Group 1 Automotive

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance & Insurance Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive.

Interview Details – Group 1 is pleasant to interview with. They don't do 'textbook' and overbearing type interview questions during the interview process which I believe to be a very smart move. They are not softies and they are looking for people who will be successful, but they allow you to be yourself and recognize that different personalities attract and compliment the different clients that come through the door. So just take a breath, look sharp, be your best professional self and don't overthink it. They are good people and are not looking to see how you handle a question thrown out of left field as their basis to determine whether or not you will cut it in this business.

Interview Question – None that I can think of.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive.

Interview Details – The head of the department is the one whose usually hire. After your face to face interview, if you passed the interview, he sends you right away to the HR department when you will do your paperwork. The hiring process is not complete unless you pass the drug test and you pay for your sales license.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they don't even tell you what is the pay plan

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive.

Interview Details – One 15 minute interview with a group 1 executive.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly conversational and informational in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the initial pay plan offered to me with the promise that I would advance quickly. They kept that promise.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in June 2012.

Interview Details – Get called by head office

Billing Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went great. Had first and second interview the same day.

Negotiation Details – Have to pass hiring process. Hair sample, DMV check, and pass HR process.

Management Program Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had the worst interviewing experience!! While an undergrad, I applied for the position. I had a successful phone interview, a face to face interview with this company. I was told I would hear something from HR within a week. About a week passed and still nothing so I decided to call her. She informed me they were still conducted interviews and I should hear something soon. About a week went by and I still hadn't heard from her so I called again! She informed I was a candidate for a 3rd interview and i would be required to take a drug test. She also said I would receive an email underlying the detailed information that day, I didn’t receive anything! I called back about a week later and to my surprise nothing, I left numerous messages. On top of that, the front desk rep was rude . The next day she responded to me in an email that I was no longer a candidate and the THREE positions have been filed!!!! This company was a waste of my time and money. In my opinion they knew they weren’t going to hire me in the first place. The company just needed more women to apply to the program for whatever records and to continue receiving gov. grants!!!

Interview Question – what does success mean to you   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewers were friendly. They primarily looked over my resume and asked about previous internships and asked about what exactly I did and contributed at those jobs. Initial communications were prompt and professional, contacted through an employee reference. As the internship was in the Corporate Accounting department, they also asked about knowledge of accounting rules & procedures.

Interview Question – What issues does our company have with Corporate Accounting?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview took by hr manager. The face to face interveiw was taken by audit manager. Did not get a call yet

Interview Question – Why you wana choose audit field ?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was normal as any other interviews. The manager preferred if their employees talked more often in the intersite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations was available.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Group 1 Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Group 1 Automotive interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Group 1 Automotive employees and interview candidates.