Groupon

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Software Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

1. I ahd applied for a Mobile application development project.Firstly I got an phone screening call, they asked me abut my projects, why Groupon.
    2. Then there was a technical coding interview where the interviewer gave his brief background and then asked about mine, but was least bothered about my academic projects.He asked me few questions on Android like life cycle of android the then he asked me to write a code on a shared screen.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in February 2015.

Standard pattern: 30 min phone call discussing my background and why you want to get into sales, followed by an hour-long (2 x 30 min) interview at the company headquarters.

You clearly need to have an understanding of how Groupon works, and why it would be beneficial to a company. They want to know if you can easily explain how a company would make money, what the advantages are, and how you would handle a potential client that continues to say no.

Interview Questions
    • After a month on the job, will you be in the top 20%, the middle 60%, or the bottom 20%? What would you do if you were in the bottom 20%?   Answer Question

Inventory Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Was first emailed by HR to do a phone interview. Did an interview a day later and was asked basic interview questions. Like why do you want to work for groupon? Tell me about yourself? etc. I then scheduled a phone interview with the supervisor of the Getaways department. My interview with him was the next day. He asked me to explain my resume, why groupon? what made you apply for this position? etc. He said the HR woman would email me about further steps. She called me about 1 week later to tell me that the position had been filled and thanked me for my time and would keep me in mind for any future positions.

Interview Questions
    • The position is going through a change within the next month, where we will be using a completely different system. How does that make you feel?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Apply during campus career fair. Two rounds back to back interviews 45 min each. The first round went well, the engineer was friendly and the question was pretty easy. The engineer of the second round was not patient, seems not interested in anything I said. Didn’t solve the second question.

Interview Questions
    • String, int and map were encrypted in some rules. The question is to decrypt a string based on those rules and return a map. Should write helper functions and keep calling them as looping through the string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Groupon.

The interview process is pretty straight forward.
    Expect 1-2 phone interviews. I had one phone screen Questions around your projects, experience, standard algorithm questions.

Onsite Interview:
    Total 5 rounds. Each round is an hour. Nothing out of ordinary. One of the rounds will expect you to explain your projects in detail with whiteboard. One algorithms round. one round might be specific to the team and couple of design rounds.

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

I applied through their website, sent a resume and cover letter. Filled out additional online form about availability, and best interview time. Also they have you copy paste your typing speed. Easy interactive process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Groupon.

Applied through a career fair. First, received a call from recruiter which was asking about my resume and was very general. Second, I had a technical interview on coderpad (an interactive tool similar to hackerrank). The question was pretty easy but the interviewer was not that helpful. Later, I was called for a second interview with a team manager which was generally asking about my experiences and background.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in January 2015.

2 interviews the 1st was a simple over the phone interview!!! A recruiter just asked questions about me and my past job experiances and to get a feel for then she assigned me a date and time to come for a face interview at the face to face interview i took a simple cs dummy test and passed then i met with a hr mgr and he explained the job full out to me after that i met with a cr mgr and he proceeded with interviewing me his questions were fairly easy

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you came across a rude customer?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Before completing your online application, you had to write a mock email to a local business in order to persuade them to advertise with Groupon. This went well for me as I had gotten a call less than 24 hours later. We set up a phone interview for one week later. The phone interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years? All the questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Asked about passed experiences and some general questions. The questions are quite open, including character, and hobbies. Overall, it was very positive and nice experience. I wish that I have had more industrial experiences and less schooling! :) There may be other rounds of interviews and more technical. The interviewer was very nice and professional.