Groupon

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Groupon in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the recruiter was pretty basic. Standard interview questions from recruiter. Mainly behavior type questions. Interview lasted around 40 mins.

Interview Question – What would other coworkers say about your management style?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Wise questions and well answers. Until last interview the feedback was good from the recruitment manager. Suddenly they send you email after a week that you couldn't qualified the criteria.

Criteria is something that is set before the position is published not after the 6th Interview.

- 6 Interviews (4 technical with senior leads)
- 60 minutes each interview
- Took 1 month

Interview Question – Wise questions and well answers. Until last interview the feedback was excellent from the recruitment manager. Suddenly they send you email after a week that you couldn't qualified the criteria.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Groupon in April 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter found me from the Linkedin Connection, and I talked to a senior recruiter through the phone. He asked what is my expectation for the next position, and he would try to find a match with it. He is a very nice, professional guy, and walked through every single detail from beginning to the end of the whole interview/hiring process.
Two days later, I had another phone interview with project lead, then onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I am happy with the offer, so no negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Groupon

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!

Groupon Videos

Groupon – Why Work for Us?

Who We are, How We Work We provide a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Groupon Engineering interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Groupon employees and interview candidates.