Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

typical questions nothing too out of the ordinary. whats your resume experience, tell us about yourself, why do you want to work here, what do you know about sales and whats your experience in sales very standard and be sure to know a lot about the company and position and do ur homewrk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter about a week later. Overall relatively easy interviews. I talked to two sale managers via Skype as I lived far away. There were some behavioral questions but really easy going and easy to talk to.

Other jobs.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Laid back interview. The hiring manager had on jeans and seemed more nervous than the interviewee. But once you all loosen up it almost seems like a coffee brunch amongst friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

In-person inter view was very unorganized, with several people in and out, seemingly unaware they had an interview that day. They had several people having to jump in with no information.

Interview Questions

• A mock sales call with a difficult potential client.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Groupon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Not aware of further process yet. Was asked to use a tool for coding. In that interviewer was able to see what I am typing. Made few mistakes while coding. Interviewer helped me in repairing them. Option to choose your favorite coding language.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Implement Queue using stacks. 3. Find first non-repeated character in a given string.   Answer Question

Staffing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Rushed and quick. The lady that phone interviewed me spoke a lot and was loud, and didn't ask me a lot of questions. I've had better phone interviews from other companies this week.

Interview Questions

• Questions on boolean strings sourcing, the manager didn't seem to know a lot about sourcing, so it was a weird interview   1 Answer

The role and career opportunity wasn't very clear. I had other interviews that I felt better about, so I decided to move forward with another company

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through a school program, so I submitted my resume through them, waited about a month and got an interview. Scheduled it with recruiting via email, went to Chicago headquarters and interviewed with four people at varying levels in the department. The interview itself took about two hours and I didn't see any of the office but the room I was interviewing in and the lobby. Heard back from them two weeks later.

Operations Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted via email by two different people in HR--one to ask my availability and another to schedule. I had one technical phone interview in which the interviewer seemed rushed and uninterested, then received a sympathetic 'continuing our search' message from HR the same day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you advised a business decision, any difficulties you had, and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When I arrived it was at least 7 other people in the lobby waiting to be interviewed as well. When it was my turn my name was card and I was led to the interview room. I interviewed with a woman and then with a man. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. I received a call back but I wasn't able to answer when the lady called and I was never able to reach her afterwards so I just assumed I didn't get offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me the day after I applied, I had about a 45 minute phone interview where they asked simple questions about my background and why I would want to work at Groupon. I was then invited in for an interview where I got a tour of the office and met with 2 different managers. The first person I talked to was harsh and aggressive, however, I think he was being that way to make sure I could handle the position. The second person I talked to was very helpful and we got a long very well. I left the interview feeling indecisive about the process but was offered a position the next morning.