Groupon

Groupon Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter to set up a call. The recruiter was very friendly and described the role in full details. Then she asked me simple background questions to which I thought I gave pretty good answers. She said she was interviewing a couple of other candidates and would get back to me once she is done with them. But I have'nt heardb back from her for a week. After a couple of follow up emails she sent me a reply saying they chose to move forward with another candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for Groupon

Business Analyst Interview

Contacted by recruiter followed by phone interview with manager and then quick turnaround to onsite interview. Interviewed onsite by 5 people. They were typical fit interviews with several case questions sprinkled in. The team is friendly and seem genuinely excited about their work, although the one red flag I got was that there appears to be a lack of business process standardization resulting in frequent fire-drills and/or longer hours. Offer was made within a week, but declined due to better fit and benefits from other companies. Overall, a very positive interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in April 2013.

The hiring process generally moves very quickly - recruiters generally respond promptly to applications, and an HR phone screen usually follows. If all goes well, the candidate is invited into the office to interview with the team in question

Interview Questions
    • Generally, Groupon analyst interviews involve case studies that reflect the problems currently being solved within the team / organization as a whole and attempt to get a sense of analytical / technical / general logical reasoning ability, with some questions around cultural fit. Come prepared with information around the major revenue streams, processes and technologies being implemented here, all available in public filings.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was, and the whole process took about a week following the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in January 2012.

I was first sent an email saying that my resume had passed their initial disposal process, and would move to the second round where I would have a phone interview, then after the phone interview, I was told that I would receive an email 2 weeks later telling me if I had made it through that round. I then received the email and was told I did not make it past that round.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was why should we care about hiring you as opposed to other applicants   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Groupon in April 2012.

2 rounds of interview. 1st round will be group interview, you will need to make yourself outstanding among other interviewees by sharing your stories and experience in the past, telling the employer why you want to be with them.

2nd round will be personal interview, where you get to tell more about yourself and allow yourself to understand groupon more. Besides, share our your past working experience will be a credits, share it with passion because that show you are serious with your career and you are interested to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but you just need to be prepared of understand yourself very well and their company background too. Practice on how to get yourself outstanding with the others and what is so special about you that people want to hire you.   Answer Question