Groupon

365 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult:
1. Add two polynomials in Java, implement the classes
2. Find if the words in a string can be formed form a longer string
3. Write Fib, improve recursive Fib

MBA Summer Associate Interview

MBA Summer Associate

Interviewed at Groupon

Interview Details – Application via school's portal. 2 Back to back interviews.
First: with VP of Finance. Questions included: What is the one thing they should remember about me, what are my weaknesses, specific questions about the bullet points on my resume (especially about data analytics) and a consulting case. The case consisted in understanding why a Opera theatre was losing money. I had to ask questions and he would give me the information until I get the right answer.
Second: with a Operations person. The interviewer asked me why I wanted Groupon and which roles I was interested. Then she also gave me a case to solve. The case was about selecting the best between 3 new deals for Groupon. I also had to ask questions to get the right information to be able to solve the case.

Interview Question – I wasn't expecting consulting case questions and that was the most challenging part.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a campus interview call through a career fair. At the fair I was asked basic questions for screening like whats the difference between Scrum and Kanban? Why would you use A/B Testing etc.

In a couple of day I got a call for campus interview which consisted of two 45 mins technical interview. After a week I was informed that they had considered someone else for the position.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to find the range validated by the following function .

bool InRange(int x)

No details regarding the implementation of the function was provided. You can call the function and get a true or a false based on if the number is in Range.

FP&A Analyst Interview

FP&A Analyst

I interviewed at Groupon in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round phone interview with HR. 2nd round with hiring manager. Did not get an offer.

Interview Question – How do you work in an unstructured environment?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

Interviewed at Groupon

Interview Details – College recruiter, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Question – Pitch groupon   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Groupon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 people in this order - recruiter, sales manager, and regional vice president.

Interview Question – Why do you believe in Groupon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Groupon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty simple. Had a 15 min question and answer session over the phone where the requiter got to know me. She was very friendly and nice to talk to. She got back to me within the time frame they stated, but said they were looking for someone with more experience.

Interview Question – Make sure you can create a sales pitch to potential clients.
Why groupon? What has your experience been with using groupon?

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Groupon in November 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, contacted by recruiter. Two phone calls and then I made it to the interview process. Set up in person interview and meet with three groups of two people.

Interview Question – What is my favorite Elton John song?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon in February 2013.

Interview Details – There were three phone interviews then one in person interview at the office.

Interview Question – They were all basic sales questions, nothing out of the ordinary. SELL A PEN!   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Groupon.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews - Phone - In Person - Phone