Group 1 Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.2

New Car Sales and Leasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

After apply for position online, I was contacted about a week later. There was one interview with the sales manager. I was then instructed to fill out a paper resume with more info. I was then asked to take a hair drug test at a local medical facility. After returning with proof of testing from the medical center, I was again interviewed before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you've had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX).

Interview

A recruiter called and asked if was interested in interviewing with them and set up a time for me to come. There was only one interview, but with 4 different people. Nothing was too difficult. Everyone was really nice during the interviewing process. Basically, asked me to go over my resume.
    The following week my recruiter called me to let me know that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Clear Lake, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I sat down, we had some good conversations. I have had previous experience in the automotive service field. He liked that I had a good background for the position. One interview and he said I have the job if I would like it.

The people there are really friendly! And environment is clean and very professional!

Interview Questions

• What was the work flow like? Appointments and walk-ins.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, there's only one pay plan with bonuses.

Finance & Insurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX).

Interview

Group 1 is pleasant to interview with. They don't do 'textbook' and overbearing type interview questions during the interview process which I believe to be a very smart move. They are not softies and they are looking for people who will be successful, but they allow you to be yourself and recognize that different personalities attract and compliment the different clients that come through the door. So just take a breath, look sharp, be your best professional self and don't overthink it. They are good people and are not looking to see how you handle a question thrown out of left field as their basis to determine whether or not you will cut it in this business.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive.

Interview

The head of the department is the one whose usually hire. After your face to face interview, if you passed the interview, he sends you right away to the HR department when you will do your paperwork. The hiring process is not complete unless you pass the drug test and you pay for your sales license.

Negotiation

No negotiation, they don't even tell you what is the pay plan

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive.

Interview

One 15 minute interview with a group 1 executive.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly conversational and informational in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the initial pay plan offered to me with the promise that I would advance quickly. They kept that promise.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with all the managers, asked questions about sales experience and what I could bring to the company. Really interesting to see how most the managers there moved up within the company by starting as a salesman.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview went great. Had first and second interview the same day.

Negotiation

Have to pass hiring process. Hair sample, DMV check, and pass HR process.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in June 2012.

Interview

Get called by head office

Inventory Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group 1 Automotive in March 2012.

Interview

During the interview process you will be told things that are not true . I think the only truth was the salary but of course you hold you will get an increase but you don't

Negotiation

Think about what they tell you about closeout it's not the truth it's the worst