Groupon Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

2.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in June 2010.

I was sat in a room and interviewed 1 on 1 with three different current employees as a rotation based interview. Each one asked me standard interview questions, and did not create a intimidating interview atmosphere which made the interview exactly what it should be, about a persons experience and personality.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think you're too green for this position?   View Answer
There was no negotiation phase as I was given a set salaried amount for my experience with endless commission opportunity.

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

First interview is a phone interview with recruiter. It's very general.
    Second interview is a phone interview with senior recruiter. More detailed and more info on job.
    Third interview is with multiple managers - behavioral questions, a slight role play, and further details on work history.

Interview Questions
    • If food costs are 33% of $20, then what is the dollar amount?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase. Every position has a designated salary - take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Groupon.

3 step process. Recruiter, hiring manager, and then VP of Sales. Mostly done via skype unless you live in Chicago

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to sell to a restaurant and know how to calculate margins.   Answer Question
    n/a

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Groupon in June 2012.

Interviewed with 3 people in this order - recruiter, sales manager, and regional vice president.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

3 Interviews - Phone - In Person - Phone

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in August 2013.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, after the initial phone interview I had to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. It didn't end up working out though, was not called back to interview in person

Interview Questions
    • They will have you give them a sample Groupon sales pitch.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Groupon.

They invited me out to an event for hiring where they provided food, and drink. There was then a follow up phone call where they invited me out to the office. Interviewed with one recruiter, then 3 managers. Very simple process, easy interview. They wooed me into the position, the job was great, I was prompted quickly.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was for $32,500, I negotiated to $35,000 (good thing I did because it takes 9 months to get that raise). The next level up is $45,000. A good sales person can negotiate right into $45,000

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2011.

Seamless, spoke with 3 different managers after initial phone interview. I was offered the position within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in December 2011.

Contacted the HR guy directly and sent my cover letter and resume. Thoroughly researched the company so I could name drop the hot topics in the news and in the industry. During my phone interview I name dropped 2 other successful reps I knew at Groupon. The in person interview was done by the HR guy and 2 hiring managers. One manager loved me and the other did not like me, so the HR guy called me back to do another phone interview with a different hiring manager. I was offered the job within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Getting past the hiring manager that did not like me and asking for another opportunity.   Answer Question
    No I did not negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Initial conversation with the internal recruiter, then another scheduled phone call with the same recruiter to talk more in depth about the opportunity. Then an interview with the Divisional Manager followed by interview with the VP of Sales. Four total conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Groupon is a young and hip company looking for smart individuals (or those who seem smart) with outgoing personalities. Didn't receive any unexpected questions, but make sure you sell yourself hard.   Answer Question
    They asked how much I was making and tried to offer something in that same range. I told them I was perfectly happy where I was and would not switch over unless it made financial sense. I gave them a specific amount I wanted and they countered with an offer that was 8% less but was still very competitive.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!