Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through a school program, so I submitted my resume through them, waited about a month and got an interview. Scheduled it with recruiting via email, went to Chicago headquarters and interviewed with four people at varying levels in the department. The interview itself took about two hours and I didn't see any of the office but the room I was interviewing in and the lobby. Heard back from them two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted via email by two different people in HR--one to ask my availability and another to schedule. I had one technical phone interview in which the interviewer seemed rushed and uninterested, then received a sympathetic 'continuing our search' message from HR the same day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you advised a business decision, any difficulties you had, and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When I arrived it was at least 7 other people in the lobby waiting to be interviewed as well. When it was my turn my name was card and I was led to the interview room. I interviewed with a woman and then with a man. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. I received a call back but I wasn't able to answer when the lady called and I was never able to reach her afterwards so I just assumed I didn't get offered the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me the day after I applied, I had about a 45 minute phone interview where they asked simple questions about my background and why I would want to work at Groupon. I was then invited in for an interview where I got a tour of the office and met with 2 different managers. The first person I talked to was harsh and aggressive, however, I think he was being that way to make sure I could handle the position. The second person I talked to was very helpful and we got a long very well. I left the interview feeling indecisive about the process but was offered a position the next morning.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter sent mail via LinkedIn to seek me out. Tried to arrange a phone screen which took over 2 weeks to get organized once I was able to get in touch with recruiter. Phone screen setup through jobvite service. Interview coordinator was slow to set up phone screens or to reply to mail. After phone screen, no response, but I contacted them via jobvite service and within an hour I got a form letter saying that they weren't going to offer me an opportunity to interview in person.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Was basically a conversation, no technical questions or sales scenarios. They didn't pry to much into experiences either. Almost felt like a rush event for a sorority, just wanted to see if I would fit in with the culture. As long as you mention liking money you get hired, even though once you get hired you come to realize no one who started after 2012 makes any sort of money here. At least you will learn a lot. Almost good to think of this place as an extension of your college education.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and took about 2 weeks. I first set up an phone call with the recruiter which went really well. She was very nice asked me about my current job and my interest in Groupon. After that I then was scheduled for an in person interview with two of the Sales managers. It was very unorganized and the people who I was originally supposed to see ended up having meetings and they just grabbed two other Sales managers on the fly to interview me. They clearly just wanted to hurry up and be done with it because one of them especially kept looking at his watch like he had no interest in being there or really getting to know me. I felt it was a waste of time. Would not recommend this company.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

The HR process moved quickly but the organization is so fragmented in its culture and work ethic that they "forget" to attend an interview meeting. They are always late to meetings and do not provide immediate or timely feedback. This is not a professional workplace, I would probably call this an ad-hoc revolving door.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the customer service representative online on indeed.com. The application was very long. It was basically a skills test to see how you would handle a certain situation. After I completed the test I received a email inviting me to call and set up a interview. It was a phone interview with lasted about 25 minutes. It was a very easy interview, simple troubleshooting with internet issues type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company? Which browser do you use mostly? How would you help someone, who logs into their account, but every five minutes it kicks them out?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groupon (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two screening phone interviews one for technical skills and another for behavioral and then onsite. I applied online, next day got email from recruiter to schedule telephonic interview. Received rejection email with in 15 mins after the 1st screening interview. Very fast process. Asked for more feedback.

Interview Questions

• advance SQL query involved with joins, group by, order by, top nth and aggregation stuff.   Answer Question