Groupon Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
367 interviews

2.8

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2014.

Phone interview, one on one, panel interview. Very basic questions. Must sell yourself. do homework on company before coming in for interview. they might ask math question. everyone is pretty laid back and friendly. come with the right attitude and they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    its not anything quick so be patient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in November 2013.

applied online, got a call 2 days a later with a recruiter. Scheduled an interview the following week. Came in spoke with 2 managers and the recruiter and got a call back the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. If you have sales experience maybe try? If not no chance because they will just hire someone else for the same price.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in November 2013.

Had an initial phone screen, which went pretty well. It was your typical phone screen. Then since I was interviewing from the west coast, I had two Skype interviews. They went pretty well and wanted to get to know me before they asked me situational questions. All in all, just be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Different sales situations and how you would handle them   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You have to take what they offer

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Groupon in September 2011.

My interview was really about culture and skills fit. Making sure I meshed with the upper mgmt team. There was no serious quant questions or deep dive into specific situations. Though keep in mind, I have been told that others were given much more stringent interviews. But the main concern was how I would fit in the Groupon ecosystem.

Negotiation was smooth and efficient.

Inbound Relationship Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2013.

They moved very quickly in the interview process. It was a matter of 2 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. The final interview was done over Skype and was very laid back. All people that I spoke with were super friendly and helpful. Not only did they make me feel at ease but they also made me feel like I was talking to a human, not someone reading questions off of a paper.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions that were unexpected. The normal interview questions but mostly just personality questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing about the offer was negotiable.

Senior Email Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

HR responded very fast, she contacted me 10 minutes after I submitted the application. And it took me 3 three days to talk to them via phone. Never heard anything back from them after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we do an A/B testing, how would you divide the population, like percentage-wise?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

The process went very quick and was easy if you are prepared. They ask all of the basic sales interview questions, what drives you, are you motivated my money, where do you see yourself going, why Groupon? In the second round they asked some simple math questions about percentages to see if you are quick on your feet. They may also ask you about a basic sales pitch. Overall they were very easy to talk to and it was an enjoyable experience. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, then interviewed with two managers and then another conversation with the recruiter when he offered the position. All together it took about two weeks but that was because I had some scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • The math questions totally stumped me, i was not expecting them and froze under the pressure.   Answer Question

The offer was too low for me. I am moving from another state and was hoping for more up front.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in February 2014.

Everyone involved was great. First I had 3 phone interviews, and the last two included programming online, where they could watch. After, they flew me out, and 5 people interviewed me for about 3.5 hours straight in person. They had the standard statistics/SQL/programming questions for the data scientist position and I really screwed up on a simple probability question. Despite that, they made me an offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I signed an NDA, so I can't give much details, but one interviewer asked me a very open ended question that involved how I would create/design/implement a certain algorithm from start to end.   View Answer

Better offer elsewhere. But this was a great second choice.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in April 2014.

I applied online, was contacted within 48 hours by a recruiter who set up a phone screen/interview which was pretty basic. We had a great chat, very real, very comfortable. They like people who are themselves and not in "interview" mode I think. He set up the next interview for 4 business days later, which I was told would be the last interview in the process. I got a tour of the office when I arrived by my recruiter, which is sweet, they're definitely a young group (think 20s and early thirties). Afterwards I met with one manager one on one who asked pretty hard performance questions. It took about 30 minutes. Then I met with another manager for half an hour, we had a more personality interview. My recruiter walked me out and said they'd contact me within the week if they needed another interview or had a decision after they all reviewed notes. Within 24 hours I received an offer. My biggest suggestion would be to be yourself and to be enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if I told you you didn't get the job   Answer Question
    no negotiation neccesary

Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Initial Recruiter contact, review resume and set up a follow up phone meeting.Next call is Recruiter questions and in depth resume review, set up follow up meeting. Recruiter interview prep.Nest is skype RVP Interview with questions and role play. Final is Senior RVP Interview with positive feedback on his interest. Finally recruiter calls with The Offer.

Interview Questions
    • In a nutshell, how would you currently expalin to a client what we do here at Groupon?   Answer Question
    little to no salary negotiation. Benefits are good and are avaiable the first day of the first month after training begins.

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!