am on a Tuesday and by 11:00 am, the Assistant Terminal was calling for an Interview. I came in that day to a clean and well kept establishment. the first impression of Groendyke was WOW. The interview lasted about an hour, and within a month I was in the Transporation Industry.

Interview Questions
    • The ATM asked me to explain ant my last job what was the most uncomfortable situation I had ever been in. I was previously in the customer service industry. I told him the story of how I was confronted by a customer who didnt think that hygene and personal care were an issue and that alchohol are all a good idea at once. Telling a stranger that specific story is rather embarrasing, especially when it is a stranger or your soon to be new boss.   Answer Question
    It went better than I expected. I told my bosses that with not having any experience I was worth a lot due to other criteria. I told them the amount that I would have to have in order to work here and they agreed. Overall a very easy transition.

Petroleum Dispatch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in June 2012.

Spoke initially on the phone in DEC 2011, had just taken another position. Asked Kirk to keep me in mind for future opportunities. Kirk contacted me again in June 2012, and the timing was right. Came in for sit down interview with Kirk and Marty. Everything seemd to be a good fit, and a position was offered and accepted.
    Management was professional and detailed in job requirements and expectations. Facility was clean and inviting. Personnel were welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Was a little put off initially with the Personality Test, but now it makes more sense to me   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. Would have rather not been forced to utilize Temp Agency, but after discussing in interview, understand why the option is used

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Groendyke Transport in May 2012.

A Longview dispatcher position was posted online and I applied the very day it appeared. I had a very informal interview with the terminal manager several weeks later; in fact, I didn't even know it was an interview! Turns out, because I didn't want to avail myself to "move around" after being hired for the dispatch position, I was dropped as a candidate. The terminal manager kept holding over my head the reason I was not hired was because something the Regional Manager overheard me saying to the fellow dispatcher, but after further questioning, I learned he actually had not said anything of the sort.

I had been working in dispatch about five months as a helper when the position was posted. However, the person they hired had no experience in long haul dispatch.

Was I a little bitter? You bet. But I try to be upbeat.

Interview Questions
    • After being hired as a full-time dispatcher in Longview, would you have a problem with going to other terminals needing help with dispatch?   View Answer

Groendyke Transport Response

Mar 20, 2013Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions. I spoke with Holly McCormick, our Recruitment and Retention Manager and she would be happy to speak with you about your situation ... More

Class A CDL Driver/HazMat Tanker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce City, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce City, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groendyke Transport in July 2010.

Expedited, and efficient

Fuel Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Groendyke Transport in June 2009.

There was 1 interview. It was with the terminal manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe you previous driving experience.   View Answer
    There was not any negotiation. I was told the pay scale and had the choice to accept or decline.