Groupon Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed for Account Executive - Groupon Getaways The interview process was quick which was refreshing. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day or two of applying online. We set up a phone interview for the following Monday. The recruiter was very professional and easy to talk to, less sterile and scripted as some other phone screens I've experienced. At the end of the call she told me she would be advancing me for an in person interview and we set up a time for later that week. The in person interview started with a tour from another recruiter also friendly and professional. The offices are as impressive as they tout. Was put in a small conference room and given water unlike some of the negative reviews on here. Then a rotation began of 2 managers and 1 team lead. I felt like I hit it off with one manager but the other was stiff and the last talked so much about himself and the company I felt like I was interrupting every time I tried to converse, which is the whole point of an interview. Everyone had been there for 5 years or so which was encouraging that it's a positive work environment. They all asked basic questions about my experience and the position. Nothing odd of off hand worth noting. The original recruiter I spoke with came and walked me out and I left feeling overall positive about the experience. None of them gave a card so only sent a thank you to the recruiters which felt a little odd but I should have asked them for their emails or been more aggressive on this. Truthfully was still ambivalent about the position (Groupons future and the endless stream of negative feedback online of Groupon Getaways) and maybe it showed. Didn't hear back for a about a week, sent follow up email to recruiter. They called me the next day and said that it was a no go but they enjoyed meeting me and that we should stay in touch. It felt sincere but who knows. I just wish I had asked for more feedback on why.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this role?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable with solely phone communication with clients?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Groupon (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. She was very friendly made me feel comfortable, and asked if I would be interested in an in person interview. I agreed and met with the two managers seperatly for about 15 minutes a piece. Both were very nice, casual, and straight to the point with the job description and offer.

Interview Questions

• How would my current position help me excel at groupon as an account executive?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't made it that far yet.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

very friendly, toured building then had 2 separate interviews, one via video chat. Took 90 minutes total. Was asked what seemed like some unrelated questions for the position but was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What my favorite app was on my phone and how you could make it better.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process Consisted of meeting a couple of the managers and being able to apply what you all ready now about Groupon. It does take some time to go from each step.

Interview Questions

• May take a little time to get an answer about if you got the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zero Negoatiation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Met with 3 different people. Everyone seemed very young. I got a great vibe when I walked in, the people seemed excited to be there. The interview process was not hard for me b/c I think I had more experience than most applicants, so it included some "what can you bring to the table" type questions, but was mostly informative after that. If you have any sort of hospitality experience, they'll be very interested in you.

Interview Questions

The bonus potential was great, but the base pay was too low.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

First interview is a phone interview with recruiter. It's very general. Second interview is a phone interview with senior recruiter. More detailed and more info on job. Third interview is with multiple managers - behavioral questions, a slight role play, and further details on work history.

Interview Questions

• If food costs are 33% of $20, then what is the dollar amount?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Every position has a designated salary - take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

3 step process. Recruiter, hiring manager, and then VP of Sales. Mostly done via skype unless you live in Chicago

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to sell to a restaurant and know how to calculate margins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

3 Interviews - Phone - In Person - Phone

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

They invited me out to an event for hiring where they provided food, and drink. There was then a follow up phone call where they invited me out to the office. Interviewed with one recruiter, then 3 managers. Very simple process, easy interview. They wooed me into the position, the job was great, I was prompted quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was for $32,500, I negotiated to $35,000 (good thing I did because it takes 9 months to get that raise). The next level up is $45,000. A good sales person can negotiate right into $45,000

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, after the initial phone interview I had to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. It didn't end up working out though, was not called back to interview in person

Interview Questions

• They will have you give them a sample Groupon sales pitch.   Answer Question