Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

One phone interview, one phone/online coding exercise, one in-person interview with 5 or 6 different people for 50 minutes/1 hour each without breaks. It was brutal and exhausting. All interview questions were code related, with every step of a 5 or 6 step process requiring me to write code that was actually functional (3 or 4 of the individual interviews) or pseudocode on a whiteboard, the exception being when we broke for lunch and that was riddles/brain teaser sort of thing. Exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was asking me to reimplement a hash class with arrays. Why would I ever do this? It's a base class with well understood functionality, and the actual implementation in any language would be highly optimized. I've heard the arguments about "testing the way you think about things" and I don't buy it, especially when you only have 50 minutes to do it. What about testing the way I'd actually write code every day?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Have a phone call and asked question about the basic data structure and searching and sorting problem. Not very difficult. Question like how to find the middle of a linkedlist. And ask question about the company itself.

Account Executive Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process Consisted of meeting a couple of the managers and being able to apply what you all ready now about Groupon.

It does take some time to go from each step.

Interview Questions
    • May take a little time to get an answer about if you got the job.   Answer Question
    Zero Negoatiation

Product Designer Interview

1 Phone interview. Later 1 on-site interview: Started with tour of the company, design presentation. 4 back-to-back interviews with Product Manager, 2 designers, 1 director. There is also a small design test. Was quite exhausting.

Inside Sales Interview

Relaxed method, interview is about determining if the job is a right fit for you and if Groupon is right for you, they take anyone and take lots of college students who have little sales experience

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Groupon in August 2014.

Completed a 30 minute phone interview a week after applying online. I explained my past work experiences that were on my resume then the interviewer explained in full detail what the position consisted of. Very laid back conversation and was asked to come into the office at the end.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a time in a past work experience that I had to convince a buyer or merchant to buy the product I was pitching.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Groupon in August 2014.

I was asked basic questions, have I ever purchased from groupon, my experience with sales. I was asked to just run down my resume on my own, I felt like I was just reading off what he already had in front of him. But this did allow me to go into more detail.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Initial Recruiter contact, review resume and set up a follow up phone meeting.Next call is Recruiter questions and in depth resume review, set up follow up meeting. Recruiter interview prep.Nest is skype RVP Interview with questions and role play. Final is Senior RVP Interview with positive feedback on his interest. Finally recruiter calls with The Offer.

Interview Questions
    • In a nutshell, how would you currently expalin to a client what we do here at Groupon?   Answer Question
    little to no salary negotiation. Benefits are good and are avaiable the first day of the first month after training begins.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Seemingly simple interview. Applied online and received an e-mail to set up a phone interview within the next week. Phone interview went really smooth. The person I talked to was very relatable and very laid back. They ask a lot of questions of why sales. They want to know why you chose that career path and where you think it'll take you.

Very fun interview, felt extremely comfortable, repetitive on their fun work culture.

Interview Questions

Sales isn't the role for me

Senior Email Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

HR responded very fast, she contacted me 10 minutes after I submitted the application. And it took me 3 three days to talk to them via phone. Never heard anything back from them after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we do an A/B testing, how would you divide the population, like percentage-wise?   View Answer

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!