Groupon

362 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inbound Relationship Manager Interview

Inbound Relationship Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in May 2013.

Interview Details – They moved very quickly in the interview process. It was a matter of 2 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. The final interview was done over Skype and was very laid back. All people that I spoke with were super friendly and helpful. Not only did they make me feel at ease but they also made me feel like I was talking to a human, not someone reading questions off of a paper.

Interview Question – There were really no questions that were unexpected. The normal interview questions but mostly just personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing about the offer was negotiable.

Senior Email Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Email Marketing Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

Interview Details – HR responded very fast, she contacted me 10 minutes after I submitted the application. And it took me 3 three days to talk to them via phone. Never heard anything back from them after the phone interview.

Interview Question – If we do an A/B testing, how would you divide the population, like percentage-wise?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process went very quick and was easy if you are prepared. They ask all of the basic sales interview questions, what drives you, are you motivated my money, where do you see yourself going, why Groupon? In the second round they asked some simple math questions about percentages to see if you are quick on your feet. They may also ask you about a basic sales pitch. Overall they were very easy to talk to and it was an enjoyable experience. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter, then interviewed with two managers and then another conversation with the recruiter when he offered the position. All together it took about two weeks but that was because I had some scheduling conflicts.

Interview Question – The math questions totally stumped me, i was not expecting them and froze under the pressure.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was too low for me. I am moving from another state and was hoping for more up front.

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in February 2014.

Interview Details – Everyone involved was great. First I had 3 phone interviews, and the last two included programming online, where they could watch. After, they flew me out, and 5 people interviewed me for about 3.5 hours straight in person. They had the standard statistics/SQL/programming questions for the data scientist position and I really screwed up on a simple probability question. Despite that, they made me an offer within 3 days.

Interview Question – I signed an NDA, so I can't give much details, but one interviewer asked me a very open ended question that involved how I would create/design/implement a certain algorithm from start to end.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere. But this was a great second choice.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted within 48 hours by a recruiter who set up a phone screen/interview which was pretty basic. We had a great chat, very real, very comfortable. They like people who are themselves and not in "interview" mode I think. He set up the next interview for 4 business days later, which I was told would be the last interview in the process. I got a tour of the office when I arrived by my recruiter, which is sweet, they're definitely a young group (think 20s and early thirties). Afterwards I met with one manager one on one who asked pretty hard performance questions. It took about 30 minutes. Then I met with another manager for half an hour, we had a more personality interview. My recruiter walked me out and said they'd contact me within the week if they needed another interview or had a decision after they all reviewed notes. Within 24 hours I received an offer. My biggest suggestion would be to be yourself and to be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – How would you respond if I told you you didn't get the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation neccesary

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – Initial Recruiter contact, review resume and set up a follow up phone meeting.Next call is Recruiter questions and in depth resume review, set up follow up meeting. Recruiter interview prep.Nest is skype RVP Interview with questions and role play. Final is Senior RVP Interview with positive feedback on his interest. Finally recruiter calls with The Offer.

Interview Question – In a nutshell, how would you currently expalin to a client what we do here at Groupon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – little to no salary negotiation. Benefits are good and are avaiable the first day of the first month after training begins.

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Outside Sales Account Executive
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in June 2013.

Interview Details – Took about a month or so.... 3-4 interviews- starting with the recruiter (2x's)- then the hiring manager, then the regional director. All of the interviews were via Skype as they're based in Chicago and am outside rep in another market. Many situational questions- what would you do__x_? What did you do__x__? How did you handle__x__?

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult- basic outside sales questions- situational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated pay via the recruiter to the regional director of sales.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in May 2014.

Interview Details – - I was referred by someone I went to college with that works at Groupon.
- A recruiter emailed me shortly after and set up a phone interview. It was just a screening asking about my resume/experience and why I wanted to work in sales at Groupon.
- We set up an in person interview at the Chicago office for a few days after the phone screen.
- I was greeted by a recruiter and they showed me the office and then set me in a room to wait for two sales managers to interview me.
- The interview was fairly simple. They pretty much asked me about my experience and why I wanted a career in sales. They didn't ask me anything about Groupon, which I was prepared for because I was told they ask a lot of questions about Groupon.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy going with a few different account managers coming in to make you feel comfortable. The office environment is very casual and young atmosphere that is great for younger generation. The hiring process took awhile with the recruiter who conducted the phone interview to be on the phone all of the time or out of the office when needed.

Interview Question – How would you sell a client on a Groupon offer?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – Seemingly simple interview. Applied online and received an e-mail to set up a phone interview within the next week. Phone interview went really smooth. The person I talked to was very relatable and very laid back. They ask a lot of questions of why sales. They want to know why you chose that career path and where you think it'll take you.

Very fun interview, felt extremely comfortable, repetitive on their fun work culture.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in sales?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sales isn't the role for me

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!