Group Commerce Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Group Commerce

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Group Commerce (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a phone interview, lasting about half an hour. Generally it is a little bit difficult if you do not have any web application development experience. It's all about the Java 2 Enterprice Edition, Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, Database and so forth. Also, the interview included some basic programming skills like what is polymorphism in java.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Group Commerce.

Interview

One phone screen with two people. A couple days later was asked to come in; there I interviewed with 5 different individuals including the VP Engineering and CTO. I was given my first offer 2 days after that. It look a little more than a week to negotiate the final terms of me accepting the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve scaling issues with Amazon Web Services mutli-region / multi-az support. I'd never worked with AWS before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my requirements. They came back with an offer that was lower, and we negotiated on bonus, equity (not much room there), and responsilbilities.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group Commerce in September 2011.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with HR and was invited to their office. 1x1s were conducted with both HR and hiring manager. Questions like, "how would you handle a tough situation" and "how would you handle working with..." were asked. Overall a positive experience, but HR attention to candidates (being on-time and answering the phone) @ GC needs to be better.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group Commerce in July 2011.

Interview

This was one of the best interview processes that I've ever experienced. HR and the hiring manager were very thorough, succinct, professional and moved the interview & hiring process along very efficiently. I could tell from the first interaction with the recruiting team and hiring manager that they're all very seasoned and experienced recruiters. After accepting the offer letter, they were also extremely efficient about training as well as getting benefits set up. They were top notch throughout the entire process. Glad to be a part of such a great team!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I found them to be very fair and approachable in the negotiation process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group Commerce in November 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the CTO and then onsite interviews with a few engineers. The interviews were well-paced and mainly technical. We covered many topics including: OOP, C# specifics, ASP.NET MVC specifics, SQL, memory management, inheritance, design patterns and ORMs. The interviewers were good about asking what things I thought I knew, and then digging into those areas. If I told them I didn't know much about an area, they simply moved on to something else.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bit. After the initial offer came back I discussed it with the CTO and we came to an agreement. The negotiation consisted of 1 phone call, and I visited him at the GC office again.