Groupon

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – First interview is a phone interview with recruiter. It's very general.
Second interview is a phone interview with senior recruiter. More detailed and more info on job.
Third interview is with multiple managers - behavioral questions, a slight role play, and further details on work history.

Interview Question – If food costs are 33% of $20, then what is the dollar amount?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Every position has a designated salary - take it or leave it.

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – 3 step process. Recruiter, hiring manager, and then VP of Sales. Mostly done via skype unless you live in Chicago

Interview Question – Be prepared to sell to a restaurant and know how to calculate margins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Groupon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people in this order - recruiter, sales manager, and regional vice president.

Interview Question – Why do you believe in Groupon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews - Phone - In Person - Phone

Interview Question – Odd discounting percentages   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview, after the initial phone interview I had to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. It didn't end up working out though, was not called back to interview in person

Interview Question – They will have you give them a sample Groupon sales pitch.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – They invited me out to an event for hiring where they provided food, and drink. There was then a follow up phone call where they invited me out to the office. Interviewed with one recruiter, then 3 managers. Very simple process, easy interview. They wooed me into the position, the job was great, I was prompted quickly.

Interview Question – They will have you role play a Groupon Pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was for $32,500, I negotiated to $35,000 (good thing I did because it takes 9 months to get that raise). The next level up is $45,000. A good sales person can negotiate right into $45,000

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Seamless, spoke with 3 different managers after initial phone interview. I was offered the position within a week.

Interview Question – Role play as if you are in the position.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in December 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted the HR guy directly and sent my cover letter and resume. Thoroughly researched the company so I could name drop the hot topics in the news and in the industry. During my phone interview I name dropped 2 other successful reps I knew at Groupon. The in person interview was done by the HR guy and 2 hiring managers. One manager loved me and the other did not like me, so the HR guy called me back to do another phone interview with a different hiring manager. I was offered the job within 3 days.

Interview Question – Getting past the hiring manager that did not like me and asking for another opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I did not negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with the internal recruiter, then another scheduled phone call with the same recruiter to talk more in depth about the opportunity. Then an interview with the Divisional Manager followed by interview with the VP of Sales. Four total conversations.

Interview Question – Groupon is a young and hip company looking for smart individuals (or those who seem smart) with outgoing personalities. Didn't receive any unexpected questions, but make sure you sell yourself hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much I was making and tried to offer something in that same range. I told them I was perfectly happy where I was and would not switch over unless it made financial sense. I gave them a specific amount I wanted and they countered with an offer that was 8% less but was still very competitive.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – Pretty much a joke. If you can talk to a recruiter who knows nothing about what you do and can talk for 15 minutes without being a freak they will hire you. Then they will tell you everything you need to say to be hired.

Interview Question – How do you sell Groupon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not pay people based on experience, they pay all their sales people the same base salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!

Groupon Videos

Groupon – Why Work for Us?

Who We are, How We Work We provide a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Groupon Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Groupon employees and interview candidates.