Groupon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

Outside Sales Account Executive
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Groupon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Someone that works at groupon passed my resume to HR. I received an email and set up a short, 15 minute phone interview. That went well and I was invited to a second phone interview. The second interview was about 40 minutes.

I was invited to interview in person in Philadelphia with The International VP of Sales and the City manager, who were flying in from Chicago to interview candidates for an evening and the following day. I prepared the best I could, preparing questions, seraching the internet for Groupon in the news, which was pretty negative at this point in time, stock performance, etc. I actually prepared a 30, 60, 90 day plan which I never had the opportuntiy to present. I also had prepared some info for role playing, even though I was told that it would just be conversational interview.

I shook the hand of the City Manager and then was introduced to the International VP of Sales. He asked me about my background and then jumped right into role playing.... It was typical, he was a restaurant owner and I would try to sell him a groupon daily deal. I introduced grouon. I overcame 3 or 4 objections price( people spend more than the groupon), why do I need this (keep up with competition), keep new customers with groupon rewards, why no go with cheaper competitors- do not have the larger client base of groupon, brand, customer analysis, etc. He asked mre to calculate discounts- when I came up with the answer immediately, he tried to sutmp me with more difficult calulations. When he said he wanted to think about I set a follow up appt. But I didn't close him on the spot so he let me ask a couple questions and had the HR person tell me they would contact me next week. I never got to sit down with the city manager.

MY RECOMMENDATION: BE PREPARED TO SELL! Practice role playing with anyone that will sit down with you before the interview!

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Groupon? Contribute to the Community!

Groupon Videos

Groupon – Why Work for Us?

Who We are, How We Work We provide a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Groupon interview questions and advice in Philadelphia, PA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Groupon employees and interview candidates.