Groupon

Groupon Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Groupon in January 2013.

Applied via their website, and was contacted shortly after for a phone screen. The phone screen was about an hour of basic questions, and was brought for an in-person interview after which consisted of 5 or 6 1-hour sessions.

Overall, the interview process was a negative compared to most companies I've interviewed at. My first interviewer spent more time texting than paying attention to anything I was saying. I'd understand that if it was already decided that I was a no-go (though still pretty rude) but given that was the first interview I can't imagine that was the case. There was also an employee shadowing during an interview that asked a lot of questions that implied he didn't understand the question the other employee was asking me before coming in to shadow. We spent a lot of time explaining the problem to him that there wasn't time to complete the solution to the problem.

Also, watch out if groupon flies you in to interview. It's been over 2 months, I've followed up several times, and they keep saying that their reimbursement process is having "technical issues." Given the negatives I've heard from merchants about groupon being slow to pay them, I don't think I'm actually going to get reimbursed for the travel expenses.

Payments Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Groupon in January 2013.

I had two phone interviews and both were very informal and enjoyable. I felt that Both interviews gave me an excellent sense of what to expect on my first day of work and the office culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my experiences in my past sales position and how I could translate this to my new position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Groupon in September 2011.

I have never had so many interviews for a sales role. 6 interviews really guys!

Interview Questions
    • Most are pretty standard just get ready to give the same answer several times to several people   Answer Question