Groupon

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Have a phone call and asked question about the basic data structure and searching and sorting problem. Not very difficult. Question like how to find the middle of a linkedlist. And ask question about the company itself.

Account Executive Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process Consisted of meeting a couple of the managers and being able to apply what you all ready now about Groupon.

It does take some time to go from each step.

Interview Questions
    • May take a little time to get an answer about if you got the job.   Answer Question
    Zero Negoatiation

Product Designer Interview

1 Phone interview. Later 1 on-site interview: Started with tour of the company, design presentation. 4 back-to-back interviews with Product Manager, 2 designers, 1 director. There is also a small design test. Was quite exhausting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon in September 2014.

I contacted a friend that was employed at Groupon and asked if there was an internal referral process. She advised me to just apply online (maybe there isn't an internal process or wasnt willing to vouch for me). So I applied online and approximately a week or so later I was contacted via email by a recruiter. We scheduled a 15-30 min phone interview. The phone interview was basic questions; experience, what sets you apart; WHY GROUPON?<-----super important to know about the company and how you use it. A few days later I was contacted again via email to set up an in person interview. I was interviewed by a sales manager with a sales rep also a part of the interview to help answer any of my questions. I was asked to do a quick "sell this pen" something important to remember is whatever scenario they throw at you, if they refuse to buy your pen, you need to make sure to ask the customer questions in regards to why they do not want your pen or just simply what they look for when buying their pens. Then we moved on to a 30 second pitch selling a Groupon to an imaginary customer. One tip during the pitch is to make sure provide the customer with a way in which your Groupon can help them (ex: I'd like to help you with a Groupon that could provide you with customers during a slow period or to bring new customers into the business), provide them with a success story ("I was recently able to provide Business A with a Groupon that increased sales during their slow periods by X amount of dollars) there was a third part to that but I have forgotten it. You may also be asked how you would handle a customer who just flat out refused to work with you, will never work with you, hates Groupon etc. In that case its important to remember that you still continue to ask questions from the customer as to why they feel that way etc. There was a very small bit of math you had to do in your head on the fly but if you have any ability to understand fractions youll be fine. After all this I was then interviewed by a higher up manager who I believe had to do with the onboarding process. In that interview we both just spoke frankly back and forth about ourselves the environment of the workplace etc. Essentially just trying to see if I'd be a good fit. After that the interview was over and I went home. I heard back from my previous recruiter that I had received the job approximately a week and a half later.

Edit-I forgot to add that they will bring up that starting salary is set and your first year is very strictly set in terms of training and the possibility for earnings for the year would not likely exceed 45K if all bonuses were met. Coming from a previous sales background I believe the base pay is fair, though the commission/bonuses may be a bit lacking they are still competitive towards the lower end.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen......Just remember to ask the customer a lot of questions as to why they use their particular pen brand. Provide an example of how you can fix or help a problem they may be currently having and in the end if they still dont want your pen, just remember to get as much information from them as possible.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Base pay and bonuses are all outlined very strictly within your first year.

Inside Sales Interview

Relaxed method, interview is about determining if the job is a right fit for you and if Groupon is right for you, they take anyone and take lots of college students who have little sales experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon in August 2014.

Completed a 30 minute phone interview a week after applying online. I explained my past work experiences that were on my resume then the interviewer explained in full detail what the position consisted of. Very laid back conversation and was asked to come into the office at the end.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a time in a past work experience that I had to convince a buyer or merchant to buy the product I was pitching.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Groupon in August 2014.

I was asked basic questions, have I ever purchased from groupon, my experience with sales. I was asked to just run down my resume on my own, I felt like I was just reading off what he already had in front of him. But this did allow me to go into more detail.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Initial Recruiter contact, review resume and set up a follow up phone meeting.Next call is Recruiter questions and in depth resume review, set up follow up meeting. Recruiter interview prep.Nest is skype RVP Interview with questions and role play. Final is Senior RVP Interview with positive feedback on his interest. Finally recruiter calls with The Offer.

Interview Questions
    • In a nutshell, how would you currently expalin to a client what we do here at Groupon?   Answer Question
    little to no salary negotiation. Benefits are good and are avaiable the first day of the first month after training begins.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon.

Seemingly simple interview. Applied online and received an e-mail to set up a phone interview within the next week. Phone interview went really smooth. The person I talked to was very relatable and very laid back. They ask a lot of questions of why sales. They want to know why you chose that career path and where you think it'll take you.

Very fun interview, felt extremely comfortable, repetitive on their fun work culture.

Interview Questions

Sales isn't the role for me

Senior Email Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon in June 2014.

HR responded very fast, she contacted me 10 minutes after I submitted the application. And it took me 3 three days to talk to them via phone. Never heard anything back from them after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If we do an A/B testing, how would you divide the population, like percentage-wise?   View Answer