Groupon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

very friendly, toured building then had 2 separate interviews, one via video chat. Took 90 minutes total. Was asked what seemed like some unrelated questions for the position but was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What my favorite app was on my phone and how you could make it better.   Answer Question

Work From Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was fairly simple did a phone interview got asked basic questions got offered a second interview in Chicago HQ took a simple computer test passed talked to a hr rep ask some questions then talked to the manager and later was offered the position through email a couple days later...

University Relations Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Groupon via their website and heard back rather quickly (2-3 days) from the hiring manager who set up one of her recruiters to speak with me for 30 minute on the phone. After successfully completing that stage, I had to wait a little over a week for the next stage which consisted of 4 Skype Interviews ranging from 45 minutes to an hour. The first interview was with two peers. The second interview was with a VP of Engineering. The third interview was with the hiring manager. The fourth interview was with the director of the group (the hiring manager's manager). I felt all interviews went well but some of them such as the peer interview, and the director interview had gone phenomenally well. After those interviews, I was told I'd hear back regarding results within 2 weeks. Towards the end of the 2 weeks, I received an offer from another company and let my interview team know. They promised a quick turn around and they delivered. I received a call from the hiring manager the following business day to alert me that they unfortunately were going with another candidate. Upon digging to find out where I missed the mark, the manager was very nice and let me know that the decision came down purely to location. I was a relocation candidate that would require a bit more ramp up time for the area than their local candidate who could hit the ground running. I thought it was very commendable that they would not only call me instead of emailing, but also letting me know why I was not chosen. I think overall this process was an excellent one and would look forward to possibly working for Groupon in the future sometime.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate a good candidate from an exceptional candidate?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview.first round was 30 mins and they explained role they were interviewing me for. 2 nd interview was more technical. Asked about my role at current position. Scrum concept. How much involvement i have with deployment team.

Interview Questions

• 1)difference between array and linked list. 2)falsy and truthy 3)mobile friendliness. 4)difference between == and === 4)what needs to be improve in angular js 5)what is inheritance in JS and how is it different. 6)coding question - find a area and perimeter of 4 different shape.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Told me it would last 2 hours it lasted four and by the end i was just so tired and hungry it was hard to concentrate. Everyone had there own sheet of questions, it was very unclear what they were looking for in a candidate Great company environment

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Highly unprofessional. The recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview. I confirmed the date and time of our call, and she agreed to it. However, the recruiter no-showed to the call with absolutely no communication. I had specifically carved time out of my day to be away from the office for this call. Advice to Groupon: Your recruiters should have some respect and be considerate of people's time. If you don't want to interview someone, don't reach out and schedule an interview. It's that simple.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an in at the company, applied online then I was invited to come down to their HQ in Chicago. Interview process was fairly straightforward and the place is legitimately a call center. Interviewed with two managers and was walked out by a recruiter. I will say this, on our tour, once we reached the third floor, we walked into the media area and there was a gentleman projectile vomiting in the garbage. I know they have a work hard, play hard mentality but that was pretty unprofessional. It should also be noted there was more than one beer can laying around their office. Aside from that everything else was fine, still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer asked about the general concepts of the company. What do we do? Tell me about our business?   1 Answer
    • Second interviewer asked strictly about hypothetical situations. "We don't want to do business with Groupon, change my mind"   1 Answer

I haven't heard back from them yet can't honestly answer the question.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Phone and Skype combo. Seemed rushed and wrote me off quickly without diving deeper. Seemed like they wanted a direct connection with the work I'm doing at my current employer, but the industry and circumstances are different. They asked a lot of questions about handling stress, constant change, and working within a fast-paced team environment.

Interview Questions

• How many clients do you currently support?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in March 2015.

Interview

Everyone, including my recruiter and interviewers, was very nice. I loved speaking to all of them! My recruiter especially was extremely supportive and was always happy to answer any questions I had. The interview process for me consisted of one initial phone screen, where they asked general questions about the programming language I told them I felt most comfortable with and about things on my resume, and then three hour-long interviews over Skype after that.

Interview Questions

• Know your data structures very well! This includes (but is definitely not limited to) hash tables, linked lists, stacks, queues, and trees. Even though the questions weren't extremely hard, you have to really know your basic data structures and algorithms to get them.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

1. I ahd applied for a Mobile application development project.Firstly I got an phone screening call, they asked me abut my projects, why Groupon. 2. Then there was a technical coding interview where the interviewer gave his brief background and then asked about mine, but was least bothered about my academic projects.He asked me few questions on Android like life cycle of android the then he asked me to write a code on a shared screen.