Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.8

Product Designer Interview

1 Phone interview. Later 1 on-site interview: Started with tour of the company, design presentation. 4 back-to-back interviews with Product Manager, 2 designers, 1 director. There is also a small design test. Was quite exhausting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2014.

The process took a little longer for me, they said I would start in August and interviewed me in April. Turns out that I ended up starting in June. They asked me easy questions, like what motivated me, how I handle rejection, what I would say to a merchant with objections, etc. My in-person interview was fun, I loved the office and was welcomed by everyone. Was asked more difficult questions, but none that I did not know because I researched the company...know the CEO, but that should be a no-brainer...Heard back with an offer a day later!

No negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

Relaxed method, interview is about determining if the job is a right fit for you and if Groupon is right for you, they take anyone and take lots of college students who have little sales experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Groupon in August 2014.

Completed a 30 minute phone interview a week after applying online. I explained my past work experiences that were on my resume then the interviewer explained in full detail what the position consisted of. Very laid back conversation and was asked to come into the office at the end.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a time in a past work experience that I had to convince a buyer or merchant to buy the product I was pitching.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2014.

Phone interview, one on one, panel interview. Very basic questions. Must sell yourself. do homework on company before coming in for interview. they might ask math question. everyone is pretty laid back and friendly. come with the right attitude and they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    its not anything quick so be patient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in November 2013.

applied online, got a call 2 days a later with a recruiter. Scheduled an interview the following week. Came in spoke with 2 managers and the recruiter and got a call back the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. If you have sales experience maybe try? If not no chance because they will just hire someone else for the same price.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in November 2013.

Had an initial phone screen, which went pretty well. It was your typical phone screen. Then since I was interviewing from the west coast, I had two Skype interviews. They went pretty well and wanted to get to know me before they asked me situational questions. All in all, just be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Different sales situations and how you would handle them   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You have to take what they offer

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Groupon in September 2011.

My interview was really about culture and skills fit. Making sure I meshed with the upper mgmt team. There was no serious quant questions or deep dive into specific situations. Though keep in mind, I have been told that others were given much more stringent interviews. But the main concern was how I would fit in the Groupon ecosystem.

Negotiation was smooth and efficient.

Inbound Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2013.

They moved very quickly in the interview process. It was a matter of 2 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. The final interview was done over Skype and was very laid back. All people that I spoke with were super friendly and helpful. Not only did they make me feel at ease but they also made me feel like I was talking to a human, not someone reading questions off of a paper.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions that were unexpected. The normal interview questions but mostly just personality questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing about the offer was negotiable.

Senior Email Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

HR responded very fast, she contacted me 10 minutes after I submitted the application. And it took me 3 three days to talk to them via phone. Never heard anything back from them after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we do an A/B testing, how would you divide the population, like percentage-wise?   View Answer

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!