Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to discuss the position. After the 30 min conversation it was decided that I come in to interview with 2 managers. (Before I go any further make sure that the recruiter is working in the same department as you're applying for.) I applied for a Sales role and the recruiter stated that she worked in a different department. Should've left the interview when she stated this. Managers asked basic sales questions. About work history. Waste of time.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Applied online on a Monday. They contacted me Tuesday for a phone interview which was Friday. Very basic resume questions. Had the inperson interview the following Thursday, got offered the job on Friday. Very laid back. I think most of the interview was me and my questions.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Talked to the recruiter at a career fair. They followed up next week asking me to schedule a meeting with them. The meeting consisted in two 45min interviews with a lot of technical questions. Haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Create two functions. One that converts the input into a string, and the second one should return the data to the original format. All characters, symbols and letters are valid.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Talked to them at campus recruiting event, they scheduled a screening interview 1 week after, and then an on site interview about 3 weeks after that. The process was pretty smooth; the recruiters were very busy but very pleasant and replied to questions quickly. On site, a couple of the interviewers gave coding questions that were not too bad (similar difficulty to processing strings) but I did get one intermmediate dynamic programming question. My solutions to the average difficulty ones worked, but were not optimal, and I didn't do well on the dynamic programming question. I wasn't too surprised when they contacted me a couple weeks later saying they were going to pass. Even though it was dissapointing, the engineers I talked to were all very pleasant throughout the process. If you want to intern or full time here, I would recommend doing practice problems until you're solutions are efficient and you can tackle some intermmediate-advanced problems. (I'd rate the interview as intermmediate difficulty, but glassdoor doesn't have an option for intermmediate, and I wouldn't say it was average)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon in October 2014.

I submitted my resume in campus job fair and was notified to attend a campus interview, and they asked some fundamental algorithm questions. After one week, they called me for on-site interview, it is a four-hour long interview, the interviewer came into the meeting room one by one without any rest. One manager and three developers, it went quite well, and rejected me in the next week

Interview Questions
    • Design a html and wrote html to get pictures from web server and showed them on the page   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Groupon in October 2014.

It was an on-campus interview on job fair.. Pretty like a hr interview. He asked almost everything on my resume.
    like:
    1. Tell me one improvement on one project you did.
    2. There is a term in my resume, he asked what did this mean.
        God, I did not neither.
    3. Tell me a project you did during your master period.
       not prepared. I named one, but lot mistakes.
    4. What do you know about groupon.
        I did not know groupon(gesus, it is so famouse.). I just saw a lot of people waiting in the line, I came here two. And I told the truth. Shame of me.

Interview Questions
    • 3. Tell me a project you did during your master period.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon in October 2014.

Thought interview went well. I was brought by a corporate recruiter and she took me on a tour of the office. Sat with the team leads and answered generic interview questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

One phone interview, one phone/online coding exercise, one in-person interview with 5 or 6 different people for 50 minutes/1 hour each without breaks. It was brutal and exhausting. All interview questions were code related, with every step of a 5 or 6 step process requiring me to write code that was actually functional (3 or 4 of the individual interviews) or pseudocode on a whiteboard, the exception being when we broke for lunch and that was riddles/brain teaser sort of thing. Exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was asking me to reimplement a hash class with arrays. Why would I ever do this? It's a base class with well understood functionality, and the actual implementation in any language would be highly optimized. I've heard the arguments about "testing the way you think about things" and I don't buy it, especially when you only have 50 minutes to do it. What about testing the way I'd actually write code every day?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Have a phone call and asked question about the basic data structure and searching and sorting problem. Not very difficult. Question like how to find the middle of a linkedlist. And ask question about the company itself.

Account Executive Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process Consisted of meeting a couple of the managers and being able to apply what you all ready now about Groupon.

It does take some time to go from each step.

Interview Questions
    • May take a little time to get an answer about if you got the job.   Answer Question
    Zero Negoatiation