Groupon Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

very friendly, toured building then had 2 separate interviews, one via video chat. Took 90 minutes total. Was asked what seemed like some unrelated questions for the position but was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What my favorite app was on my phone and how you could make it better.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process Consisted of meeting a couple of the managers and being able to apply what you all ready now about Groupon.

It does take some time to go from each step.

Interview Questions

• May take a little time to get an answer about if you got the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero Negoatiation

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview with recruiter. It's very general.
    Second interview is a phone interview with senior recruiter. More detailed and more info on job.
    Third interview is with multiple managers - behavioral questions, a slight role play, and further details on work history.

Interview Questions

• If food costs are 33% of $20, then what is the dollar amount?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Every position has a designated salary - take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

3 step process. Recruiter, hiring manager, and then VP of Sales. Mostly done via skype unless you live in Chicago

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to sell to a restaurant and know how to calculate margins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

3 Interviews - Phone - In Person - Phone

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

They invited me out to an event for hiring where they provided food, and drink. There was then a follow up phone call where they invited me out to the office. Interviewed with one recruiter, then 3 managers. Very simple process, easy interview. They wooed me into the position, the job was great, I was prompted quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was for $32,500, I negotiated to $35,000 (good thing I did because it takes 9 months to get that raise). The next level up is $45,000. A good sales person can negotiate right into $45,000

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, after the initial phone interview I had to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. It didn't end up working out though, was not called back to interview in person

Interview Questions

• They will have you give them a sample Groupon sales pitch.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Initial conversation with the internal recruiter, then another scheduled phone call with the same recruiter to talk more in depth about the opportunity. Then an interview with the Divisional Manager followed by interview with the VP of Sales. Four total conversations.

Interview Questions

• Groupon is a young and hip company looking for smart individuals (or those who seem smart) with outgoing personalities. Didn't receive any unexpected questions, but make sure you sell yourself hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I was making and tried to offer something in that same range. I told them I was perfectly happy where I was and would not switch over unless it made financial sense. I gave them a specific amount I wanted and they countered with an offer that was 8% less but was still very competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty much a joke. If you can talk to a recruiter who knows nothing about what you do and can talk for 15 minutes without being a freak they will hire you. Then they will tell you everything you need to say to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not pay people based on experience, they pay all their sales people the same base salary.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

the interview process was nearly 6 weeks long and very repetitive. be ready for a role play at the end but nothing too unusual about the process - just lengthy

Negotiation

accepted 1st offer