1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process at Groupon was perhaps one of the most genuine processes I've experienced. As a recruiter, I interview for a living. The team at Groupon treated me as a potential future in-law to their family, not only a future co-worker. They took the time to get to know me. To ask thought provoking questions and to sell me. Most companies on the upward swing in the silicon valley are young, cocky and focused solely on what THEY want. Not also on why a candidate might want to join. I left there feeling that the staff was not only genuine and kind but very motivated and intellectual.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't have a job description and only told you I needed an ETL engineer, what would you be looking for?   Answer Question
  • How would you sell us over our competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Genuine. The conversation was no nonsense. "What are you making?" "What would it take to get you to sign today?" Easy.