Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Was basically a conversation, no technical questions or sales scenarios. They didn't pry to much into experiences either. Almost felt like a rush event for a sorority, just wanted to see if I would fit in with the culture. As long as you mention liking money you get hired, even though once you get hired you come to realize no one who started after 2012 makes any sort of money here. At least you will learn a lot. Almost good to think of this place as an extension of your college education.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and took about 2 weeks. I first set up an phone call with the recruiter which went really well. She was very nice asked me about my current job and my interest in Groupon. After that I then was scheduled for an in person interview with two of the Sales managers. It was very unorganized and the people who I was originally supposed to see ended up having meetings and they just grabbed two other Sales managers on the fly to interview me. They clearly just wanted to hurry up and be done with it because one of them especially kept looking at his watch like he had no interest in being there or really getting to know me. I felt it was a waste of time. Would not recommend this company.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

The HR process moved quickly but the organization is so fragmented in its culture and work ethic that they "forget" to attend an interview meeting. They are always late to meetings and do not provide immediate or timely feedback. This is not a professional workplace, I would probably call this an ad-hoc revolving door.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

There are 2 phone screenings. The first person was, ok, the second one had a heavy Chinese accent I could barely understand a word. He also seemed rather rude even though I found the solution.

HR is a mess -- for the first attempt to setup the phone screening, the coordinator was supposed to confirm the date & time but instead she "went out of town". She apologized and and eventually setup both interviews. However after the second interview they decided to ignore me. I haven't heard from them in 7+ days so I turned them down. Very unprofessional, I would not recommend applying for any job there.

Interview Questions

• Implement a stack using a queue.   Answer Question
    • Now implement a queue using a stack.   Answer Question
    • You have an unsorted list of consecutive integers. One of them is missing, find it. Write test cases for it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the customer service representative online on indeed.com. The application was very long. It was basically a skills test to see how you would handle a certain situation. After I completed the test I received a email inviting me to call and set up a interview. It was a phone interview with lasted about 25 minutes. It was a very easy interview, simple troubleshooting with internet issues type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company? Which browser do you use mostly? How would you help someone, who logs into their account, but every five minutes it kicks them out?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groupon (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two screening phone interviews one for technical skills and another for behavioral and then onsite.
    I applied online, next day got email from recruiter to schedule telephonic interview.
    Received rejection email with in 15 mins after the 1st screening interview. Very fast process. Asked for more feedback.

Interview Questions

• advance SQL query involved with joins, group by, order by, top nth and aggregation stuff.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed for Account Executive - Groupon Getaways

The interview process was quick which was refreshing. I was contacted by a recruiter within a day or two of applying online. We set up a phone interview for the following Monday. The recruiter was very professional and easy to talk to, less sterile and scripted as some other phone screens I've experienced. At the end of the call she told me she would be advancing me for an in person interview and we set up a time for later that week.

The in person interview started with a tour from another recruiter also friendly and professional. The offices are as impressive as they tout. Was put in a small conference room and given water unlike some of the negative reviews on here. Then a rotation began of 2 managers and 1 team lead. I felt like I hit it off with one manager but the other was stiff and the last talked so much about himself and the company I felt like I was interrupting every time I tried to converse, which is the whole point of an interview. Everyone had been there for 5 years or so which was encouraging that it's a positive work environment.

They all asked basic questions about my experience and the position. Nothing odd of off hand worth noting.

The original recruiter I spoke with came and walked me out and I left feeling overall positive about the experience.

None of them gave a card so only sent a thank you to the recruiters which felt a little odd but I should have asked them for their emails or been more aggressive on this. Truthfully was still ambivalent about the position (Groupons future and the endless stream of negative feedback online of Groupon Getaways) and maybe it showed.

Didn't hear back for a about a week, sent follow up email to recruiter. They called me the next day and said that it was a no go but they enjoyed meeting me and that we should stay in touch. It felt sincere but who knows. I just wish I had asked for more feedback on why.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with solely phone communication with clients?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Brief, quick, friendly to the point. Heard about the opportunity from a friend employed there. I met with two sales managers. They gave me a tour of the office, cafeteria, game room. Very neat facility. Easy interview. Contacted me the next day with an offer. I accepted and should begin next week.

Interview Questions

• Why shouldn't we hire you?   1 Answer

Front-End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Applied through their careers page and the process took around 2 weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screening and then was asked to do a technical interview over the phone with a software developer there.

Interview Questions

• Using a language of your choice, create a function that can detect if a string is a palindrome or not.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview:
    (1)HR round - normal questions like interests,location and preference etc.HR was very helpful too.
    (2)Hiring manager -1 //interview -1
    Given string is palindrome or not(Inlace without using extra buffer)
    (3)Hiring manager -2 //interview -2
    Given a number n - give me the first n prime numbers
    (4)On-site interview for continuously 5 hours with 5 different persons

Interview Questions

• (1)Given string is palindrome or not(Inlace without using extra buffer)
      (2)Given a number n - give me the first n prime numbers (Improve efficiency of code)
      (3)Fizz-buzz type question
      (4)Given a string(for e.g.,abc) and an array of strings(s1,s2,....sn) ->
      return an array of boolean values based on if a string s1 can be made from the characters of string(abc)
      (5)Find the duplicates in an array.
      (6)Given an architecture of an application - find the best ways to test it and make sure that how can we deliver quality products.
      (7)Behavioral questions like conflict with a team-member etc.

1 Answer