Groupon

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.8

Customer Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

I applied through their website, sent a resume and cover letter. Filled out additional online form about availability, and best interview time. Also they have you copy paste your typing speed. Easy interactive process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Groupon.

Applied through a career fair. First, received a call from recruiter which was asking about my resume and was very general. Second, I had a technical interview on coderpad (an interactive tool similar to hackerrank). The question was pretty easy but the interviewer was not that helpful. Later, I was called for a second interview with a team manager which was generally asking about my experiences and background.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Before completing your online application, you had to write a mock email to a local business in order to persuade them to advertise with Groupon. This went well for me as I had gotten a call less than 24 hours later. We set up a phone interview for one week later. The phone interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years? All the questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Asked about passed experiences and some general questions. The questions are quite open, including character, and hobbies. Overall, it was very positive and nice experience. I wish that I have had more industrial experiences and less schooling! :) There may be other rounds of interviews and more technical. The interviewer was very nice and professional.

Seasonal Costumer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

I had an interview very early in the morning. Be personable and honest with your skills. The environment is very relaxed the lady I interviewed with was very pleasant. They don't ask the typical waste of time interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Pay was preset and addressed when I applied

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Very detailed, it will usually take around 2-4 interviews to get an offer. Definitely understand how they price their deals and what the concept is behind this. Know how to sell that pricing concept to a new client: you're covering their cost of goods, this is a marketing strategy to get people in the door and to try the food, etc

Interview Questions
    • They will run a scenario with you. It shouldn't be difficult if you understand how they create their features for a deal. Just make sure you know your basic math skills and you should be fine.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The first round is on-campus back to back interview with two interviewers. One is Software Engineer, one is PM, both of them asked technical questions. The first interviewer asked me the object-oriented design concept and how to know if a linked list has a loop. He also went through my resume and asked me some details about my projects. Another interviewer asked me how to find all permutations of a given array. Even though I gave the correct answer, he seems like more interested in how I explain my logic.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer asked me the object-oriented design concept and how to know if a linked list has a loop. Another one asked me how to find all permutations of an array.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Groupon.

I applied to them over a career fair at my school. Was then immediately contacted and we set up an on campus interview the next day. I had 2 back to back 45 minute technical interviews. Both were with technical recruiters. The recruiters were helpful when i got stuck and overall it wasn't very daunting. They also left time for personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Basic Data Structures and OOP questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

they asked a question about: given two eggs and a 100 floored building, how can you try lowest amount of time to decide the highest floor it will break, I don't know why this is related to a software engineering job

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Groupon.

Phone call then an in-person interview. If you qualify through the phone call, they ask you to come in the next week. Business professional dress, usually meet with more than one person.