Group Health

Group Health Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Group Health in December 2014.

Applied online, was granted a telephone interview. Person conducting phone interview was just going thru the motions, obviously had already filled or was close to filling position. Questions seemed very random and were asked too rapidly.

Interview Questions
    • After so long at the same company, how do you plan to build new relationships at a new company?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

HR phone interview, management face to face sometimes panel interview the whole process took three weeks from the initial call to first email, than first call, second call, in person interview and than another second interview follow by panel interview

Account Specialist Interview

Met with hiring Manager and fellow staff members. Two round of interviews but took a long time to get to interview. HR pre-interview was very flat and not well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Medicare and Market Specific questions which was beyond my current experience.   Answer Question
    None, I was told the salary and there was no changing.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Group Health.

lengthy on boarding process, ceo gave presentation which was great, However little opportunity for professional growth once hired as it is a real production line type management style even with their recently touted LEAN techniques

no negotiation

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Group Health in June 2014.

I applied online and was called the very next day to schedule a phone interview. After passing the screening process, I took a typing test and then did a 1:1 interview with two managers. The entire process took about a week.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Group Health in April 2014.

I was contacted a couple of weeks following my application, and had a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted approximately an hour. The interview consisted mostly of behavioral questions, but we also covered work history and compensation requirements. Following my phone interview, I did not hear back for a couple of weeks. When I did hear back, I was asked to come on-site to interview. I met with the Director of Talent Acquisition, and a panel of recruiters. The interview experience was fairly similar to my phone interview with a series of behavioral questions. The panel interview with the recruiters was particularly negative, and while they did express that they enjoyed their work and learned a lot, they were stretched thin and extremely limited on resources. Following my on-site, I went two more weeks before hearing anything back. I was then requested to come back on-site to meet with the SAME Director of Talent Acquisition as well as the recruiter I originally had a phone interview with. While I was still interested in the position, I was a little frustrated that I had to take more time out of my work schedule to come back on-site to meet with people I had already interviewed with. If follow-up questions were needed, surely they could have done this over the phone. Following my final interview, I had to provide references, and then was extended an offer. The offer was below what I was making at that time (keep in mind I had discussed what I was making and what I expected to make during my original phone interview), and I was told that “that’s what they felt I was worth.” I politely declined the offer, and then was asked what it would take to get me in the door. The recruiter asked if I would be interested in reconsidering the offer if she was able to give me a slight bump in my salary, and a sign on bonus. I let her know I would be willing to consider what they had to offer and she told me she would call me back the next day to let me know about the counter offer. I NEVER heard back! I was already frustrated with the lack of professionalism throughout the entire interview process and had other interviews in the works, so I let it go. Thinking it could not get any worse, I received a REJECTION letter two months later stating that they had “selected another candidate who best meets our current needs!” I was shocked. Not only was the entire interview process disconnected and extremely unprofessional, but their recruiter couldn’t even take the time to properly disposition me in their applicant tracking system. One would think that when interviewing recruiters, they would take special care to make sure the process is flawless because the candidate is someone that fully understands the process. Candidate experience is so important to draw top talent. It’s a shame such an outstanding company is represented so poorly.

Bad interview experience and compensation lower than what I was making at the time

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Group Health.

Interview in person, followed by a phone call with job offer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group Health in March 2014.

I applied for the position via the company's career page at their website. I received a phone call from the hiring manager approximately two weeks later requesting to schedule a phone interview, which occurred a few days later. The phone interview seemed to go well. It was focused mostly on my past career experience relative to the demands of the position. It was informative and straight forward. At the end of the 45 minute phone interview I was told I would hear back from the same hiring manager "in a week or so". That was a month ago now, and I have not heard a peep. I view the lack of response as lacking in professional etiquette. Unfortunately, such behavior is all too common in today's business world.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult. For example, Why are you interested in the position? What are your career goals? What experience do you have with process documentation?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Group Health.

It helps if you know someone who works at Group Health to spread the word about your skills. Focus on patient customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker or supervisor and how you handled the problem.   View Answer
    They told me what I was getting and I had no objections!

Lean Consultant Interview

Used behavioral interviewing questions. Panel interview.