Group Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.9

Supervisor Interview

HR phone interview, management face to face sometimes panel interview the whole process took three weeks from the initial call to first email, than first call, second call, in person interview and than another second interview follow by panel interview

Account Specialist Interview

Met with hiring Manager and fellow staff members. Two round of interviews but took a long time to get to interview. HR pre-interview was very flat and not well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Medicare and Market Specific questions which was beyond my current experience.   Answer Question
    None, I was told the salary and there was no changing.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Group Health.

lengthy on boarding process, ceo gave presentation which was great, However little opportunity for professional growth once hired as it is a real production line type management style even with their recently touted LEAN techniques

no negotiation

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Group Health in June 2014.

I applied online and was called the very next day to schedule a phone interview. After passing the screening process, I took a typing test and then did a 1:1 interview with two managers. The entire process took about a week.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Group Health in April 2014.

I was contacted a couple of weeks following my application, and had a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted approximately an hour. The interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions, but we also covered work history and compensation requirements. Following my phone interview, I did not hear back for a couple of weeks. When I did hear back, I was asked to come on-site to interview. I met with the Director of Talent Acquisition, and a panel of recruiters. The interview experience was fairly similar to my phone interview with a series of behavioral questions. The panel interview with the recruiters was particularly negative, and while they did express that they enjoyed their work and learned a lot, they were stretched thin and extremely limited on resources. Following my on-site, I went two more weeks before hearing anything back. I was then requested to come back on-site to meet with the SAME Director of Talent Acquisition as well as the recruiter I originally had a phone interview with. While I was still interested in the position, I was a little frustrated that I had to take more time out of my work schedule to come back on-site to meet with people I had already interviewed with. If follow-up questions were needed, surely they could have done this over the phone. Following my final interview, I had to provide references, and then was extended an offer. The offer was below what I was making at that time (keep in mind I had discussed what I was making and what I expected to make during my original phone interview), and I was told that “that’s what they felt I was worth.” I politely declined the offer, and then was asked what it would take to get me in the door. The recruiter asked if I would be interested in reconsidering the offer if she was able to give me a slight bump in my salary, and a sign on bonus. I let her know I would be willing to consider what they had to offer and she told me she would call me back the next day to let me know about the counter offer. I NEVER heard back! I was already frustrated with the lack of professionalism throughout the entire interview process and had other interviews in the works, so I let it go. Thinking it could not get any worse, I received a REJECTION letter two months later stating that they had “selected another candidate who best meets our current needs!” I was shocked. Not only was the entire interview process disconnected and extremely unprofessional, but their recruiter couldn’t even take the time to properly disposition me in their applicant tracking system. One would think that when interviewing recruiters, they would take special care to make sure the process is flawless because the candidate is someone that fully understands the process. Candidate experience is so important to draw top talent. It’s a shame such an outstanding company is represented so poorly.

Bad interview experience and compensation lower than what I was making at the time

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Group Health.

Interview in person, followed by a phone call with job offer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Group Health in March 2014.

I applied for the position via the company's career page at their website. I received a phone call from the hiring manager approximately two weeks later requesting to schedule a phone interview, which occurred a few days later. The phone interview seemed to go well. It was focused mostly on my past career experience relative to the demands of the position. It was informative and straight forward. At the end of the 45 minute phone interview I was told I would hear back from the same hiring manager "in a week or so". That was a month ago now, and I have not heard a peep. I view the lack of response as lacking in professional etiquette. Unfortunately, such behavior is all too common in today's business world.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult. For example, Why are you interested in the position? What are your career goals? What experience do you have with process documentation?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Group Health.

It helps if you know someone who works at Group Health to spread the word about your skills. Focus on patient customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker or supervisor and how you handled the problem.   View Answer
    They told me what I was getting and I had no objections!

Lean Consultant Interview

Used behavioral interviewing questions. Panel interview.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Group Health in September 2013.

I started my application process in mid August, 2013 by applying online. I believe I found the position originally listed on Indeed.com. A few weeks passed and in early September I was contacted by HR and went through a typical HR screening call, where I also found out more about the position. A couple of weeks later I was called for a first on-site interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I inquired as to next steps and was told if I was selected as one of the finalists (they were picking top two), I would get a call back. A couple of weeks passed, and I was selected for a 2nd on-site interview - this was two (mini) panel type interviews. One was with the hiring manager and executive director, and the other was with the hiring manager and the rest of the team. The hiring manager was traveling as well, so this extended the process a little bit, but nothing bad and they were very up front and clear about everything. I followed up after the hiring manager's travel concluded - at this point I was informed a decision would be made within a couple of days. True to their word, I believe it was the very next day I had a call from the hiring manager letting me know the decision, followed by a call and an e-mail from HR with the written offer. Start to finish it took something like 10 weeks from application to job offer - likely longer than normal due to scheduling conflicts and travel. HR and everyone involved had wonderful, clear communication and all kept me in the loop, up to date with everything. Overall it was an extremely pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What are some types of SSH authentication?   View Answer
    • Is database normalization always a good thing?   View Answer
    Base salary negotiation basically took place during the HR screening call. We set expectations (what I expected versus what Group Health expected), found a good range that all were comfortable with and continued the hiring process. Once I completed all interviews, I was given a formal written offer at the top of the range previously discussed. Most other details were pretty set in stone such as vacation days, holidays etc. I inquired about telecommuting, and that is something we will evaluate over time.
    Overall, negotiation is straight forward - they don't want to waste your time, and you shouldn't waste theirs. They are flexible in some areas and rigid in others. When you're on with the HR screening call, the range you suggest should be backed by research (fair market value) and your fit for the position (as well as you can judge it at this point).

Worked for Group Health? Contribute to the Community!